Pick Your Team Pick Your Team 2018 Rnd 2 - Warriors vs Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely need to look a that bench utility role. In the last couple of seasons whenever we had a centre or winger injured Thompson or Mannering got pushed out there and were badly exposed for a lack of pace.
Yeah look what happened when a Center was binned yesterday.....the opposition didn't always need to out flank us....they could run straight between what was left of the left edge because with no Kata goes the communication links....we got caught ball watching like dead mutes.

Reactions: Off The Bench
If there are any changes they will be minimal.

The main consideration would be if they want to bring Paasi in. Or continue with Cook.

Cooks selection seemed like a reward for work in the pre-season and doing well in the trials. Selecting him again would help his development. A game at home would be an ideal time to give him more minutes. It's a long season so there is a good chance Luke will get suspended or injured at some point. Getting Cook some game time now could help us out long term if we need to call him up later in the season.

Otherwise do they look at Lawton instead?

The thing with the backup dummy half is Kearney usually leave Luke on until the game is decided. That happened a lot last year and the reserve would only see 5-10 minutes. Last year was also hampered by injuries and Roache was often shunted to the wing.

Reactions: Dino Velvet
Karl is our one- kayne is his brother.
The irony of this is that cook and Lawton are good friends.
All things being even I would probably go with Lawton just because he's a really strong defender but cook has got the jump on him and I think he deserves another chance.
Karl will feature at some point as long as he can stay fit- he's had a lot of injuries.

Karl sorry
I think deserving a spot is rubbish its what's best for the team that matters.An I'm hoping when we got everyone back on line SK uses a horse's for courses approach
Karl for mine offers more .
Just as some games Ken should be our winger an other
Games we could try a different option .Crusaders don't use all their guns all the time .an they are masters at
Bringing in talent an having it slot straight in..

Reactions: Weno and Sup42

Stalefish540

Contributor
Guys we are always going to have a 3 forward bench with a utility, because we always run a backrow with 2 80min backrowers. 2 props, 1edge/mid and a utility. Without injuries our 8 subs breakdown goes 4 prop, 2 backrow, with the 2 spare for the last 10mins like most teams do. Lawton will come in for mine when up to speed, due to being a genuine utility. The team won't change for the titans unless lawton comes in, or mannering is fit(prob rest him again anyway as Papa was outstanding.

Guys we are always going to have a 3 forward bench with a utility, because we always run a backrow with 2 80min backrowers. 2 props, 1edge/mid and a utility. Without injuries our 8 subs breakdown goes 4 prop, 2 backrow, with the 2 spare for the last 10mins like most teams do. Lawton will come in for mine when up to speed, due to being a genuine utility. The team won't change for the titans unless lawton comes in, or mannering is fit(prob rest him again anyway as Papa was outstanding.
Amen

No changes for me, anyone coming back from suspension or injury works their way back in through ISP. Nobody in the team that played the rabbits deserves to be dropped.

Even though he scored a try I would swap Kata.

His defensive reads are my concern. Seeing an old fulla like Blake Green defending Kata's man will be a problem against stronger teams.

And we have a depth at centre. So maybe train Kata as a hooker so he can be a utilityo_Oo_Oo_O

His defensive reads are my concern. Seeing an old fulla like Blake Green defending Kata's man will be a problem against stronger teams.

And we have a depth at centre. So maybe train Kata as a hooker so he can be a utilityo_Oo_Oo_O

For Gods sake don't let that Genie out again. From the sounds of it Paasi is still wrapped up, 1st grade isn't the place to recover from injury. Same as Beale. There is no rush.

For me no one played themselves out of the team. Kata and Maumalo both did some good things, and both played their arses off.

It is the same team for me, although I can see Lawton supplanting Cook, and Mannering will be fitted in somewhere down the track.

Forget who they are playing, it is about our guys maintaining their standards, for that is what they did yesterday, set the bar. They can't dip below it and must look to raise it. There are plenty of areas to do that. The inconsistency of performance has to change to be successful over a season.

For Gods sake don't let that Genie out again. From the sounds of it Paasi is still wrapped up, 1st grade isn't the place to recover from injury. Same as Beale. There is no rush.

For me no one played themselves out of the team. Kata and Maumalo both did some good things, and both played their arses off.

It is the same team for me, although I can see Lawton supplanting Cook, and Mannering will be fitted in somewhere down the track.

Forget who they are playing, it is about our guys maintaining their standards, for that is what they did yesterday, set the bar. They can't dip below it and must look to raise it. There are plenty of areas to do that. The inconsistency of performance has to change to be successful over a season.

I'd still pull the trigger. But thanks for sharing your insight.

No changes. Kept to the same side when we lost 9 straight. Why change a winning side ?There will be tweaking but not against Titans. Cook deserves another run. Vete will play reserves first up. Other suspects will get there opportunity, it's a long season.

• Haha
Reactions: Nahz

Kata and Green were both jamming in all day, it had to be a coach's directive to try and stop the ball going to Inglis. Same with Hiku and Gagai on the other side - so don't think we'll see him dropped for following instructions. In the Titan's trial don't recall him jamming much and he sat on Hurrell while he was out there and kept him contained, so we'll hopefully see a repeat of that.

I think Cook is this year's Papali'i, rewarded for a strong pre-season with a spot in round 1, but will be dropped back to ISP to develop even after a win. Lawton will get the nod against his old team.

Vancent

🫣
Contributor
Lawton in for Cook, his dressing summation of it all being another level up was both accurate and telling.

I’d expect Lawton to perform well above average given an early chance in 14, and players usually lift a level or two against their former teams.

I know Konnie will.

Reactions: Tragic
Status
Not open for further replies.