General Pick Your Team 2016 Rnd 15 - Warriors vs Roosters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan G

Nate Myles just pulled up injured in the Manly game. You'd have to think that if he's unavailable for Origin then Lillyman is next cab off the rank.

Could be another forced change for us.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
OMG

OMG

Personally my knives are away until there is no doubt we wont make the top 8. For me thats enough of an improvement based on the shit we have put up since 2011. I CBF discussing the guy as its absolutely pointless when the options are slim to zero of having him replaced. I'll save myself the unnecessary stress and go with the flow.

God help this club if we dont make the finals and Cappy isnt fired though...
Fuck that Bro, the Knives are out of his back and they gave the fucker a labotomy with them ages ago.

I really can't see us beating any of the 3 behind us unless Shaun Johnson consumes them with fireballs from his Eyes and bolts of lightning from Arse.

Yea Bro we are fucked, my optimism levels are completely drained and I'm on the verge of putting the Warriors gear in Storage, while I'm there I might dust off the old Schoolboy Colours(Purple and White) because they are fucking awesome at the moment.

FAN

FAN

Fuck that Bro, the Knives are out of his back and they gave the fucker a labotomy with them ages ago.

I really can't see us beating any of the 3 behind us unless Shaun Johnson consumes them with fireballs from his Eyes and bolts of lightning from Arse.

Yea Bro we are fucked, my optimism levels are completely drained and I'm on the verge of putting the Warriors gear in Storage, while I'm there I might dust off the old Schoolboy Colours(Purple and White) because they are fucking awesome at the moment.

Ha ha, I feel your pain OMG. But to be fair, we have had two good wins, regardless of why, or when in the comp. We have got 4 points because of it, and we are now in the 8. Very very early day's, but to be fair, we must all stay cool and just see what unfolds in the coming rounds.

If we went down to the bottom of the table Knights, I could understand more of what your saying. Also, i'm not saying what you have said won't unfold, But we have to start looking at the glass being half full, not half empty.

EDIT. Sorry my BAD we were in the 8 lol, Yesterday !! God dam it.

Second EDIT. Just re checked that, we are still in the 8 ?? WTF lol, must have brought up the wrong ladder.

OMG

OMG

Ha ha, I feel your pain OMG. But to be fair, we have had two good wins, regardless of why, or when in the comp. We have got 4 points because of it, and we are now in the 8. Very very early day's, but to be fair, we must all stay cool and just see what unfolds in the coming rounds.

If we went down to the bottom of the table Knights, I could understand more of what your saying. Also, i'm not saying what you have said won't unfold, But we have to start looking at the glass being half full, not half empty.

Half full, Rorters are a shit team we will beat them because the Storm just hammered the them,
Half Empty, The Rorters are a shit team but only lost by 4 more with an injury depleted team than us.

Rorters will be dangerous as, we will be lucky if Pierce is still out.

• Haha
Iafetas Kickstand Wang

Iafetas Kickstand Wang

Same team. As for the calls for Topafoa Sipley for Charlie Gubb, I watched a bit of Topa in Reserve Grade... one thing he needs to work on, which will get caught out in first grade if he doesn't, is getting back to his feet and to marker quicker. He tries to over wrestle to compensate to give himself time to wriggle back to a square position, but he can also just flat out be missing from being square. Even the one last week where he got a one on one strip, he was 2 metres from being square at marker. Great talent, but a little work on he has to fix.

Gubb I thought did his part. He wasn't ankle biting, and he gave options for the likes of Lisone to play to.

Reactions: 4 users
Iafetas Kickstand Wang

Iafetas Kickstand Wang

Fact is we are winning.

I dont like Cappy but Im not blind enough to let my biasedness get in the way of results.

I'll wait until that changes before criticising the man or his selections...

Agreed. Hard to know whether its us getting our yearlies again, or whether its him agreeing with the squad to free up the shackles a little bit to play more what they see. The risk is if its the latter changing it is likely to mean a coach coming in to try to put the same formulaic style in that the other 15 teams play.

phil.kingston

Allwood for Manu
Gavet for Lillyman (If Lillyman is picked for origin)
Sipley (or Gavet if Lillyman isnt picked for Origin) for Gubb

Reactions: 1 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
Do you mean Allwood at centre and Kata on the wing? I would go with that.
Just re checked that, we are still in the 8 ?? WTF lol, must have brought up the wrong ladder.
We are ninth, 8th if you count the Eels points loss, but if the Dargons beat the Dogs we are 10th.

Cappy must be feeling more secure than Trent Barrett, he was fair having a mental breakdown in the box today.

phil.kingston

Do you mean Allwood at centre and Kata on the wing? I would go with that.
And when Manu is back? you'll move him to centres again? So instead of 1 change we make 2 changes with no significant upside!!
Does Allwood offer anything more at centers than on wing? And with Manu not playing do we mind if Kata doesnt pass to his winger? You wanna experiment with Kata under the highball at this stage of the season?

