General Pick Your Team 2017 Rnd 1 - Warriors vs Knights

Status
Not open for further replies.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
From what I remember of that game, it was a right royal game of two halves. So here's hoping for 80 minute consistency.
Definitely a game of two halves. Other things I recall was Benry playing his last game after doing another ACL, Manu Vatuvei and Solomone Kata having an absolute shocker, Blake Ayshford and Tuimoala Lolohea having an amazing game particularly in defence where no try was conceded on their edge, Sam Lisone having an admirable debut and was the only one bending the line, Bodene Thompson having an immediate impact once subbed on, Issac Luke looked lazy asf and was outplayed by Nathaniel Roache...

Probably more but Id end it by saying it was a shit game and I wish I could wipe it from my memory banks...

Reactions: Jay M

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
Lolohea
Fusitua
Kata
Vatuvei/Maumalo
Hingano
Shaun Johnson
Vete
Luke
Gubb
Thompson/Afoa
Hoffman/Afoa
Mannering

Lisone
Lillyman
Afoa/Papalii
Tevaga

Kearney won't want to have too many Rookies to start with so will want at least one of Thompson/Hoffman to play, I prefer Thompson.

Clarke played and passed well. Tevega has proven NRL defence, that gets him over the line for me and I suspect Kearney, although I would be comfortable with Clarke.

I think SK will have Gubb there, Charlie is playing significant minutes now and seems to be more effective ball in hand. Lisone, Vete and Tevaga can cover 2nd Row in an injury.

I have no concerns about Kata's hands, they have never been an issue before and a trial is a good time to highlight issues with timing etc.

I only watched the whole Titans trial a couple of days ago, it seemed the Warriors were keeping a fair bit of powder dry, and fair enough.

The Knights will provide a stern test, they are not the easybeats now. Looking at recent history you have to be deluded to think the Warriors can take anyone easy.

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
Just seen on NRL.com an article about team naming changes:

Summary: 21 man teams can be named today, to be cut to 19 24 hours out from gametime.
The 17 that actually play have to be named from that 19 man team unless an exemption has been granted by the NRL.

Warriors teams can be named up to 5:00 Auckland time...

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
They changed the rules on that didn't they?
Yip, 21 maximum names released today (17 active players plus 4 additional reserves). Then reduced to 19 maximum names 24 hours before kick off (17 active players plus 2 additional reserves) and the final 17 released an hour before kick off.

Dispensation has to be sort to replace a player with someone outside of the named squad. Looks like a player recovering from injury to named at the last moment can't happen.

Warriors have to name their squad by 5.00pm NZT (3.00pm Sydney time) and all other squads by 4.00pm Sydney time.

https://www.nrl.com/nrl-team-lists-announcement-changes/tabid/10874/newsid/104101/default.aspx

Reactions: fizurg

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
Play The Ball has been rather forthright on this issue as I recall - arguing that as the NRL profitted from fantasy football it should be more stringent in this area.

Reactions: tajhay and Inruin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings