10. Matulino
11. Hoffman
12. Thompson
13. Mannering

14. Lilyman
15. Wright
16. Lisone
17. Poching

After Vatuveis efforts agains the tigers, i still think he should play purely on the fact that he's experienced. He'l trust his inside more if Kata isn't there.
Basically saying that Manu should play because of his experience and on top of that you have playing an position that he has never played before and make decisions on when to jam and slide on Defense he can't even do that on the wing let alone the hardest position to defend at in the game at centre. Like many have said already he needs to be held accountable for his shitty performances which have been more frequent over the last 18 months.

I like Manu like the next guy but judging by this game and an his games before he got hurt he needs to be dropped how many more times is he gonna stand there and watch his winger run right by him. He offers nothing at wing anymore his defensive liabilitys outweigh his attacking advantages at this stage of his career.

He needs to be moved either into the backrow or the bench as an impact forward

BlaqAdam

Warriors Bench Player
Mar 5, 2016
Basically saying that Manu should play because of his experience and on top of that you have playing an position that he has never played before and make decisions on when to jam and slide on Defense he can't even do that on the wing let alone the hardest position to defend at in the game at centre. Like many have said already he needs to be held accountable for his shitty performances which have been more frequent over the last 18 months.

I like Manu like the next guy but judging by this game and an his games before he got hurt he needs to be dropped how many more times is he gonna stand there and watch his winger run right by him. He offers nothing at wing anymore his defensive liabilitys outweigh his attacking advantages at this stage of his career.

He needs to be moved either into the backrow or the bench as an impact forward
EDIT: Vatuvei for Ayshford lol, just noticed my typo. You do have a good point seeing as he's a liability on defence as well as he isn't as quick as he used to be. I feel like he'd be more effective with a better centre for a start. He let in one of those tries because he couldn't trust Kata, Manu shouldn't get the blame for that. Yes he does need to learn how to catch and he should've ran harder at Nofo to score in the corner, but he is usually good under a high ball. Obviously not this time round, Ken M got the chop a few weeks ago in Whangarei for his poor defence and lack of catching. But that's what subs are for, he knows he played mud its important he stays positive and moves on from his mistakes. He ran hard and showed some courage up the middle (when ball was secure). You need some of these vets to lead by example and show these younger players how to better themselves. Obviously Vatuvei is past his prime, but lets hope his game IQ is as worthy as his starting spot.

Jordan G

I would actually be mildly and morbidly interested to see Manu have a go at centre (the start of the season is not the time for it though). Put someone either side of him who can actually communicate and they can just ping pong the big lug into position.

Reactions: OMG

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
I would actually be mildly and morbidly interested to see Manu have a go at centre (the start of the season is not the time for it though). Put someone either side of him who can actually communicate and they can just ping pong the big lug into position.
one could argue Kata is a mini-Manu and look how that's turning out...

honestly its time for a real change in our roster and it starts with dropping Manu.

Alexthewormking

Warriors Bench Player
Mar 5, 2016
1. RTS
2. Lolohea
3. Ayshford
4. Hurrell
5. Wright
6. Johnson
7. Robson
8. Vete
9. Luke
10. Matulino
11. Thompson
12. Hoffman
13. Mannering

14. Lilyman
15. Lisone
16. Gavet
17. Vatuvei (He's not up to wing anymore so give him a shot at Impact forward off the bench)

Reactions: Woofa and shuffle

shuffle

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
1. RTS
2. Lolohea
3. Ayshford
4. Hurrell
5. Wright
6. Johnson
7. Robson
8. Vete
9. Luke
10. Matulino
11. Thompson
12. Hoffman
13. Mannering

14. Lilyman
15. Lisone
16. Gavet
17. Vatuvei (He's not up to wing anymore so give him a shot at Impact forward off the bench)
This team looks good especially if you need to compensate hooker if Luke needs a rest moving Lolohea to the halves and Robson to Hooker and Many to the wing if needed. Not too many disruptions.

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
Edge defense is still our no1 problem IMO. If we can stop teams scoring down our edges we can win. I'm at the point where I'd pick Wright at center, Allwood on the wing, just to see what happens.. An all Aussie left edge, when you factor in Robo and the Hoff. Maybe they can hold the line.

They sure as will understand each other out there... And that's got to count for something.

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
Hay mods. Created a poll for the round two team thread...

Left off Henry, Sao, TL, Wells, Lino.

Brought back Gubb.

Added two options for Manu for Wing or Forward.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Will be annoyed if kata starts at centre again, 2 tries, but they trying to coach him defence on the run, on the field, he still dosent know what he's doing. Think the word is out among the other teams, they always wanted to go to their right and target him and Manu. That just looks a combo that might score 25 tries this year but let in 40.

Put him on the wing if they need his attack that bad.

Otherwise these are the players we have, Vete in for Henry and Use Lisone as backrow cover.

Jay M

Warriors 1st Grader
I think some hard calls need to be made. Unfortunately they won't be. This is what I'd do:

RTS - not his greatest day at fullback last night, but first full game in warriors colours. Will get better.
Kata/Wright - I'm torn on this one. Manu for me needs to be dropped for a couple of weeks to re-find his game and prove himself in NSW Cup. I'd have Wells here except he's injured. I don't want to see Wright in first grade. But what is Kata's head space like?
Ayshford - was the best in our three-quarter line last night. Deserves a shot. Would move him to the left.
Hurrell - has to come in. Possibly won't get picked, but bring him back on that right edge. With Bodene, SJ, and Lolohea around him - I think his defence will be up to it.
Lolohea - didn't do a lot, but keeps his spot.
Johnson (numbers mean nothing - he's still playing right half, but I want him playing dominant half on the left too)
If Leuluai was fit, I'd actually slot him straight in. Robson was attrocious. Game 1 and all that but he did some dumb shit. As I believe TL is still injured - Robson will get another go, and maybe deserves it because of his showing in the nines. but he was horrible last night. Dead set horrible.
Lillyman - but make it clear to him that if he plays like last night, he's playing NSW Cup for a couple of weeks.
Luke - seemed short of fitness. Reality is, with Leuluai out injured, we can't realistically start Roache yet. More game time should help him (I hope).
Gavet - did his job last night and will do it again.
Thompson (right edge) - no explanation will be given why I'm picking him.
Mannering (left edge) - yes, I'm moving him out of the middle. Sorry Manners - you're babysitting an edge again.
Lisone - wondering if he's too small to play prop. But his aggression and defence can help in the middle of the field, plus give us another metre-eater.

Bench:
Roache - deserves another shot, and we need a utility.
Matulino - did his job last night
Vete - bring him back. Matulino and Vete together off the bench should provide the metres we need off the bench.
RFM - to spell Lisone at lock. RFM had a good pre-season and Lisone can't play 80 in the middle. My only question mark is whether or not his defence is up to first-grade standard. But can't be worse than last night.

So the players I'd drop after last night would be Hoffman, and Manu. With Robson given a reprieve due to injury.

Reality is, both Hoffman and Manu will be named this week. As good a player as Hoffman is... as much as he's our captain, I just don't know if we're using him the right way, or if we have the capability to use him the right way.

Vancent

😎
Contributor
Sep 10, 2012
I may need to watch it again but gee we go hard on Kata when his errors are not close to the worst in the team and his efforts on attack are strong. Bizarre.

I certainly wouldn't be changing Robson after one game where we were playing catch up either, wouldn't that make us the panic merchants were accusing the Coaches of being?!

Benrys selection was an atrocious decision and is a real insight into why Cappy needs to go. If it was Morgan's call then Cappy should have overridden it and they can both fuck off. Dumb shit, he should have come back in NSW Cup.

RFM next in line and well deserved. Shouldn't be penalised for getting 3x tries in a trial. He replaces Bodene on the bench and Bo starts for Henry.

Lillyman dropped for Vete immediately. Gavet starts every week, Vete with him, Mutts prefers to run on later and is strong finishing the half which is often a problem for us.

Ayshford and LoLo left alone, for one game they had real promise. LoLo needs to get more involved no more holidays.

Manu should be given a warning but retained. Either Hurrell or Kata paired with Manu, I'd retain Kata for another week, he's always busy.

So I think that results in;

1. RTS
2. LoLo
3. Ayshford
4. Kata
5. Vatuvei
6. Sj
7. Robson
8. Gavet
9. Luke
10. Vete
11. Bo Tho
12. Hoffman
13. Mannering

14. Roach
15. Matulino
16. Lisone
17. RFM

surfin

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Coromandel
Manu was arse biscuits, there is no doubt, but it seems to happen when virtually everyone else is also pathetic and he overplays everything trying to drag the rabble up. In his defence he often comes out the following week and is unstoppable, so I'm OK with one more week, just. Pretty much agree with Vancent re team, but would maybe give Konnie a spot, after all he's been training the house down.:p

Vancent

😎
Contributor
Sep 10, 2012
Manu was arse biscuits, there is no doubt, but it seems to happen when virtually everyone else is also pathetic and he overplays everything trying to drag the rabble up. In his defence he often comes out the following week and is unstoppable, so I'm OK with one more week, just. Pretty much agree with Vancent re team, but would maybe give Konnie a spot, after all he's been training the house down.:p
Yes just saw jonno jonno's analysis on another thread with pics and if we were going to force Hurrell in it should be for Kata. I may have been too defensive of him and focussed on his attack only. So Hurrell for Kata is a chance I'd take.

ryno

1st Grade Fringe
May 8, 2012
Ok ill try and come up with a team that can play more than 40 mins

Coach - Ivan Cleary

01 RTS
02 Lolohea
03 Hurrell
04 Ayshford
05 Kata
06 Princess
07 Robinson
08 Bodene
09 Luke
10 Mautilino
11 Hoffman
12 Lillyman
13 Mannering

14 Vete (he was our best new forward last year for a reason)
15 Gavet
16 Lisone
17 Roach
18 Manu
Who are we going to bomb to?