Allwood offers a little bit more than Wright...and after 2 wins the last thing we need is for a new debutant coming into the side...so for me thats an automatic pick

Horriors2013

Horriors2013

I'd give Maumalo a go. Good chance to see if he can fill Manu's boots. Or else, Allwood deserves a go.The rest of the team can remain.

bruce

bruce

Contributor
And when Manu is back? you'll move him to centres again? So instead of 1 change we make 2 changes with no significant upside!!
Does Allwood offer anything more at centers than on wing? And with Manu not playing do we mind if Kata doesnt pass to his winger? You wanna experiment with Kata under the highball at this stage of the season?

Allwood offers a little bit more than Wright...and after 2 wins the last thing we need is for a new debutant coming into the side...so for me thats an automatic pick
I was meaning that Allwood might be a more intelligent centre than Kata, who is raw power. Allwood could feed him where as kata won't feed Allwood. Manu might not be back anyway, hamstrings are difficult things.

K1W1 WARR1OR

K1W1 WARR1OR

No changes unless injury forces them to be made stick with a winning formula it's that simple

If Manu is out please not let's pick wright I'm guessing he is gone end of the year so let's play others that will be here give someone like maumalo or wells a run and see how they go

Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

Wells or Maumalo on the wing if Manu's out.
I'm still struggling to see what Gubb brings. Don't not like the guy but he just doesn't look like a first grader to me.
I'd actually like to see Lane given a bench spot. Seems to be going ok in reserves and he brings something a little different. That try he scored yesterday was pretty special.
In saying that, happy if same team announced as its a winning one at the moment.

I haven't seen Lane play his size in a dominant way yet but would love to see it.

Reactions: 2 users
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
I haven't seen Lane play his size in a dominant way yet but would love to see it.
Yesterday they gave him the ball and 15 (i think) out from the try line and he walked through 2-3 players to touch down. Made it look easy, but was forced to reach out to touch down but what a reach.

In saying that i havent seen enough Intrust cup to really know if hes any good. but i did see that one and he made it look so easy

Reactions: 3 users
Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

I think we need to step back and think about the selections a bit. The selections should be based on defensive ability and experience.

Fullback stays with Tui, Fusitua is stretching defensive lines on the wing as opposition can't jam in. Both good young players, players want Tui in the halves, fair enough, he is still in the spine at fullback.

Best defensive winger to replace Manu, that is Allwood for me, Wright will do the job as well, probably won't be passed the ball anyway by Kata.

As far as the halves, the two best performances this year were against Bulldogs and Broncos, halves with Shaun Johnson were Robson and TL. Picking on defensive ability TL is the man. Jones and Cappy will be having conversations about Hingano and Lino, do they think Hingano is ready.? We have seen too many times the leap between NYC and ISP. That

The bench stays the same for the same rationale. This is without even mentioning salary cap concerns.

If they keep stepping up their defensive performances they will go well. That is the key.

Jay M

Jay M

Yesterday they gave him the ball and 15 (i think) out from the try line and he walked through 2-3 players to touch down. Made it look easy, but was forced to reach out to touch down but what a reach.

In saying that i havent seen enough Intrust cup to really know if hes any good. but i did see that one and he made it look so easy

Conversely at the other end of the field, someone ran through a poor attempted jersey grab from Lane to score... His size is a POD, but his defence is weak atm.

Reactions: 3 users
ryno

ryno

Worried about the Roosters forward pack, would like to see some more mongrel in the pack.

1. Lolohea
2. Fusitua
3. Ayshford
4. Kata
5. Allwood
6. TL
7. Johnson
8. Vete
9. Luke
10. Gavet
11. Thompson
12. Hoffman
13. Mannering

Bench
Lillyman / Sipley
Matulino
Tevaga
Lisone

Does anyone else think that having both Hoffman and Mannering in the team is a bit pointless?

I would much rather have a bigger body at 13 like a Matulino or Lisone and then someone that can offload at 12.

Last edited:
Trugoy

Trugoy

Worried about the Roosters forward pack, would like to see some more mongrel in the pack.

1. Lolohea
2. Allwood
3. Kata
4. Ayshford
5. Vatuvei
6. TL
7. Johnson
8. Vete
9. Luke
10. Gavet
11. Thompson
12. Hoffman
13. Mannering

Bench
Lillyman / Sipley
Matulino
Tevaga
Lisone

Does anyone else think that having both Hoffman and Mannering in the team is a bit pointless?

I would much rather have a bigger body at 13 like a Matulino or Lisone and then someone that can offload at 12.

Drop Fusitua for Allwood??

diehard

Wells is very unlucky, he is one smart player with a great work ethic, the places he shows up in is what we have been asking for since 02, I think he's a bit more talented than Ivan but his positioning is first class, he like Blake where they put themselves in positions that make other people look good and support play that is unreal.
Deserves a shot.
Wouldn't Stacey turn to Cappy and say, "Wells is ready." And Cappy goes, "cool, I'll start him." Isn't that how it works? Same with Ata.

Status
Not open for further replies.