• Shaun Johnson

• Nathanial Roach

• Manu Vatuvei - Wing

• Manu Vatuvei - Forward

Results are only viewable after voting.

smc

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Pretty much unchanged team for me. I don't think changes to the team is going to help much, a kick in the arse this week and warnings that places are on the line this week is what I think is required.
Same kick in the arse for Andy Cap from Sir Jim.
Bodene starts, Gubb comes onto the bench in place of Benry.

OMG

Warriors 1st Grader
May 18, 2012
Churchur
Pretty much unchanged team for me. I don't think changes to the team is going to help much, a kick in the arse this week and warnings that places are on the line this week is what I think is required.
Same kick in the arse for Andy Cap from Sir Jim.
Bodene starts, Gubb comes onto the bench in place of Benry.
Some one on that left needs to go, exact same shit happened to them in the trial, it won't get better and the Broncs have far too much strike power down that side, Gillette and Roberts would murder us.

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
Cappys game day team in bold...

0.PNG

Interesting Roach wasn't on the radar at all before this last game, but has jumped 55% in the early voting.

James Gavet is the big mover gaining universal approval.

And Blake Ayshford has jumped as well jumping up by 45%..

Manu seems to be getting the bulk of the blame dropping almost 50% on his combined total...

smc

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Some one on that left needs to go, exact same shit happened to them in the trial, it won't get better and the Broncs have far too much strike power down that side, Gillette and Roberts would murder us.
I hear ya, the problem as I see it is we need Manu, errors and all, to make the runs for our piss weak pack and all of our other options in center are pretty uninspiring.
Same shit again and Allwood makes my team, possibly pairing with the peoples champ if our pack can make their own meters.

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
To be fair, Allwood and Wright would murder us...;)

Afakasi247

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 5, 2014
I want Manu to be dropped but he won't.
He just won't.

So it's Kata facing the axe I'm afraid:

1. RTS
2. Allwood - didn't go too bad end of last year. Quick and can score. As long as he can hold a tackle and not rush in he'll be fine.
3. Ayshford - didn't mind his performance last week.
4. Lolohea - I'm hoping he can play better than Kata next to Vatuvei. Rate his decisions on defense more than Kata's
5. Vatuvei - a.k.a undroppbale
6. SJ
7. Robbo - poor bloke was run wretched covering for Kata and Vatuvei last night
8. Gavet - earned his spot IMO
9. Luke
10. Vete - Fuck Lillyman and his uninspiring runs man
11. Thompson - was a spark off the bench and played like he never was injured and didn't have a hit out all preseason.
12. Hoffman
13. Mannering

14. Roache - awesome debut. Outperformed Luke, even in his short stint
15. Mautlino - liked him off the bench. Made easy metres against tiring forwards. Need his offload to become the weapon we know it is
16. Lisone - great charges last night and his energy helped spark the team during dire times
17. RFM - comes in to full the void left by Ben- jury. Really could do with another hat trick against proper competition ...

kheenanb

Warriors Bench Player
Mar 22, 2015
1, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2, David Fusitua
3, Konrad Hurrell
4, Solomone Kata
5, Manu Vatuvai
6, Tuimoala Lolohea
7, Shaun Johnson
8, Albert Vete
9, Isaac Luke
10, Ben Matulino
11, Bodene Thompson
12, Ryan Hoffman
13, Simon Mannering

14, Nathaniel Roach
15, Jacob Lilyman
16, Sam Lisone
17, James Gavet

18, Charlie Gubb

Reactions: diehard

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
I don't usually list anything in these threads. Usually to short of time and frustrating after a bad game but here goes.

1. RTS
  2. Lolohea
  3. Ayshford
  4. Hurrell
  5. Wright
  6. Johnson
  7. Robson
  8. Gavet
  9. Luke
  10. Matulino
  11. Thompson
  12. Hoffman (c)
  13. Mannering
  14. Roache
  15. Lisone
  16. Vete
  17. Lillyman
Travelling with the squad as 18th man RFM

The right edge stays as is besides Thompson starting over the injured Henry. The only reason I could see for Thompson being on the bench was due to a lack of match fitness. He seemed to handle the minutes he played so time to start him.

The left edge needs an overhaul. I'm tempted to start Mannering at centre to shore things up before bringing on Hurrell. That would also be to send a message to our new captain that most of the issues are on your side. Look who I'm sending to help. A real travesty this late in his career we need to even consider playing Mannering at centre. The last sentence is probably why I opted for Hurrell even though he is on the opposite side to usual. Time to use the competition in the squad and give Hurrell a chance to prove himself and show the others can get dropped and not just him. I'll play Wright outside him as Vatuvei needs to be dropped, not fussed about his lack of speed more worried about the defensive structure.

The halves stay as is. No point changing after one game. Hopefully the pack gets a better platform to work from.

