Pick Your Team Pick Your Team 2017 Rnd 16 - Warriors vs Bulldogs

Will the Warriors win the bye?

• Yes

• 50/50

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

WarriorBall

I'd like to see Ken move back into the second row personally but I know that ain't gonna happen, whats up that post try celebration? you don't get paid more for falling over the line big fella, that's simply part of your job.

Worried2Death

Worried2Death

Yeah Zac who the hell is Santo and his twin Manaia Cherrington...._ along with second cousins Pulu and Sao twice removed.

Oncle Tohu Harris is coming to play in the halves to round off the stellar signing news.

I still have some vague hope SK has some actual signings up his sleeve. No one expects Ata to win a comp at his age & stage. All these smallchange dudes aren't troubling the cap, he must have a minimum of three big names lined up for next season, surely...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
rugged

rugged

Ken Maumalo has certainly improved since the start of the year, but he's not a winger. He never beats anyone on the outside, or inside, or carries anyone over the line, or produces the sort of diving tries that Oates has produced recently. He has never displayed the aerial ability Manu had. In short, his main pro's are...meters gained, which he does well, but which he can do in the forwards. Once he loses a yard of pace, he will become obsolete as a winger, by which time he will likely be too far along to make a proper go of a move to the forwards.

Agree that he is not a true winger, however, I have doubts if he is a true forward as well. See how his meters gained go if he has to do the defensive work of a forward and also loses the early tackle carries against lines that aren't quite as set.

He has proven solid in defence in the air and has managed one or two finishes in the corner, which means he will do an ok job on the wing while our forward pack is struggling. If our forward pack grows a pair then Fusitua will be more than capable of giving momentum early in the sets and Maumalo will be back to ISP.

Reactions: 1 user
Waiting For Premiership

Waiting For Premiership

Agree that he is not a true winger, however, I have doubts if he is a true forward as well. See how his meters gained go if he has to do the defensive work of a forward and also loses the early tackle carries against lines that aren't quite as set.

He has proven solid in defence in the air and has managed one or two finishes in the corner, which means he will do an ok job on the wing while our forward pack is struggling. If our forward pack grows a pair then Fusitua will be more than capable of giving momentum early in the sets and Maumalo will be back to ISP.
Yep, Billy Tupou MK 2

Makasene

Makasene

I've constantly said I'm a fan of his, constantly said he's not a winger.

Nothing's changed.

Glad he's getting more out of his game, but at best he'll only be a first grade winger who has extra strings to his bow. He'll never be a top echelon winger.

He's no Billly "the bomb" Tupou, that's for sure.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
mrblonde

mrblonde

James Graham to be announced as a mid-season signing by the Warriors and to be on the interchange bench.

Otherwise, same team as for the Titans game.

mrblonde

mrblonde

Actually?

Which part of my extensive, well thought out and artistically written missive makes you think "Actually?"

The first part? Yes, I damn well do want James Graham as a Warrior but obviously, realistically, that won't happen so fast that he plays against his former club in less than a fortnight. Will it happen at any stage realistically? Well, James is off contract at the end of 2018 and JD would be a fool not to pick up the phone and have a natter. TBPH that's all I want from the Warriors given the problems we have luring players: To know that Graham/Thurston/Whoever was coming off contract and we called and said "Hey, mate! You interested in Auckland?" I wouldn't waste the player's time/the club's time if the initial response was No but I'd want to hear the No. Wouldn't you hate to read Some Marquee Player had signed somewhere else but implied in an interview that he'd have really seriously considered Auckland if only someone had called him/his manager?

The second? I didn't see any performances that screamed "Don't pick me!" on the weekend (I never re-watch games so yes I may have missed seeing something live that on re-watch would make me scream "Moron!" at any player in particular ie I know we let in three tries but I can't single out one player).

As always, happy to be shown the error of my ways in that regard...

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Billyspleen75

Billyspleen75

Is it time to start the "Maumalo to the forwards" thread?

• Haha
Jwoodzy02

Jwoodzy02

Which part of my extensive, well thought out and artistically written missive makes you think "Actually?"

The first part? Yes, I damn well do want James Graham as a Warrior but obviously, realistically, that won't happen so fast that he plays against his former club in less than a fortnight. Will it happen at any stage realistically? Well, James is off contract at the end of 2018 and JD would be a fool not to pick up the phone and have a natter. TBPH that's all I want from the Warriors given the problems we have luring players: To know that Graham/Thurston/Whoever was coming off contract and we called and said "Hey, mate! You interested in Auckland?" I wouldn't waste the player's time/the club's time if the initial response was No but I'd want to hear the No. Wouldn't you hate to read Some Marquee Player had signed somewhere else but implied in an interview that he'd have really seriously considered Auckland if only someone had called him/his manager?

The second? I didn't see any performances that screamed "Don't pick me!" on the weekend (I never re-watch games so yes I may have missed seeing something live that on re-watch would make me scream "Moron!" at any player in particular ie I know we let in three tries but I can't single out one player).

As always, happy to be shown the error of my ways in that regard...

Yeah I knew it wasn't happening but like you I wish it was haha