Pick Your Team Pick Your Team 2018 Rnd 14 - Manly vs Warriors

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Pick Your Team 2018 Rnd 14 - Manly vs Warriors
Manly 1.jpg

After the Round 12 game against the South Sydney Rabbitohs at Mt Smart Stadium do you want to see any changes for the Round 14 game against the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles at AMI Stadium?

Promotions?
Demotions?
Any new injury concerns?
Any returning players?
Any tweaks to the bench?

Discuss...

NOTE: BYE ROUND NEXT WEEK

wrighty

I dream of the blackcaps winning the world cup
Contributor
Mar 17, 2018
Manly have been inconsistent all year. Inconsistent means "stink" when sports journalists use it. Kind of like if they call a team average then they mean they are shit.

I say we will win against Manly due to having SJ back.

I am going to list two teams. My team and the team Kearney will pick.

My Team

1 RTS
2 Fusitua
3 Beale
4 Kata/Gelling
5 Ken
6 Green
7 SJ
8 Blair
9 Isaac
10 Paasi
11 Papali'i
12 Harris
13 Mannering

14 Gavet
15 Afoa
16 Satae
17 Lawton

Kearney's team

1 RTS
2 Fusitua
3 Hiku
4 Kata
5 Ken
6 Green
7 SJ
8 Gavet
9 Isaac
10 Paasi
11 Mannering
12 Harris
13 Blair

14 Tevaga
15 Papali'i
16 Afoa
17 Satae

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Reactions: matiunz and TripleL

wrighty

Contributor
Mar 17, 2018
:eek:..I would rather Beale or Ayshford and leave Hiku at right centre. We have two excellent wingers that just need feeding, and that was shown tonight. Hiku can feed Fusitua and either Beale or Ayshford can feed Maumolo. Gelling isn't first grade material IMO.

You might be right about SK picking them but if he does he is admitting his left side attack is below standard and is prepared to risk it.

How many passes did Hiku make tonight in the 7 jersey, 1 or 2 tops. SJ makes 20 to 30 passes a night in that job. I appreciate that they decided to mainly use Green but Hiku did get the ball sometimes and just chose to hit it up himself. He is more of a ball hogg than Kata. Although neither of them seem to pass much.

Also Hiku has his worst defensive night tonight by some distance.

Right now he is 5th worst in the NRL with missed tackles with 42.

Maloney 68
Rochow 49
Korisau 46
Hunt 45
Hiku 42

Next Warrior Blake Green in 24th spot with 28 missed tackles

Reactions: D1zWarz and Uncmase

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
How many passes did Hiku make tonight in the 7 jersey
He was a failure, although it didn't help he was behind a failing pack as well. He is not the answer at pivot, but he has been very successful at centre feeding Fusitua, that is beyond question. His defence is shite as well but it hasn't cost us much, yet.

wrighty

Contributor
Mar 17, 2018
he has been very successful at centre feeding Fusitua, that is beyond question.

Rightly or wrongly I am questioning it. Hiku has three try assists in 12 games. Placing him in 42 place in the league. As flawed as that stat may be, he should have more of them if he had a great partnership with Fusitua. As it is, I hardly ever see him to pass to his winger. He always takes the line on himself. I think SJ and Harris have set up more of Fusitua's tries.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/stats/players?sortBy=tryAssists&pageNumber=3

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Rightly or wrongly I am questioning it. Hiku has three try assists in 12 games. Placing him in 42 place in the league. As flawed as that stat may be, he should have more of them if he had a great partnership with Fusitua. As it is, I hardly ever see him to pass to his winger. He always takes the line on himself. I think SJ and Harris have set up more of Fusitua's tries.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/stats/players?sortBy=tryAssists&pageNumber=3
Fusitua until today was equal top try scorer in the NRL, who is his inside centre? Sure SJ, Lino and Harris have played a part, but so has Hiku. He is a bit like Ayshford on attack, doesn't look much but just seems to confuse the defence for his winger.

wrighty

Contributor
Mar 17, 2018
Fusitua until today was equal top try scorer in the NRL, who is his inside centre? Sure SJ, Lino and Harris have played a part, but so has Hiku. He is a bit like Ayshford on attack, doesn't look much but just seems to confuse the defence for his winger.

Hiku arguably let in two tries tonight
1) The commentators blamed him for the second of the two short handed tries in the corner
2) In the 2nd half they blew straight past him and scored.

Only one of these tries was converted. Nonetheless had we lost tonight by 20-10 instead of 30-10 then this place would be less gloomy.

If Beale had started the seasom in his centre spot then Fusitua would still be the leading try scorer and the warriors would have conceded at least 30 fewer points. And we would be would be much better off on the plus minus.

Despite all that it isn't his defence that troubles me the most. I can only remember him 2-3 times passing the ball to his winger in 12 games.
Now maybe as you say him taking the ball to the line so much creates havoc and freedom for Fusitua, but I think he over plays his hand.

Tedster

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 29, 2014
1 RTS
2 Fusitua
3 Hiku
4 Beale
5 Marshmellow
6 Green
7 Johnson
8 Gavet
9 Luke
10 Paasi
11 Mannering
12 Harris
13 Blair

14 Satae
15 Papailli
16 Lawton
17 Afoa

Would like to see how Beale go's paired up with Maumalo - a centre that can pass on that side would be nice - Note though: Hiku still there as Kearney will pick him and so will Kata as don't think Kearney has ever dropped anyone? Lisone seemed to be listed as "injured" on that first week so probably expect him to be named against manly too. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Reactions: Ref

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
RTS
Ken
Beale
Hiku
Fusitua
Green
Johnson ( miss him)
Passi
Luke
Gavet
Mannering
Harris
Blair

Lawton
Sao
Bunty
Satae/
Papalill

There aren't a lot of other options to bring in, that are obvious improvements.

Gavet has been disappointing this year. Needs to step back up
When is Pulu back?
Sao has been the form player in reserves so deserves a chance, provides bulk too
A little unsure about. Satae however still short of a prop

Good thing about these losses being the fact that nobody is talking about Green for SOO selection and the likes of Gavet are nowhere near Kiwi selection. Even Blair would be on the outer if based on current form.

Reactions: Defence

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings