• Toafofoa Sipley

• James Gavet

• Patrick Sipley

• Chris Satae

• Daniel Palavi

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I put my painted black glasses on, I would say we could win, but if I take those glasses off and put on normal glasses that you can see through I would say we are in for a world of hurt. I'm just glad we had Newcastle first round, because we had a win and we probably wouldn't get the same result against them now

Reactions: Leaguegod
Having squandered an opportunity ( i.e. a winnable game) against the Bulldogs, the Warriors now face the third-placed team on the leader-board on home-soil - good luck with that one boys!! only one step away from bottom of the leader-board!!

And don't the Warriors have an awful track-record against the Dragons? One of their bogey teams I seem to recall.

Last edited:
Reactions: bruce
St George looked impressive on that form we would struggle.
To compete there would need to be more structured play and a major change in personnel.
SK and his co training team must be aware of the issues, and like most teams if you have key personnel on the sidelines doesn't help.
You would think it is going to take time for the KF factor to kick in so can't see us winning.

Reactions: Sup42
Key selection for me is at dummy half. Based on what St George did to the Sharks, if Luke can't find some sort of spark, or at least pretend he's interested in getting quality ball to Shaun Johnson, then I don't know if it matters who else we select.

I was really disappointed to lose ngani
He could be described as a combination of Hurrell and Kata...but arguably a more complete player overall.

Hard runner like both. Good defender like Kata. Built like both . Smarter than both. Can draw and pass like Hurrell could, but Kata can't.

Could feed his winger like a good centre should.

A real shame injury prevented him staying the team. Came up as a union player from Palmy so wasn't hard for that code to win him back over.

It sucked then and still sucks now.

Cameron McInnes vs Issac Luke = smart recruitment vs absolutely no fucking idea

Gotta say I had serious doubts about Luke falling into the lazy culture.

However you cannot blame the recruiters, when he as signed he was one of top 3 hookers in the world and lets face it quality players don't hold Mt Smart as their go-to destination. It was a coup at the time to lure a top-quality player to the club same as Roger Tuivasa-Sheck even though they paid overs. Again you could not foresee his struggles with injury when he never missed a game for the Rorters!

Gotta say I had serious doubts about Luke falling into the lazy culture.

However you cannot blame the recruiters, when he as signed he was one of top 3 hookers in the world and lets face it quality players don't hold Mt Smart as their go-to destination. It was a coup at the time to lure a top-quality player to the club same as Roger Tuivasa-Sheck even though they paid overs. Again you could not foresee his struggles with injury when he never missed a game for the Rorters!
You mean Rabbits - where in his final year I'm pretty certain I recall there being problems between Luke and Maguire.

Luke was traditionally always been dropped for Souths for at least one game a season his attitude fluctuates throughout a season. Best attribute has always been his running game which is completely nullified by our impotent pack.

If Kearney doesn't think Clark's good enough to rotate with Luke which has been the case in the last two games, doubtful he will replace him. Roache has been injured and Tevaga can't pass.

The team needs leadership and a set of players who are up for fight.

Hopefully Foran can delivered leadership and help generate abit of fight.

You can have all the skills in the world with determination, fight and want to do it, you are useless to anybody.

Last edited:

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
There’s no point going on about the strengths and weaknesses of the opposition when your own team has such soft forwards and outside defence that can’t cope with simple stuff thrown at them.

But not buying the dragons turnaround just yet.

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. CNK
– Give him an extended run on the right wing, all other options haven’t worked. He will bring enthusiasm and workrate, what about that play when Lolohea tried to go right on attack and there was no one outside to pass to!
3. Fusitua – Bit torn on this, he’s been very quiet, when he should be an absolute weapon. Look at the size of the prick, have him run short balls off of Johnson, don’t tell me he couldn’t get the arms free and make more things happen. He and Klokstad have a good mix of size and workrate.
4. Ayshford – As a Kata fan boi, this hurts, but he has been absolute mud this year. Still think he has a long career ahead of him, but he’s fcuking up in defence and can’t see anything other than the man in front of him in attack. Give him a few weeks in a winning reserve grade team to sort it out.
5. Lolohea – Look, I like to think I was hating on him before it became popular, when people were screaming about Wright playing ahead of him, it was just choosing between 2 crap players. BUT with Vatuvei injured, he is a reasonable back up winger, because he can finish, he is quick to get in support – if we ever make another line break. Less likely to exposed on the wing. No more fullback time please god. Manu to replace him eventually, if he isn’t taken out the back for dog tucker. Poor beast. Looking like a sad end to a great career.
6. Foran – bugger it, we bought him for a good time, not a long time. Send him out.
7. Johnson
Fcuk me. Every single prop would be alright coming off the bench – none of them can lay a platform at the start. Will give Gavet a go, at least he is physical.
9. Luke - Dud, but until Roache returns they don’t seem to have any faiths in the other backups, so whatever.
10. See 8, Gubb.
11. Thompson
12. Hoffman
13. Mannering
14. Maumalo
– backline injury cover, specifically Foran injury cover. He takes Loloheas wing and tui goes to wherever is needed. on the off miracle chance we get through a game without someone getting pulled off he can play some run it up the middle.
15. Afoa – good bench forward to have
16. Lillyman – if you don’t confuse him for a starting prop, he’s fine.
17. Vete try him off the bench, been a bit soft.

TL;DR

Dropped Lisone and Kata for horrendous defensive decsions and Clark cos they don’t trust him so what’s the point. Assume Vatuvei injured. Promote Gavet, Ayshford and Klokstad

Last edited:
Foran, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck back in. I've never been a fan of Maumalo but there are no other options.

The Dragons can defend and know how to kick and know how to score points, so unless the Warriors miss fewer tackles the Dragon's will win. Still looking forward to the game, go Warriors

Last edited:
1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. CNK
3. Ayshford
4. Kata
5. Fusitua
6. Foran or Johnson
7. Johnson or Lino
8. Gavet
9. Clark or Roache/ Tevaga
10. Lillyman
11. Afoa
12. The Hoff
13. Manners

14. Sipley
15. Maumalo
16. Thompson
17. Lisone

Get rid of Luke and Lolo.. time to work on next year stuff.. Have to have an oragniser out there.. That aint Johnson.. So either Foran and Johnson or Lino & Johnson for me. he deserves a shot... CNK and Fusitua on the wings will make a huge diff. The forwards are the biggest weakness so change something.. speed of plays, extra pass.. anything for gods sake. Playing Aus ball is boring and kills us as a team and a spectacle for the fans. We aint the storm.. never will be.

Reactions: Inruin
Status
Not open for further replies.