Sam whitelock
Akira Ioane
Rieko Ioane
SBW

Ben Smith
A savea
J kaneo
E Dickson.
I'd pay to watch that side I know we already do in the all blacks .just shows what talent is out there we need to tap into the source before union does,now Henry is hanging around we could poach some of that.and it's good he is bridging the gap between the codes

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: jonno and Tedster
Last time we beat the dragons we dropped Manu, Lisone, Vete, Matulino, Thompson and Hurrel.

Mannering wasn't playing either. I guess we didn't need his defence to save us when we fielded a team who were all playing sober.

And a forward pack that either busts the line or drops to their knees for a quick PTB would help a lot...
It was clear to anyone watching what tactics Penrith were adopting last night.

Reactions: jonno
CNK, second First Grade game. 2 tries, 1 line break, 3 tackle breaks, 0 missed tackles, 0 errors. He even managed to drop a bomb backwards.

Gavet came up from reserves and now he's our best prop.

Ayshford came up from reserves and now he's our best center.

Ben Matulino, 9 runs for 70 meters.
Bodene Thompson, 6 runs for 68 meters.
Sam Lisone, 6 runs for 31 meters.

Drop these bums.

Time to start tapping into the reserve grade team.

I haven't watched a lot of the reserve grade team this year, but I know they are going well. So I would like to see a few changes made. I would like to see whoever there best two forwards as far a meter eaters are given a chance.

I would drop one of Luke or Shaun Johnson to send a message. I wouldn't drop both as that's a lot of experience. But a message needs to be sent.

I would also make training on Monday hell. I played premier rugby in Christchurch. It didn't happen often but if we put up a performance like that we got slaughtered at Tuesday night training.

Reactions: MurrayTD
Fuck the entire pack off. Say what you will about the others in the team, but at no point in the game did any of our forwards apart from Gavet contribute a fucking thing. Seriously ... look at the first half. Even when we were dominant, our pack were making three metre carries and crumbling with .25 seconds of contact. I wouldn't be re-signing any of the off contract forwards on our roster that have been in first grade consistently. By all means sign a few of the young lads, but Lillyman, Hoffman and the rest can piss off. We'd be better off sticking the names of every off contract forward in the ESL to a dartboard and signing whoever the darts land on

I'm heading back to my shell of not watching live after a month of watching live. My mental health will benefit. The only thing I care about is CNK and Fusitua retaining their spots on the wing because they did their jobs - finish plays and score trys. Everybody else is expendable.

I would also make training on Monday hell. I played premier rugby in Christchurch. It didn't happen often but if we put up a performance like that we got slaughtered at Tuesday night training.

the line " you think you can win on talent alone? you dont have enough talent to win on talent alone"

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. CNK
3. Ayshford
4. Fotu
5. Fusitua
6. Foran
7. Lino
8. Gavet
9. Roache
10. Matulino
11. Ogden
12. Vuniyayawa
13. Mannering

14. Luke
15. Thompson
16. Hoffman
17. Lisone

Really struggling to find decent forwards, but I figure what's the harm in trying people doing damage in the grade below, might at least show some heart. Also, did not include Johnson intentionally, to put him back in to reserves and make him care as well as why not get either Hingano or Lino playing alongside a real professional in Foran for as much as we can before he leaves, my theory is that they will learn more with Foran in a proper NRL game than they will in playing alongside Johnson

CNK, second First Grade game. 2 tries, 1 line break, 3 tackle breaks, 0 missed tackles, 0 errors. He even managed to drop a bomb backwards.

Gavet came up from reserves and now he's our best prop.

Ayshford came up from reserves and now he's our best center.

Ben Matulino, 9 runs for 70 meters.
Bodene Thompson, 6 runs for 68 meters.
Sam Lisone, 6 runs for 31 meters.

Drop these bums.

Time to start tapping into the reserve grade team.
Yea, The three guys Kearney resisted bringing into the team,are now 3 of the best.

Dropping Johnson, yeah right. Any bloody half in the NRL cant be effective if they dont have a forward pack going forward. Thurston had some hard years at the Cowboys, but with Tamou, Scott, Jason T, Coen Hess, etc... he become the one of the GOATs.

Thompson, Hoffman are making critical individual mistakes. Our forwards make no metres. Watch the first two sets of the game, look how many metres panthers made then how many we made. The look after we score how many panthers make and how many we made.

Vete, Lisone, Sao, Mutts are not the answer. Even Gavet doesn't make the most metres but at least he playing longer minutes and he brings aggression to this side.

On that note it's time to get at least one of the Sipley boys up.
Patrick Sipley
32673129364_3b302cbbab_b.jpg

6 foot 2, 116 kgs...

Averaging 4.55 meters a hit up, after contact.

Stalefish540

System reboot, see you all in '23.
Contributor
Lillyman will be kept due to his fitness and reasonable defence, although 0% effective in attack. Afoa is cleary better and more willing and needs to replace Sao. Lisone needs to be replaced by Satae/Sipley, as lillyman can play longer mins and let one of the younger/bigger boys rip in for a shorter stint.

Maumalo better not show his ugly head again. Quite possibly the worst body postioning running into contact in the nrl, surely manu has taught him how to drop low into the line not run so upright..and stop running directly at blokes run into holes monkey brains.

Status
Not open for further replies.