Pick Your Team Pick Your Team 2017 Rnd 6 - Warriors vs Eels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weno

Weno

Only see a Bunty change if Bodene cant pull through.
Not expecting anything else like i have been since week two.

Reactions: 1 user
Leaguegod

Leaguegod

Gavet has been our forward of the season not Lillyman. Historically Lillyman always runs for 100+ metres pre origin, look closely all his runs have NO impact, as I said before stats mean shit Gavet makes Lillyman look like a park footballer.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
jonno

jonno

Gavet is playing outstanding footy atm.

Lillyman is playing great also.

Time for the rest of the pack to step up.

Reactions: 7 users

Centurion

Fair enough. He's heading toward the form he had back in 2014 when he, Taupau, Sue and Seumanufagai terrorised team's with Wests Tigers only this time with a much smaller supporting cast.

He and Bull were great yesterday starting and I have to say Gubb looked better off the bench when he came on. Lots of "energy" but MOST importantly that mongrel that so many of us have been pining for. Gotta love that!

Last edited by a moderator:

facefacts

Bunty worked typically hard. Ran a noice line and scroed a try too. I dont understand why he was dropped.

Vete just plodded along.

He was probably dropped because he's a pup...from what he's shown so far he's pretty much guaranteed a very good and very long first grade career (barring catastrophic injury) so it does no one any good smashing the kid week in week out...the way he plays is like Mannering, non stop, and that takes a toll, he needs to ease into top grade.

Vete could be the best prop we've ever had, he needs time to learn the position.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

WarriorBall

If you were to bring CNK up into first grade he would make an equally effective center imo, I've seen him play a number of games in that position at ISP level and look as good as he does at fullback, we don't necessarily need to pigeon hole him on the wing.

The issue I have with Kata is the same issue most others have, he's made a rod for his own back by never passing, the defense just sit on him these days. His hit ups have become less effective, in fact the script is clear to see for anyone paying attention, 1st tackler holds him and gets him up on his toes, 2nd and 3rd men in drive him backwards, the alarm bells ring anytime he picks the ball up off our try line.

He use to consistently make around 150 meters and be menacing, now he doesn't get near those numbers, he's been found out, he needs to adapt his game to grow his game.

His defense is keeping him in first grade at the moment but our left side attack is looking impotent once the ball gets past Hoffman.

I don't wan't to be too hard on the bloke though because center is one of the hardest positions in the game to learn, I'm probably trying to say in a round about way that CNK is probably more of a natural ball playing center than Kata is and to have strike on both edges must be on the Warriors "things to do" list.

Reactions: 3 users

facefacts

That was the first game iv'e seen from Gavet that would give me reason to have him anywhere near first grade...great intensity and effort, and i didn't see any stupid niggle.

Of course a few great games here and there is one thing, stringing a season of effort together is a whole other matter...lets hope he's turned a corner.

Last edited by a moderator:

WarriorBall

That was the first game iv'e seen from Gavet that would give me reason to have him anywhere near first grade...great intensity and effort, and i didn't see any stupid niggle.

Of course a few great games here and there is one thing, stringing a season of effort together is a whole other matter...lets hope he's turned a corner.

He always looked to me like he had the world on his shoulders, now we see him with a smile on his face enjoying his footy but fortunately he's lost none of that hard edge he's always been known for. As you point out the real test for him will be whether he can sustain it for the season.

Reactions: 2 users
Maddog

Maddog

Gavet is playing outstanding footy atm.

Lillyman is playing great also.

Time for the rest of the pack to step up.
I think Ligi Sao has also done the job that is asked of him and Mannering has been Mannering.

Reactions: 9 users
jonno

jonno

Dreaming if you think Gubbs getting dropped after posting his best running meter stats of his career on the weekend.

unclesteve

unclesteve

I think Blake probably redeemed himself in the 2nd half and his combination with Fusitua will probably be given another go. It on the other side that is of concern for mine. You would have to assume that Lolo or even CNK would have done better with the 1/2 break that Ken botched. But if you replaced Ken with either of those 2 they are still going to be hamstrung by Kata...and we probably give up meters on kick returns. And he has been pretty solid under the high ball of late.

I dont know what the answer is, its too disruptive now to replace both. Sticking the little nugget out the wing risks being beaten in the air.
Unfortunately I think the only thing left is to give Kata a spell in reserves to try and get his mojo back. Maybe Lolo or CNK to come in at centre as a direct replacement.

rugged

rugged

Over the last two weeks our forwards have been better with ball in hand, but have struggled to contain opposition packs (did it well in 2nd half against Titans) based on that I would not be looking at bringing Kenneth into the 2nd row. Who knows what his defence would be like? It is something that would need to be tested in reserve grade before throwing him into first grade

Reactions: 2 users
ryno

ryno

Man we need to win this game badly.

Would suck to be 2 and 4 leading into the next stretch:

Raiders (away)
Storm (away)
Roosters (home)
Panthers (away)
Dragons (home)
Broncos (home)

Dear oh dear oh dear.......

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
jonno

jonno

Man we need to win this game badly.

Would suck to be 2 and 4 leading into the next stretch:

Raiders (away)
Storm (away)
Roosters (home)
Panthers (away)
Dragons (home)
Broncos (home)

Dear oh dear oh dear.......
Really our only major weakness ATM is defense.

So we're basically screwed until the bye round and origin season.

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.