• Shaun Johnson

• Nathanial Roach

• Manu Vatuvei - Wing

• Manu Vatuvei - Forward

Results are only viewable after voting.

diehard

1st Grade Fringe
Jan 27, 2016
I like that team, but Hurrell had a high tackle on the B team, and may get suspended (again). I'd put Manu on the bench (which is a good enough demotion for me) and put RFM as 18th man.

BlaqAdam

Warriors Bench Player
Mar 5, 2016
Cappys game day team in bold...

View attachment 17158

Interesting Roach wasn't on the radar at all before this last game, but has jumped 55% in the early voting.

James Gavet is the big mover gaining universal approval.

And Blake Ayshford has jumped as well jumping up by 45%..

Manu seems to be getting the bulk of the blame dropping almost 50% on his combined total...
Vete is okay, Lisone's gonna overtake him this season tho. We already got hard runners in gavet and Lisone and working props in Hoffman and Matulino. If anything Gubb and Vete might be fighting for a spot on the bench

Dunedin warrior

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 10, 2014
Same team as last week with Vete for Henry, Matulino can be backrow cover. History tells us that Manu usually follows up a shocker with a blinder, and I thought his errors were a case of trying too hard. Six of the seventeen had their first game for the warriors yesterday and two others were coming back from injury, so it is going to take time for combinations to gel. It's going to take some consistency in selection and some ups and downs before we are going to click.

Mean_Maori_Mean

U20's Player
Sep 20, 2012
Teko coach, still nothing on D. Bring back Cleary. Raft of changes. Robson will play better when our forward pack can cart it up a bit more like they were doing in the second half. Still don't think he is capable of winning us a GF playing a pedestrian role to Johnson. Average signing I said from day 1. Bring hurrell back. He would have had those two tries where Ayshford couldn't cross the chalk.

1. Sheck
2. Ayshford
3. Hurrell
4. Kata
5. Vatuvei
6. Lolohea
7. Johnson
8. Lilyman
9. Luke
10. Matulino
11. Thompson
12. Hoffman
13. Mannering

14. Roache
15. Lisone
16. Gavet
17. Faitala Mariner/Vete

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Changing of the times, this is the most consensus for dropping Manu I can recall. Hard to disagree, he was that dodgy. We will miss the set starting runs but RTS should give a bit more in that area going forward.

If Lillyman dosen't aim up against his fellow QLD reps he's due for the axe as well, he's really the one who should be coming from the bench.

unclesteve

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2013
I am just happy that I was wrong about about Robson. What an inspiring game from the little fella. So good in fact that he goes back to NSW cup to give those young guys some mentoring.

Lolo has in come into the middle, what a waste he is on the wing.
Bodene was by far the best on park yesterday. Gavet took his opportunity with both hands.

1 RTS
2 Kata
3 Lolo
4 Hurrell
5 Ashford
6 SJ
7 Roache
8 Gavet
9 Luke
10 Mutts
11 Thompson
12 Hoffman
13 Mannering

Manu
RFM/Lillyman
Vete
Lisone

With both Lolo and Roache on the park, we dont need another utility on the bench.
Manu I am torn about, love the guy and his run/returns are still full of balls...but hes too slow now.

Edit - Manu is too slow now for a winger. Bench impact forward? Hell yeah, imagine having Manu coming on against a tiring defence, it could be carnage.

Last edited:

kiwi's 13-6

dont think it matters who we pick were not going to win if any combination of Hurrel, Kata & Vatuvei are both playing on one side of the field we would be better just playing with 11 guys on defence & 13 on attack cause the 3 of them Defence is straight garbage!

Reactions: OMG

Off The Bench

1st Grade Fringe
Jan 26, 2014
RTS
Tui
Blake
Hurrel
Allwood
SJ C
Robb
Gavet
Roach
Matalino
Brodene
Hoffman
Mannering

Luke
Vete
Lisone
Lillyman

We will have Sao an gubb available next week so should have
some good competition for forward spots hopefully we see a changingof the guards

henry6606

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 24, 2013
Doesnt matter Who You Play Broncos Will Tose the Warriors Up Big Time Next Week Maybe Use The Game To Get Shit sorted and Get rid Of The Lame Ass Coach.