The front rowers. Gavet stays as a reward for his efforts. I want to make another change he as I wanted happy with our go forward. The choice was bring Vete straight it or Matulino. We need impact off the bench and Matulino went well there but I want to rectify the start and opted for his experience.

The back row. Time to revert back to last years preferred set up.

The bench. Roache stays as a reward, can't blame the rookie. Lisone I like his hard running and footwork at the line. Vete comes in to replace Henry.

By all accounts we are aiming to interchange our middle players so that is what I focused on. A bit concerned about no edge back rower on the bench to cover injuries so we'd need to do some reshuffling with Mannering and Thompson and a few others if a backrower or centre get injured. That concern is why I opted to take RFM as I'd debate doing a swap somewhere before the line up needs to be finalised before kick off.

Reactions: davewjnz and OMG

Mr Frank White

Warriors 1st Grader
May 19, 2012
1. RTS
2. Wright
3. Ayshford
4. Mannering
5. Vatuvei
6. SJ
7. Robson
8. Vete
9. Luke
10. Mutts
11. Hoffman
12. Thompson
13. Gavet

14. Roache
15. RFM
16. Lillyman
17. Lisone

Surefire way to fix that edge. Let Manu come off the wing as Manners can cover.

OMG

Warriors 1st Grader
May 18, 2012
Churchur
1. RTS
2. Wright
3. Ayshford
4. Mannering
5. Vatuvei
6. SJ
7. Robson
8. Vete
9. Luke
10. Mutts
11. Hoffman
12. Thompson
13. Gavet

14. Roache
15. RFM
16. Lillyman
17. Lisone

Surefire way to fix that edge. Let Manu come off the wing as Manners can cover.
No its not, Manners doesn't have the pace, they were beaten for speed all the time, particularly after the line was caught in the middle.
Easier fix is move Manu and play someone that can play position.

FAN

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 17, 2014
Ok, so the way I see it, we have a team list full of good players that Cappy keeps trying to find the right position for them to play in. ( our back line in particular ) Hell i'm no coach, but from what I can see, i'd give this ago. Don't blame me for trying, it's just my opinion.

# 1 RTS ( this is HIS spot and should be kept there )
# 2 I'd put Kata in here, ( because he can score a try and he won't pass the bam ball to anyone so this is the spot for him.
# 3 Lolohea ( needs to come in one and have the ball in hand more ) Plus HE WILL pass the dam ball.
# 4 KH ( The guy has poor defence and can't seem to read a play, but this is his best position ) And he will crash the line and score
# 5 Wright/Ayshford ( Manu has had his day on the wing ) BUT of course Cappy hasn't got the balls to drop him to NSW Cup.
# 6 This will upset a few of you ( Roache ) Yep you read that right. Watch this kid become a super star of the game IMO ( waisted at 9 while we have Luke )
# 7 SJ I like the fact they put the number 6 on his back, but I feel he really wants to play at 7. He was still feeding the scrum, and kicking so a number 6 or 7 makes sense.

# 8 Gavet ( played his guts out, should start )
# 9 Luke, ( ROBO on the bench in his spot ) Luke was a real let down for me yesterday, a few KGs overweight and just looked like he didn't want to be there.
# 10 Matulino
# 11 Thompson
# 12 Hoffman ( C )
# 13 mannering

# 14 Robo ( until Luke gets fit and gets a few KGs off his bum he ain't 80 mins ) However he can alway swap with Roache should that work better when Luke comes off )
# 15 Lisone
# 16 Vette
# 17 Lillyman
# 18 Gubb

So what to do with our beloved Manu you ask.........At this stage NSW Cup
So what happens to Ayshford if Wright is picked.........Not saying he can't make the team, but want to see the line up above first so NSW Cup for now. ( KH would have crossed the line yesterday TWICE )

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Centurion

facefacts

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 26, 2012
1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. Tuimoala Lolohea
3. Blake Ayshford
4. Solomone Kata
5. Jonathan Wright
6. Shaun Johnson
7. Jeff Robson
8. Albert Vete
9. Isaac Luke
10. Ben Matulino
11. Bodene Thompson
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Simon Mannering

14. Nathaniel Roache
15. James Gavet
16. Sam Lisone
17. Jacob Lillyman
I would say that is the best team we can put on the park.

Although i still maintain Vatuvei as an impact forward would be amazing...that ball he gave to Kata was beautiful, but it came from him playing on the inside, drawing defenders and then feeding it to his outside men.

Take away all the things he struggles with as a winger, which result in extra and seriously unneeded pressure on his team, and play him in the middle where all he has to do is the very things he's great at...running hard and straight and smashing anyone that runs straight at him.

It would not only be great for the team, but i'm betting it would also lift a huge weight off Vatuvei's shoulders.

OMG

Warriors 1st Grader
May 18, 2012
Churchur
In the light of a new day, sober and having just watched the replay, the team Im sort of expecting but not that confident in the whole left being dropped.

1.RTS
2. Tui
3.Bloke
4.All-Wood
5.Jono
6.Princess
7.Robo
8.Mutts
9.Bully
10.Jimi
11.Bro
12.Huffy
13.Bad Manners
14. Nate Dazzle
15. Big Albie
16. Slam
17. Bull

Reactions: Jay M and Centurion

InsideBall

Warriors 1st Grader
Oct 24, 2012
I would say that is the best team we can put on the park.

Although i still maintain Vatuvei as an impact forward would be amazing...that ball he gave to Kata was beautiful, but it came from him playing on the inside, drawing defenders and then feeding it to his outside men.

Take away all the things he struggles with as a winger, which result in extra and seriously unneeded pressure on his team, and play him in the middle where all he has to do is the very things he's great at...running hard and straight and smashing anyone that runs straight at him.

It would not only be great for the team, but i'm betting it would also lift a huge weight off Vatuvei's shoulders.
Yeah. I honestly can't disagree with that. Manu gives his absolute all, no question about that - you never see him shirk his duty. But, the problem is, he can't defend plays, he still gives all warriors fans mini heart attacks when he's under the high ball, and his edge is always a target for oppositions.

I don't actually see any downsides to him playing the impact forward role. He's got the stamina, he's got the aggression, he's got the impact...

Tezza91

Warriors Bench Player
Aug 4, 2013
1. Tuivasa-Sheck.
2. Lolohea.
3. Ayshford.- Give him and Lolo a chance to get sorted. Hurrell had FOUR YEARS to get his shit together, now that he's had a good off season (apparently the whole team did), the way some are going on we would have won. "Hurrell would of scored" coulda woulda shoulda.
4. Kata.- Just because we will need some strike on that left. I'm expecting the Broncos to go straight after him though.
5. Wright.- Manu needs to be made an example of and I'm not talking 1 game either.
6. Johnson.
7. Robson.- Again, patience.

8. Gavet.
9. Luke.- Disappointing, hopefully comes good.
10. Lillyman.
11. Hoffman.
12. Thompson.
13. Mannering.

14. Roche.- I like him.
15. Matulino.
16. Vete.
17. Lisone. Comes on for Thompson. Mannering moves out wide.

I know I half covered it but, the way some go on about Hurrell it's no wonder he doesn't change his attitude. Why would he, "they'll take me back, they need me" I'm no mind reader but come on. He's had FOUR YEARS, he can fucking wait. And if he don't like it, tough. Go be a labourer (not that there's anything wrong with that).

There is only one untouchable/irreplaceable player at the Warriors, and that mans initials are SJ.

Reactions: OMG

Stone

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Auckland
1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. Tuimoala Lolohea
3. Konrad Hurrell
4. Blake Ayshford
5. Solomone Kata
6. Shaun Johnson
7. Jeff Robson
8. Albert Vete
9. Issac Luke
10. Sam Lisone
11. Bodene Thompson
12. Ryan Hoffman (C)
13. Simon Mannering

14. Nathaniel Roache
15. Ben Matulino
16. James Gavet
17. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
18. Manu Vatuvei

I've gone with an experimental lineup here, with the obvious casualties being Vatuvei & Jacob Lillyman

From my perspective a bold statement needs to be made to the squad after yesterdays first half shambles, hence the dropping of two senior pro's (1 forward 1 back) who simply did not perform anywhere near the accepted standard required of them yesterday

I would recall Hurrell & pair him up on the right edge with Lolohea to see if they can build a combination similar to what Hurrell had going on with Glen Fisiiahi, (The Rapier & The Hammer sort of thing) Tui's pace & ability to cover in defence also allows Hurrell a slight bit of leeway in this area, it could also be an absolutely devastating combo on attack as well, with Hurrell using his obvious threats to attract edge defenders, therefore freeing up more space for a flying Lolohea

I moved Ayshford to left center because something has to be done about the left side defence, you simply can't just keep trotting out the same horses & expect a different result, ultimately I would like to see how an Ayshford-Vatuvei combination goes on that edge, but Kata retains his spot in the squad on the wing ATM simply because I believe dropping Vatuvei at this stage sends a much stronger message to the squad (it won't happen I know, but if Cappy persists with with the Kata-Vatuvei combination he is basically inviting every single team in the comp to attack us carte blanche down that left edge, which they most certainly will)

I would have Vete & Lisone as our starting props at this stage, these two lads did the job for us more than adequately early last season & I see no reason why they could not repeat it, at this stage Matulino & Gavet off the bench to add some real impact by running rampant against tiring opposition forwards, Lillyman back to NSW Cup (again sends a strong message) too see if he can remember how to play like a dominant prop at club level, he didn't actually play that bad yesterday, but when you look at how he performs in Origin & then some of the mediocre efforts he flops out for the Warriors, it just seems like he's going through the motions, the same could be said for Hoffman, but you can't drop the new skip ... yet lol

Roache retains his spot as hooker & halves cover & RFM comes in as the bench edge forward

Last edited: