mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Pick Your Team 2018 Rnd 25 - Warriors vs Raiders
Simon Mannering 300TH
LAST REGULAR ROUND GAME

Raiders 3.jpg

After the Round 24 game against the Penrith Panthers at Mt Smart Stadium do you want to see any changes for the Round 25 game against the Canberra Raiders at Mt Smart Stadium?

Promotions?
Demotions?
Any new injury concerns?
Any returning players?
Any tweaks to the bench?

Discuss...

Reaction score
Otto Sump

Otto Sump

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Rinse and repeat. Unless green is good to go.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Rest everyone for the finals
Not unless they are carrying important injuries. In any case Lino had another blinder tonight. Every game (3 now) that he has started with SK the side has won. That is an important stat IMO.

Reaction score
Aman

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I know it’ll never happen and it’s probably not warranted but I’d actually drop Maumalo for a game even it’s under the guise of rest just to let him
Know it’s about the team and not him. He hasn’t celebrated any of Katas try’s last few games and looked pretty disinterested tonight. I know it must be hard seeing Fus rack up try after try and your greedy centre not put you into any open space but he needs to realise as long as the team wins that’s all that matters. Hope he proves me wrong next week and plays with a little bit more passion

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
I know it’ll never happen and it’s probably not warranted but I’d actually drop Maumalo for a game even it’s under the guise of rest just to let him
Know it’s about the team and not him. He hasn’t celebrated any of Katas try’s last few games and looked pretty disinterested tonight. I know it must be hard seeing Fus rack up try after try and your greedy centre not put you into any open space but he needs to realise as long as the team wins that’s all that matters. Hope he proves me wrong next week and plays with a little bit more passion
I don't think he was sulking tonight. He was more cramped on that side but didn't seem to be chasing the metres like usual. That may have been because of his shoulder though. The guys who went to sleep tonight were in the forwards, not the backs.

Reaction score
Aman

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I don't think he was sulking tonight. He was more cramped on that side but didn't seem to be chasing the metres like usual. That may have been because of his shoulder though. The guys who went to sleep tonight were in the forwards, not the backs.
Yea I just read he had a bung shoulder for the second half so maybe just ignore my comment

Reaction score
Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
The club loves players going to Kearneys office and asking him how can they improve.

Ken should meet every week and ask how can I score more Trys.

Next weeks changes will be Green for Lino....Pulu will be given a stupid Jersey number yet play.

Good to see him running alongside SJ, when SJ made a clean break, Pulu was flying....seemed to play some good minutes too.

How bizarre to see Mannerings offload and passes stick. An old Dog plays new tricks after 299 games.

The right edge with Tohu back is red hot, hasn't skipped a beat.

Look forward to getting a measure on Tohu Beale....since Hiku is still getting bounced off like a bludger.

Hiku has the advantage of a preseason with those combinations, I'd be looking at a Wing spot for him next year.

Penrith leaked points....you cant expect Warrior Maths ( score two concede one) to get this side anywhere with Hiku at Center....it just doesn't win competitions.
....because you cant outrun bad defence in a defensive comp.

Who drops out for Beale ?

Has to be Pita dont it ?

If its Pulu, SK has made a bad call imo....dont think he will tho....but who knows hes the boss type....will back his own beliefs.

Having said all that about Hiku I love his talent and wont sook if we take the risk option...go PITA....tackle up.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Miket12

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Mannering’s three hundredth game.
Mannering’s last ever regular season game.
First finals appearance assured in nearly a decade.
Chance of a home final.
My birthday the next day.

And my wife wants me to go to some fashion show. FML!!!!

Reaction score
wizards rage

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Manners struggled against the raiders last outing and struggled to contain the bigger players.

Looking for him to have a big one in his 300th as he’s coming nicely into form coming into the business end of the season

Reaction score
wizards rage

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Chance of a home final.

We will excuse you, but only if it’s some Victoria secret type fashion show ;)

Reaction score

Centurion

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Chance of a home final.

Haha, the only thing fashion related is trying to decide what to wear for Simon's 300th bro.

Ah our wives. Gotta you love em!

(My Mrs, who's not a league, said last night, "why doesn't Kata ever pass it to Ken!")

Reaction score
Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Chance of a home final.

You poor bastard....like the top four....your eyes will be seduced while your brain chants ' I'm a married man.. I love my wife....who cares if the Warriors didnt make top four... at least we're in the finals'.

I was sober driver at a fashion gig...Waitresses kept offering me free Champagne..... ' no thanks I'm on the Coke tonight'....turned out to be the wrong turn of phrase...led to an awkward misunderstanding....turns out u should say Coca Cola in full at these functions.

Ah well bro sounds like you're being tested by the Boss....pull your socks up...no Gus Gould in the stands impersonations.

Last edited:
Reaction score

jonesy101

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Not with SJ he didn't, those wins were all starting with SJ. Having somebody like Lino as a backup is a real advantage.
Agree its great having Lino as backup. However he did start with SJ against the Storm and they lost so its not a perfect record with that combination. Green and SJ is still by far the best at the moment. However Lino is looking to be a good successor for Green if we can hold on to him.

Reaction score

Tim burgess

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Like the Cowboys last home game of the season for JT. Hopefully Mannering is playing his last home game in front of a sellout crowd.

Otherwise barring injuries similar line up. I’d possible rest Green for a week. Get him ready for finals football

Last edited:
Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Agree its great having Lino as backup. However he did start with SJ against the Storm and they lost so its not a perfect record with that combination. Green and SJ is still by far the best at the moment. However Lino is looking to be a good successor for Green if we can hold on to him.
My bad, I was going on a stat posted in the press or at the ground, I do remember now. Having said that the kid was brilliant last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom