• Manu Vatuvei - Wing

• Manu Vatuvei - Forward

Results are only viewable after voting.

eric

1st Grade Fringe
May 27, 2015
GC
Long ass post coming up...
I found this comment on the Broncos forum from a user named 'mt smart'. I'm Assuming they're a Warriors fan... Really good post this one, take the time to read.
The part about dragons and manly knowing how to play us is so true and if the other clubs can figure it out, we are royally fucked.

The Warriors had a rude awakening in the preseason Versus the Dragons. What you can extrapolate from that is the Warriors haven't evolved yet.
They always struggle against the Dragons template (Any club wanting to defeat the Warriors should study how Manly and the Dragons play them).
Both of those sides use the same method. They do a Warriors on the Warriors. The Dragons have a twenty + victories vs four Warrior victories for a reason.

The way to stump the Warriors is to play a second phase game...their lazy markers and inability to think past the first tackle sees an offloading game tear them to shreds.

The other way to target them is the way the Dragons and Manly keep the Warriors back pedaling through dummy half running. Both those clubs run their outside backs out of Dummy half at high speed...(this is a Warrior tactic too) and it again catches lazy markers out.

The Warriors when faced with their own template...get frustrated and start making some ridiculous low percentage plays.

The only other Anti Warrior specific ploy in the NRL was invented by the Bronco's.

Target Manu Vatuvei with a team of Gang tacklers.....drive him backwards or towards the side line....Manu will make a high risk offload or lose the ball in the tackle in that scenario more often than not (we saw that tactic employed against Radradra with great effect last night).

The Warriors bank on a roll on through Manu's kick returns, Brisbane are the club (pre Wayne Bennett MkII) that found a way to exploit this known Warrior play book fact, and they were smart enough to ignore conventional wisdom and deliberately Kick to Manu (Kicking away from him is a waste of time, since you will face him tackle one or two regardless).

All that said....I love my team and expect a War.

The Warriors lift for the Broncos and the Melbourne Storm, that's no longer anecdote and legend, that's become NRL fact.

You should expect the best the emergent new look Warriors can throw at the comp come game time.

SJ will try to lift....his ankle will only let him do so much....this isn't nines footy.

If the Warriors can include RTS and Luke in the pre game infectious hype that goes with preparing to face the mighty Broncos club then the NZ side have a shot.

If not....the Bronco's will destroy the Warriors in a cake walk.

Rotang

1st Grade Fringe
Jan 13, 2015
Brisbane
I'm looking forward to Friday. We'll bounce back and show how good the Warriors can be, backs to the wall, nothing to lose! :chicken:

Or we'll get smashed, sulk and cry. :wideyed:

• Haha
Reactions: Defence

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
in somewhat good news - Kahu isn't available for the Broncos this week and Parker has said they won't rush Jack Reed back, therefore he is expecting Alex Glenn will fill in for Kahu at centre against the warriors.

So good news in that a backrower will likely be playing left centre for them (unless they switch sides for some reason). Which should mean there's "less" danger on our right edge (comparatively). Unfortunately, that edge wasn't the one that we got ripped apart last week, and the Broncos right edge contains James Roberts - the 2015 NRL centre of the year...
While he's a brilliant attacker Roberts is actually a terrible defender and has a lot of errors in him.
He's basically a warrior in Broncos clothing.
It will be interesting to see if we look to exploit that.

Jay M

Warriors 1st Grader
While he's a brilliant attacker Roberts is actually a terrible defender and has a lot of errors in him.
He's basically a warrior in Broncos clothing.
It will be interesting to see if we look to exploit that.
completely agree. but whether or not we look to exploit it, and whether or not we can exploit it are two different things... the Broncos defensive structures are pretty good. I think the Eels ran Jennings and Radradra at him last week... and like it or not, those two are probably just as dangerous, if not more so, than Kata and Manu.

I can't remember which sides Milford and Hunt defended on last week... if Milford is defending inside Roberts and Eden - could be some fun to be had there... but based on that, I would assume Bennett has Hunt on Roberts' inside with Milford defending the left...

Reactions: Defence

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Long ass post coming up...
I found this comment on the Broncos forum from a user named 'mt smart'. I'm Assuming they're a Warriors fan... Really good post this one, take the time to read.
The part about dragons and manly knowing how to play us is so true and if the other clubs can figure it out, we are royally fucked.

The Warriors had a rude awakening in the preseason Versus the Dragons. What you can extrapolate from that is the Warriors haven't evolved yet.
They always struggle against the Dragons template (Any club wanting to defeat the Warriors should study how Manly and the Dragons play them).
Both of those sides use the same method. They do a Warriors on the Warriors. The Dragons have a twenty + victories vs four Warrior victories for a reason.

The way to stump the Warriors is to play a second phase game...their lazy markers and inability to think past the first tackle sees an offloading game tear them to shreds.

The other way to target them is the way the Dragons and Manly keep the Warriors back pedaling through dummy half running. Both those clubs run their outside backs out of Dummy half at high speed...(this is a Warrior tactic too) and it again catches lazy markers out.

The Warriors when faced with their own template...get frustrated and start making some ridiculous low percentage plays.

The only other Anti Warrior specific ploy in the NRL was invented by the Bronco's.

Target Manu Vatuvei with a team of Gang tacklers.....drive him backwards or towards the side line....Manu will make a high risk offload or lose the ball in the tackle in that scenario more often than not (we saw that tactic employed against Radradra with great effect last night).

The Warriors bank on a roll on through Manu's kick returns, Brisbane are the club (pre Wayne Bennett MkII) that found a way to exploit this known Warrior play book fact, and they were smart enough to ignore conventional wisdom and deliberately Kick to Manu (Kicking away from him is a waste of time, since you will face him tackle one or two regardless).

All that said....I love my team and expect a War.

The Warriors lift for the Broncos and the Melbourne Storm, that's no longer anecdote and legend, that's become NRL fact.

You should expect the best the emergent new look Warriors can throw at the comp come game time.

SJ will try to lift....his ankle will only let him do so much....this isn't nines footy.

If the Warriors can include RTS and Luke in the pre game infectious hype that goes with preparing to face the mighty Broncos club then the NZ side have a shot.

If not....the Bronco's will destroy the Warriors in a cake walk.
Sup42 . Wassup? The jigs up...

Upcoming Match

Penrith Panthers Campbelltown Stadium Rate Match

Last Game

05 Jun

0.0 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

1. 0.0

Lowest Rated Player

1. 0.0

Compiled from 0 ratings