General Pick Your Team 2016 Rnd 19 - Manly vs Warriors

ryno

ryno

So no timezone excuses this aye. Is it still hot ASF in Perth???

Quite mild actually! No excuses!

Upload 2016 7 11 15 28 21

Jay M

Jay M

So no timezone excuses this aye. Is it still hot ASF in Perth???

my sister in Perth was complaining the other week because it was hotter in NZ than it was there...

Forecast for Saturday - looks pretty manageable to me (bearing in mind forecasts are subject to change and are often notoriously inaccurate)

Upload 2016 7 11 15 39 14

Stone

Stone

Shit it seems a bit harsh that he got fined $10K...
Even though I don't agree with it I can kinda understand the fine cos Walker is one Manly's top players & must be on good coin & this self inflicted act has put him out for a month, which hurts Manly both on & off the field

What I really struggle to understand is that in another article I read on this it said that Manly have notified the NRL integrity unit about the incident

Really o_O ??? ... is this the kind of incident the integrity unit even needs to be advised on ???

So if they actually started a formal investigation WTF would they even investigate ???

Did the door provoke him or was it an unprovoked blatant assault on an inanimate object lol ???

PC bullshit gone insane strikes again :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Blain

Blain

Great, so 0 excuses. Expecting a big bench named for the trip, hopefully including Gavet, Sipley and Tevaga. If Ata is there, you'd have to assume Shaun Johnson was still caring his injury.

Really hope Snake gets his Fullback spot back, and pushes Tom Turbo to the wing..

eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
What I really struggle to understand is that in another article I read on this it said that Manly have notified the NRL integrity unit about the incident

Probably investigating whether it was actually a door he punched. Did the warriors even fine their guys for bringing the club into disrepute? (kinda)

Trugoy

Trugoy

Probably investigating whether it was actually a door he punched. Did the warriors even fine their guys for bringing the club into disrepute? (kinda)
Or because dude nearly killed himself with painkillers in the off season.

Reactions: 1 users

MrWarrior203

Warriors

1. David Fusitua
2. Ken Maumalo
3. Blake Ayshford
4. Solomone Kata
5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Thomas Leuluai
7. Shaun Johnson
8. Jacob Lillyman
9. Issac Luke
10. Albert Vete
11. Bodene Thompson
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Simon Mannering

14. Tuimoala Lolohea
15. Sam Lisone
16. Ben Matulino
17. Charlie Gubb
18. Bunty Afoa

Tui on the bench to cover for backs injury but more importantly to have a run at 6 after halftime or something was keen to put Leuluai on the bench but his defence is too strong especially for the first half Ata to play Cup for now but we need nrl game time for both Ata and Tui at 6 as we only have 8 regular games left then finals hopefully

diehard

Warriors

1. David Fusitua
2. Ken Maumalo
3. Blake Ayshford
4. Solomone Kata
5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Thomas Leuluai
7. Shaun Johnson
8. Jacob Lillyman
9. Issac Luke
10. Albert Vete
11. Bodene Thompson
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Simon Mannering

14. Tuimoala Lolohea
15. Sam Lisone
16. Ben Matulino
17. Charlie Gubb
18. Bunty Afoa

Tui on the bench to cover for backs injury but more importantly to have a run at 6 after halftime or something was keen to put Leuluai on the bench but his defence is too strong especially for the first half Ata to play Cup for now but we need nrl game time for both Ata and Tui at 6 as we only have 8 regular games left then finals hopefully
I think that WILL BE the line-up, but I'd rather Lolo and Manu switch positions, and Gavet to get a run on the bench instead of Gubb. Gavet has played well, and deserves it.

6 Again

Brett Stewart out for the rest of the season with his knee so won't be lining up against us in Perth.

We should be able to beat this Manly side, yeah they were good last week again after the Cowboy's game but the Dragons were fuck'n horrible.

Last edited:

up the guts

Boyz are arriving on Thursday at 5PM local time. Seemed like they would have done better arriving a few days earlier.
This is why this club is f..kin retarded ... get them over there tues ... chill for 36 hours ... then train the house down .. Isn't it a seven hour flight to perth from auckland .Sorry jim but this is very poor admin

OMG

OMG

This is why this club is f..kin retarded ... get them over there tues ... chill for 36 hours ... then train the house down .. Isn't it a seven hour flight to perth from auckland .Sorry jim but this is very poor admin

5hr flight on a good run, if you take off at 2pm you land just after 3pm, 4pm at the latest, customs is pretty good here and you get through in about 20mins, its only when you do it at night you tend to suffer from lag, Ive had to do the trip far too often this year.
Going home I prefer to redeye it to avoid the lag.
Thursday is heaps of time to adjust.

Reactions: 1 users

up the guts

5hr flight on a good run, if you take off at 2pm you land just after 3pm, 4pm at the latest, customs is pretty good here and you get through in about 20mins, its only when you do it at night you tend to suffer from lag, Ive had to do the trip far too often this year.
Going home I prefer to redeye it to avoid the lag.
Thursday is heaps of time to adjust.
Im guessing your fifo ... working 80 hours weeks with those safety first clowns and playing 80 intense minutes of nrl are in different vocabularies

Dunedin warrior

No Matai, Stewart or Walker and williame suspended, that Manly backline is going to be very depleted. Feeling a but more confident. After Roger Tuivasa-Sheck's injury we on the other hand have had a good run (touch wood)

up the guts

No Matai, Stewart or Walker and williame suspended, that Manly backline is going to be very depleted. Feeling a but more confident. After Roger Tuivasa-Sheck's injury we on the other hand have had a good run (touch wood)
If we dont flog them and get our for and against in the pos the whole 2 week break will have been wasted... even without Roger Tuivasa-Sheck This squad has the potential to really have rival teams looking over shoulders 20+ Nothing less

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
If we dont flog them and get our for and against in the pos the whole 2 week break will have been wasted... even without Roger Tuivasa-Sheck This squad has the potential to really have rival teams looking over shoulders 20+ Nothing less
Pretty sure thats what most thought when they pulled our pants down at Mt Smart in Round 6 without DCE. Im worried about this game. Manly seem to have the wood on us. Since we lost the Grand Final in 2011 we have only won 1 of the previous 7 encounters. The last 20 games we have only won 4. Perth isnt the only hoodoo we have to overcome this Saturday...

Reactions: 2 users

Jordan G

Normally Stewart mising would be a good thing, but the 2016 version of Manly is far more dangerous without him.