Pick Your Team Pick Your Team 2017 Rnd 3 - Warriors vs Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ayshford did have a good effect on Lolohea for a short while.

It's just a shame he doesn't fit the profile we're looking for.

Tackle bot edge forwards and "creates magic out of nothing" backs.

Yeah they worked really well together until Shek got injured, which meant Lolohea was moved to fullback, where he was found out, not because he lacks the skills rather the instincts.

Reactions: Viking and jonno
Ayshford is a great distributor, but is limited in every other category and has the odd shocker on defence. If Kearney has decided that Fusitua has the potential to be a world class centre and I believe he has, there is no sense in moving him to wing as it is going to hinder his development.

Fusitua probably could turn into a very good center, but i think i would rather see a player with his speed, skill and incredible finishing ability get his hands on the ball more often, and wingers these days are getting more ball and are having a far greater attacking influence on a game than centers. Either way i'm not expecting much from the latest Warriors coaching rabble.

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck wont play so this will hopefully give Manu an opportunity to play.
It will also save Ken Maumolo for another week, although with Kearney it is going to be extremely hard to break into his 19 as he builds a squad and gives them game day experience. He is building a squad so Bellamy was spot on when he said fans must be patient.
Hingano looks like he could be an outstanding five eighth but he will be better with more experience. When Foran is back he could be a great interchange player. Would like to see the tough Tevaga get a run this week too.
Who says Roger Tuivasa-Sheck won't play?

bruce

Contributor
Looks like 11 plays 13 in Dunedin next week. What a tough game, the Bulldogs will be going for it.

If Gubbs tackle is dangerous and he knows that it would likely bring a charge, surely , that is confirmation the man is a moron. He has only just completed a lengthy suspension for his tackling technique. It looked spectacular but he was diving at the ankles . I thought that was ok, maybe shoulder charges count on the shins too.

If Gubbs tackle is dangerous and he knows that it would likely bring a charge, surely , that is confirmation the man is a moron. He has only just completed a lengthy suspension for his tackling technique. It looked spectacular but he was diving at the ankles . I thought that was ok, maybe shoulder charges count on the shins too.
Our club doesn't have a culture of 'thinking for yourself'....

It hurts me to say this, but I guess Gubbs just waiting for someone to bob him on the head and tell him what's up with those tackles.

bruce

Contributor
Well some can be quite bad depending on how many you have had and he hasnt had many so it wasnt' bad
What I should have said there is not such thing as a minor concussion, however some are more serious than others. If I recall the protocol was for at least a weeks stand down.

Jordan G

Our club doesn't have a culture of 'thinking for yourself'....

It hurts me to say this, but I guess Gubbs just waiting for someone to bob him on the head and tell him what's up with those tackles.

In his defense I think he was going for one of his legs tackles when the Storm player stepped towards him at the same time.

I don't think there was intent to do what he did it was just a tackle that he got really wrong due to the timing and perhaps the conditions didn't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.