Reactions: Off The Bench

kiwi's 13-6

The Broncos are going to have a field day you can just imagine wayne bennett's plan to beat us is not going to be rocket science...

henry6606

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 24, 2013
How Can You Get Tose Up Big Time While Also Getting Shit Sorted During The Game? Seems Counter Productive.
Play Players in there right Positions for a Start Kata's a Wing Hurrell Needs to Have a Run and Show Whats He's Got LoloHea's a Bench Player We Dont need Roach on the Bench as Well and put those Props on Notice. The reason a Lot of Players Didnt Fire Yesterday is they Had Buga all Game Time in Trial Matches Dont Make Sense Wests were an Easy Two Points Coach Should have Targeted that Game Big Time Now Got the Premiership Favourites Yeah they'll Play Better But Lose.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ShaunJohnson7

Brother Faisal

1st Grade Fringe
May 9, 2012
Christchurch
Similar team. Kata and Manu won't improve, there both poor communicators so either one needs a communicator inside or outside of them. I would prefer to keep kata and have a new winger but it seems we have allwood if im correct so allwood and manu would be ok unless kata and allwood could work with allwood on the wing.

I would have matulino start, we need better starts and bring gavet on for impact like the kiwis would a taupau. Have roache play minutes in both halves.

The forward rotation still needs tweeking. its obvious when momentum shifts because of the forward pack, i would like to see lisone and vete play more minutes.

Shaun to kick goals again please.

I did notice mannering was more of a captain than hoffman so if manners still wants to lead i think its all good i was interested to see how hoffman went but he didnt show much, abit of a moses and aaron thing going on with manners and hoffman so i got no prob with that.

I think a better start from the forwards and sort out the manu kata edge out asap we might be able to keep it tight against the broncs.

My last concern is the energy out of the play the ball. we need isaac to really push the pace out of dummy half, we're lucky this year we have roache who will be right up his arse if he doesnt pull his weight so im hoping isaac can step up and get those forwards on to the ball abit faster and at the advantage line while testing the markers which hes great at.

One more concern is that we do play alot of predictable one out footy early in our sets its quite obvious that teams compress their line on us alot early in the count, i would expect we could push the edges earlier say in tackle 2 or 3 to keep teams guessing although the link play at the moment is out of touch and the timing isnt there which is what i was hoping they wouldve ironed out already but hopefully this gets sorted soon.

The comeback was a good sign although theres a simple solution which is to start hard and fast and tight on defence we need alot more dominant tackles, are tackles arent sticking like the top clubs do but hopefully we can sort that out.

otherwise im ready for another ride on the rollercoaster. see yous friday.

MrWarrior203

U20's Player
Apr 7, 2014
Only caught highlights of game one but I'll have a go.

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. Solomone Kata
3. Blake Ayshford
4. Tuimoala Lolohea
5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Shaun Johnson
7. Jeff Robson
8. Sam Lisone
9. Nathaniel Roache
10. Ben Matulino
11. Bodene Thompson
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Simon Mannering

14. Isaac Luke
15. Jacob Lillyman
16. James Gavet
17. Konrad Hurrell

tajhay

Hands up if you are a shit coach
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Same team for mine, with Manu left out and Vete taking up his spot in the 17 on the bench. Reshuffle in the backs with Kata and Lolohea the wingers, with Ayshford and Hurrell the centers. Lilliman dropped to the bench with Gavet taking his position. Manu to be banished forever from first grade and his only entry back in via a bench weapon in the forwards. I just dont trust him enough to play as a winger anymore.

Edit - im not saying that Vatuvei is the scapegoat from yesterday's performance, but if after 10 seasons in first grade, and you still cant catch balls on a regular basis without giving everyone heart attacks, you do not belong in first grade. Having him in the team is proving that we are being hypocritical in our selections if we keep ignoring Hurrell for his defensive lapses whilst Manu does the same shit most weeks.