General Pick Your Team 2016 Rnd 7 - Bulldogs vs Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Mannering to prop is an option, Mannering is pretty strong and hes able to take a hit in keep moving, he doesnt seem to have any footwork and his passing is not flash so let him shore up the middle and take the hard carries and try a couple of these other guys in the back row like Sao, Thompson when hes back, Lane on the edge

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. Fusitua
3. Ayshford
4. Kata
5. Wells
6. Loloheia
7. Johnson

8. Lillyman
9. Luke
10. Mannering
11. Hoffman
12. Lane
13. Sao

14. Leuluai
15. Matulino
16. Vete
17. Gavet

Last edited:
Reactions: Sup42
For me Gubb gets dropped for being a dumb fuck, shaping up when everyone knows there will be no punches thrown, while taking his and other players attention away from the play deserves to be punished, bollocks to his sports psychologist and the "red mist" if it makes you a liability. Bully was as bad watching the handbags while a player runs right past him, puts an exclamation mark on a team full of dumb dumb's. Manu may have been given the nickname by FF buts at least his mistakes are made in the context of playing the game.

Last edited:

Danpatmac

But its never going to happen. Lolohea would have been destroyed if he was playing in the halves against Manly with the lack of forward momentum

Im sick of hearing this

Our forwards lost the physical battle but they werent destroyed

we still got enough go forward to score 18 points... there were plenty of opportunities for our halves to impose themselves on the game and they pussied out

The argument is bullshit

Last edited by a moderator:

Inruin

Contributor
Im sick of hearing this

Our forwards lost the physical battle but they werent destroyed

we still got enough go forward to score 18 points... there were plenty of opportunities for our halves to impose themselves on the game and they pussied out

The argument is bullshit
I didnt say our forwards got destroyed. We did not have much go forward ball much at all. They did lose the physical battle. I am certainly not saying Shaun Johnson is blameless but I dont think Lolohea playing in the halves would have done any better.

Kinda surprised at the number of members on here calling for a major reshuffle yet happy to leave Johnson in...and at 6?
We members, and the NRL experts, all cried WTF at the decision to play him there and the results speak for themselves!
Imo, Shaun & Jeff are our weakest links atm. It just aint working!
Say what you want about Bully or Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, but they are used to playing with VERY different teams and structures, and the frustration of not having a rock-solid disciplined squad around them is already beginning to show. It was the same for Sam Tomkins....a world class fullback made to look pathetic by the ineptitude that surrounded him.
Returning to England had nothing to do with being homesick..dude was just trying to save what was left of his career!
If we reward mediocrity, that is all we will get! So Shaun Johnson & Robbo can spend a couple of weeks playing NSW cup deciding just how badly they want their next contracts. Is there anyone here who honestly thinks a Tui & Tommy combo could possibly be any worse?
Jazz & James come straight back in purely for their desire and determination...they have shown more than anyone else so far this year.
But, going on McFaddens track record we will have exactly the same team next week:banghead:

Kinda surprised at the number of members on here calling for a major reshuffle yet happy to leave Johnson in...and at 6?
We members, and the NRL experts, all cried WTF at the decision to play him there and the results speak for themselves!
Imo, Shaun & Jeff are our weakest links atm. It just aint working!
Say what you want about Bully or Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, but they are used to playing with VERY different teams and structures, and the frustration of not having a rock-solid disciplined squad around them is already beginning to show. It was the same for Sam Tomkins....a world class fullback made to look pathetic by the ineptitude that surrounded him.
Returning to England had nothing to do with being homesick..dude was just trying to save what was left of his career!
If we reward mediocrity, that is all we will get! So Shaun Johnson & Robbo can spend a couple of weeks playing NSW cup deciding just how badly they want their next contracts. Is there anyone here who honestly thinks a Tui & Tommy combo could possibly be any worse?
Jazz & James come straight back in purely for their desire and determination...they have shown more than anyone else so far this year.
But, going on McFaddens track record we will have exactly the same team next week:banghead:

Couldn't agree more bro. Johnson and Robo and flippin cringe to watch esp on defence. But Cappy being Cappy will never sit them out. They're way too comfortable in the position they've been given. If we throw them into NSW, they'll come back better, stronger and hungrier.

It's sad that favouritism still plays a part in our team.

Reactions: Xfactor
Frankly, if Gavet's tackle on Munster was put on report, I don't know how the hell Gubb gets away with what he does.

If he tries that shit on Klemmer or Graham, there is going to be fireworks.

Yep at a few points this season with his style he's going to come to blows it's
inevitable , How he handles this mentally an if he can stay focused will be interesting
Anyway I'm a big Gubb fan.But .We've got a good bench forward rotation , An should
be using a horses for courses approach In saying that I hope our man does put that shit
on Klemmer an graham if he's picked just hope He's ready for what comes next,

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Gubb out- he just makes no meters in attack and even his "defensive impact" isn't really that good ATM

Hurrell out- wasted bench spot, he's not an impact player it's centre or nothing but ATM Kata has his spot.

