10. Lisone
11. Afoa
12. Hoffman
13. Mannering

14. Clarke
15. Lillyman
16. Gavet
17. Papali'i

My understanding is Boden and Manu will be unavailable for selection.
With Clarke and Papali'I, some players are just ready, and they will learn more in first grade than reserve. Sick of hearing that players need more time to learn, better to learn from the best. Case in point is Sipley, he should be playing 1st grade this year. Bring these 2 in they look exciting, talented, committed and ready.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
The only mystery to me now is which two players will make up the bench? The four prop rotation is locked in with Jacob Lillyman, Albert Vete, Sam Lisone and Charlie Gubb definite picks. Still unsure as to who starts but that will be the rotation. Bunty Afoa will take Bodene Thompson's spot according to that article. That leaves James Gavet, Toafofoa Sipley, Isaiah Papalii, Patrick Sipley, Jazz Tevaga, Erin Clark and James Bell fighting it out for the last two spots...

Inruin

Contributor
The only mystery to me now is which two players will make up the bench? The four prop rotation is locked in with Jacob Lillyman, Albert Vete, Sam Lisone and Charlie Gubb definite picks. Still unsure as to who starts but that will be the rotation. Bunty Afoa will take Bodene Thompson's spot according to that article. That leaves James Gavet, Toafofoa Sipley, Isaiah Papalii, Patrick Sipley, Jazz Tevaga, Erin Clark and James Bell fighting it out for the last two spots...
no Ruben Wiki?

As always, our views in what we see as the best 17 are mostly aligned.

I really couldn't care now. We have a new coach, a stronger roster, anothers years experience, fells like greater hunger, greater belief, greater understanding of what it will take to win.Greatest spine we have ever seen as a club, greatest cluster of talent looking to break through we have seen in a long time, greatest front of house in our history.

I for one am excited, we are doing all we can as an organisation to be Number 1.

100% dedicated Warrior.

Last edited:
Reactions: Warrior2017

Jordan G

There was an article earlier in the week with Gubb where he talked about how his only concern was making tackles and doing defensive work, but after talking with Kearney he's more focused on developing an all-round game that involves both attack and defense.

if his mindset on attack was to do nothing and conserve energy for tackling then no wonder his runs were marshmallow coated. Not saying they will be different this season, but for me everyone has a clean slate until they get on the field so I won't be upset if Gubb is named in the side round 1.

Reactions: snake77

Jordan G

Are you suggesting he ran it up soft to conserve energy? He played 20 mins a game, he runs it up soft because he is a powderpuff

Just reading between the lines of what Gubb himself said.

"I was just playing one side of the game," he said.

"I wasn't really concerned about attack. I just wanted to do an awesome job on defence but now I want to do both.

"He (Kearney) put a lot of confidence in me and we've been talking a lot over the preseason on things I need to work on.

"I've been doing those and I feel like I'm a more well-rounded footballer now.

"I want to play more minutes, get more touches, make harder carries and see where that takes me.

"I'm determined to do that this year. I've been practicing a lot, it's just about proving it on the field now."

Motivation and confidence are two big things when it comes to playing prop or in the forwards in general. If you don't really want to do it or don't believe you'll have an impact when you do then you're going to get dominated.

Like I said, he may prove no more effective than last year, but I'll wait to see how he goes first.

Reactions: Rick O'Shay

Inruin

Contributor
Round One last year - will be interesting to see the differences in the team named and the performance

WARRIORS v WESTS TIGERS
Campbelltown Sports Stadium, Sydney
7.30pm, Saturday, March 5

Vodafone Warriors

1 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2 Tuimoala Lolohea
3 Blake Ayshford
4 Solomone Kata
5 Manu Vatuvei
6 Shaun Johnson
7 Jeff Robson
8 Jacob Lillyman
9 Issac Luke
10 Ben Matulino
11 Ben Henry
12 Ryan Hoffman (C)
13 Simon Mannering

Interchange:

14 Nathaniel Roache
15 Sam Lisone
16 James Gavet
17 Bodene Thompson
18 Jonathan Wright
20 Albert Vete

Head Coach: Andrew Mcfadden

Round One last year - will be interesting to see the differences in the team named and the performance

WARRIORS v WESTS TIGERS
Campbelltown Sports Stadium, Sydney
7.30pm, Saturday, March 5

Vodafone Warriors

1 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2 Tuimoala Lolohea
3 Blake Ayshford
4 Solomone Kata
5 Manu Vatuvei
6 Shaun Johnson
7 Jeff Robson
8 Jacob Lillyman
9 Issac Luke
10 Ben Matulino
11 Ben Henry
12 Ryan Hoffman (C)
13 Simon Mannering

Interchange:

14 Nathaniel Roache
15 Sam Lisone
16 James Gavet
17 Bodene Thompson
18 Jonathan Wright
20 Albert Vete

Head Coach: Andrew Mcfadden

From what I remember of that game, it was a right royal game of two halves. So here's hoping for 80 minute consistency.

Reactions: Miket12
Gubb is a bullshit artist. Early last year he said his defence is fine, he just needs to work hard on his offence. Now he is saying that he only cared about defence last year.
He is trying to talk his way out of something that he knows he is ineffective in.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor

Good point, F--- that was deflating opener, could just see after 30 minutes, that nothing had changed after all. 2nd half comeback was just dressing up a turd.

Had that false hope that the final trial was the blip, and not the real thing - it was the real thing.

Change of coach (to unlock the “talent”) has been tried 3 times, and didn’t work with any of them.

4th times a charm?

Kind of interesting we are likely to send out an even less experienced team:

Ayshford - Fusitua
Vatuvei - Maomalo
Robson - Hingano
Henry - Afoa
Matulino - Gubb

Just as well its the Knights, if we were on the road against a sydney team on a hot afternoon (as is opening round tradition), would predict a loss and the air would come out of the balloon real fast.

Reactions: Defence
Isiah is impressive , can play center as well.
Cant wait to see what has been planned for this young gentlemen.
Will Isiah feature or will he be bled through , would not be surprised if he features . Wont be disappointed if he is bled in.

We have two Sipleys , will be happy with both or even one of them in our game day line up.

Young Clarke will be disappointed if he misses out on round one.
Played himself into the team from the Titans game , I think if Isiah is in the line up , then we only have room for one rookie.

Gubb looks in favour , backed up Vete well against the Titans.
Nothing spectacular , but solid.
Every team needs that type of prop.
Souths have Tyrell - Cowboys have Bolton - Sharks have Tagatese - Dragons have Ah Mau.
Can Gubb become ours before Jake leaves?

1 - Roger Tuivasa-Sheck 2 - Lolohea 3 - Fusitua 4 - Kata 5 - Vatuvei 6- Hingano 7 - Shaun Johnson 8 - Vete 9 - Luke 10 - Gubb 11- Hoffman 12 - Afoa 13 - Mannering

14 - Clarke 15 - Lillyman 16 - Lisone 17 - P or T Sipley 18th man Isiah

Status
Not open for further replies.