Pick Your Team Pick Your Team 2018 Rnd 18 - Broncos vs Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.
for me now the season us turning into a "MEH" season....they really need to turn it around or we are a chance to miss the finals again.....I've got enough faith left that they cannot play that badly two weeks in a row.

I guess Beale will be in for Hiku and maybe Pulu on the bench if available for selection.

Otherwise SK will not make any dramatic changes.

Reactions: YeahNah 4020
I am quite used to the Warriors capitulation in the last 15 minutes to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

However, if we somehow missed the playoffs now from the start we had I dont know what i'll do...............................

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
However, if we somehow missed the playoffs now from the start we had I dont know what i'll do...............................
Don't you go doing anything stupid mate!!!

Capture.JPG

Super Freak

Brisbane Broncos Bench Player
Do you guys think it's possible the Warriors peaked too early?

I've seen this happen to many teams in my time watching Rugby League. They would start off the season on top of the world and when it gets to the business end, they start to drop off and eventually bow out of the finals.

But I'm predicting the Warriors to kick start their season again with a win this weekend. I can't see a win for the Broncos.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
I cant believe this. I fly to the gold coast on Wed, and fly home on Sunday, from the gold coast and am actually going to be able to watch the whole game before i have to hop on a plane, but didnt realise the game was on and havent left enough time to drive from the game to the airport so my wife is not letting me go to the game.

I live in Melb, i get to see one game a year, without massive amounts of travel and cost, and this time im going to be there and i cant go. How fucked is my life. . .

And now they will fucken win to boot. Remember the only game i have seen so far this year was the storm destroy them.

tajhay

🏉
I cant believe this. I fly to the gold coast on Wed, and fly home on Sunday, from the gold coast and am actually going to be able to watch the whole game before i have to hop on a plane, but didnt realise the game was on and havent left enough time to drive from the game to the airport so my wife is not letting me go to the game.

I live in Melb, i get to see one game a year, without massive amounts of travel and cost, and this time im going to be there and i cant go. How fucked is my life. . .

And now they will fucken win to boot. Remember the only game i have seen so far this year was the storm destroy them.
Pay to change flights bro. Might as well get to witness two smashings in the same season.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Pay to change flights bro. Might as well get to witness two smashings in the same season.
nah, already looked into it, basically have to buy the flights again.

edit and return flights are monday morn

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler

Sounds like perfect guilt trip blow job ammo to me...

After the last few Woeful Warriors seasons, I had sworn off going to any Warriors live games this season and kept my word... in the last 5 years of living here in Brisbane, we have traveled to Canberra, Sydney, Townsville and the Gold Coast to watch our team. (Gold Coast has been kind)

But I will still watch the Brisbane game in the security of the lounge room on Fox, safe in knowing the TV remote is a but a quick flick away if needed.

• Haha
Reactions: razzrillinger

I've seen this happen to many teams in my time watching Rugby League. They would start off the season on top of the world and when it gets to the business end, they start to drop off and eventually bow out of the finals.
The big issue for the Warriors is that when they cop injury to key forwards they don't have the depth to cover it.

That early season peak coincided with having a fully fit Afoa, Pulu and Harris out there.

Once Pulu dropped things got a bit weaker, then when Harris went the team got their first raping by the Storm.

In other words our back up forwards are not quite at the level they need to be.

The other player they can't win without is Luke.

I think you will see a massive slump followed by a meteoric turn around when Harris Pulu and Afoa return at seasons end (anticipating they don't lose any key infrastructure at the same time).

We can win without Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Mannering and Johnson, in that regard the teams overall depth and ability to adjust has had an often overlooked transformation.

It is up front where they are riding an already lean mix of forwards that their fate rests.

If they are within striking distance when and they get their key players back in time they will be in the mix in a big way.

If not they are no chance in hell.

But I'm predicting the Warriors to kick start their season again with a win this weekend. I can't see a win for the Broncos.
I don't think its that, and I have seen that many times as well. Our problem has been we either turn up for the fight and win, or don't and get thumped. Looking back across our season and there was probably only one game we deserved to win but lost and that was the Sharks debacle. All our other losses we deserved by our own performance. If our middle forwards don't get into the wrestle in the first 5 minutes we lose, if they do, we win. It really has been that simple, which is all the more concerning when they don't seem willing.

Status
Not open for further replies.