Wright/Robbo - weren't actually as bad last night but should be gone when their replacements are ready (Manu from injury, TL but not quite yet he needs more fitness)

Will have to see how they go in NSW cup but any of Lane/Sao/Ali/Gavet to come in.

Also think we missed a bit of impact Spark from Tavega but I don't think he'll get a look in as long as TL is on the bench

Gubb out- he just makes no meters in attack and even his "defensive impact" isn't really that good ATM

Hurrell out- wasted bench spot, he's not an impact player it's centre or nothing but ATM Kata has his spot.

Wright/Robbo - weren't actually as bad last night but should be gone when their replacements are ready (Manu from injury, TL but not quite yet he needs more fitness)

Will have to see how they go in NSW cup but any of Lane/Sao/Ali/Gavet to come in.

Also think we missed a bit of impact Spark from Tavega but I don't think he'll get a look in as long as TL is on the bench

I agree, Im willing to give Lane a chance and see how he goes if he gets picked.
Hurrell was mud lastnight lol. Wasted bench spot for sure.
How would our current pack do against the likes of Klemmer, Kasiano, Beastwood and Graham? Terrible. We need to rotate our forwards and be honest with ourselves. As much as I want Tevaga there, TL is better.

Reactions: matiunz
1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. Lolohea
3. Ayshford
4. Kata
5. Manu/ Wells

6. Tommy - (half done still better than fully done Robson)
7. Princess

8. Mannering
9. Luke
10. Mutts
11. Thompson/ Lane
12. Hoffman
13. Sao

14. Tevanga
15. Vete
16. Lane/ Gavet
17. Lillyman

Reactions: BlaqAdam
For me Gubb gets dropped for being a dumb fuck, shaping up when everyone knows there will be no punches thrown, while taking his and other players attention away from the play deserves to be punished, bollocks to his sports psychologist and the "red mist" if it makes you a liability. Bully was as bad watching the handbags while a player runs right past him, puts an exclamation mark on a team full of dumb dumb's. Manu may have been given the nickname by FF buts at least his mistakes are made in the context of playing the game.

What Gubb did was unnecessary . Lisone didn't help the situation too.

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. Konrad Hurrell
3. Blake Ayshford
4. Solomone Kata
5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Tuimoala Lolohea
7. Shaun Johnson

8. Jacob Lillyman
9. Thomas Leuleuai
10. Albert Vete
11. Bodene Thompson
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Simon Mannering

14. Issac Luke
15. Ben Matulino
16. Sam Lisone
17. Charlie Gubb

Was thinking of giving Tui the chance to drive the team behind Leuleuai and alongside Shaun Johnson with upgrading Roger Tuivasa-Sheck to linking into the backline as Brett Stewart does. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck does this already but I'd call him into play making more often to offset Shaun Johnson's reluctance to run through the defensive lines.

I would get Hurrell to start sets as kickers would either get it to Manu, Hurrell or Roger Tuivasa-Sheck.

I would also look to recruit/develop an out and out monster prop.

Also coach some mental resilience and drum home game management such as completed sets without points will turn into points at the back end.

Don't let Shaun Johnson get tackled with the ball on the 5th tackle.

Call your last tackle option so your runners and chasers know what's going on.

Idealism at it's finest.

[QUOTE="BlaqAdam, post: 574133, member: 4614"It's sad that favouritism still plays a part in our team.[/QUOTE]

Always has, always will. Especially bloody sad when your favourite isn't the coach's (or vice versa!)

Halves: Either shift them back to Johnson 7, Robson 6 or one of them out. I know they were both mud last night, but I don't want to go with a completely new halves pairing so one of them goes - Johnson to Intrust Premiership would certainly send a message but I'd go for dumping Robson - TL Master or TL Apprentice to move in.

I don't think Shaun Johnson's "performance" last night had anything to do with it being Manly (as in the team he got injured against) , BTW. And if I was Cappy I wouldn't put up with any "coach, I don't want to play this game, still got mental scars from the last time we played them, eh." crap.

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. LOLOHEA
3. AYSHFORD
4. KATA
5. VATUVEI
6. LEULUAI
7. JOHNSON
8. LILLYMAN
9. LUKE
10. MATULINO
11. THOMPSON
12. HOFFMAN
13. MANNERING

14. TEVAGA
15. GAVET
16. SAO
17. VETE

Robson gone. Gubb gone. Lisone gone.

Sao in. Gavet in. Thompson back. Tevaga back in at 14.

Leuluai to 6 - need some defensive strength there, play essentially the same role as Robson, however betting kicking game and defense, brings leadership too. Johnson back to 7.

Wright drops out for Manu - simple swap there.

Strong prop rotation, with our full strength back row back. Hopefully have Lane pushing for a bench spot.

What i found interesting was that Lauitiiti was named 18th man last night..the big man is getting close to a recall

Status
Not open for further replies.