Pick your team for the Broncos match (17 selections)

• Tuimoala Lolohea

• Manu Vatuvei - Wing

• Jonathan Wright

• Matt Allwood

• David Fusitua

• Ken Maumalo

• Solomone Kata

• Blake Ayshford

• Konrad Hurrell

• Shaun Johnson

• Jeff Robson

• Thomas Leuluai

• Ben Matulino

• Jacob Lillyman

• Sam Lisone

• James Gavet

• Albert Vete

• Charlie Gubb

• Issac Luke

• Jazz Tevega

• Ryan Hoffman

• Simon Mannering

• Shaun Lane

• Toafofoa Sipley

• John Palavi

• Upu Poching

• Bodene Thompson

• Manu Vatuvei - Forwards

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now is the to time for someone to be bought in and review the direction the team is going to take and what it should look like.

Is Tui the long term future for the 6?

If so where does Ata fit in?

Thinking we can keep him as depth highlights an issue IMO and I think we lose him.

Sipley did enough on debut to keep on the bench, developing in Reserve grade isn't working IMO the guys just aren't playing at the required levels or learning enough.

You're either 1st grade quality or not, there is no inbetween IMO.

The Warriors made such a big deal with 'Leader' Hoffman taking over the captaincy, was this loser a pack leader at the storm? ever? nah he fucken shopped himself and only the warriors thought he was value! we could have someone similar for less than half. Seriously what sort of leadership is he giving us? what does he say behind the posts? does he ever hit it up off the ruck? or make the first hit up? I see lots of schoolboy errors from him? I see someone taking a pension, I see someone causing division in the team! drop him from captaincy at least! surely he has to cop some blame.

Reactions: 1 users
13 S Mannering
12 R Hoffman
11 B Thompson
10 J Gavet
9 T Leuluai
8 A Vete
7 S Johnson
6 T Lolohea
5 M Vatuvei
4 S Kata
3 B Ayshford
2 M Allwood
D Fusitua

14 J Tevaga
15 T Sipley
16 L Sao
17 S Lane

I think give Luke a few weeks off playing but get him training hard try and get his fitness and mind right
Leuluai at hooker for the time being great front on defence and hooker is his best position imo
Time for a wake up call for Matulino and Lillyman, drop them for a few weeks not only one, make them prove they want to be there
Lolohea at 6, with his creativity might take some pressure off Johnson and Fusitua has looked impressive at the back
Sao, Lane and Sipley to stake their claims and try to impress

tajhay

🏉
Im just not sold on Lolohea in the halves as some others, especially people wanting him to be put in at 7 instead of Johnson. Lolohea has pretty much a non existant kicking game, and isnt much of a distributor. What he is good at is taking the line on and trying to work through the gaps. He has great footwork and can be a thread with the ball in the hand, so my preferred position for him would be at FB, Wing or Centre. He needs to develop his footy smarts before being thrown in the halves at this stage.

I would be willing to throw Hingano in at 5/8 and see what he can do. Too much of our attack is centered around Shaun, and not enough players are putting their hand up to help him out. Tevaga, whilst showing a lot of promise and courage probably needs a bit more gametime in the NSW Cup. He made some very average passes yesterday.

1. Fusitua
2. Allwood/Wells
3. Ayshford
4. Kata
5. Lolohea
6. Hingano/Robson
7. Johnson
8. Lillyman
9. Luke
10. Matulino
11. Thompson
12. Hoffman
13. Mannering

14. Leuluai
15. Vatuvei (forward impact/back cover)
16. Lisone
17. Vete

Reactions: 2 users
Ive never seen Hingano play but if he is the best prospect give him a run.

The Warriors carry too many inexperienced players though, half the forward pack look out of their depth at the moment and the backline is mediocre. If they are going to play a young half they need to surround him with experience. Not that experience makes much of a difference at the Warriors, they pump out just as many errors and their numbers on attack and defence arent too dissimilar from the young guys

Reactions: 1 user
1 lolohea
2 maumalo
3 hurrell
4 Kata
5 Fusitu'a

6 leuluai
7 Johnson

13 Hoffman
12 Mannering
11 thompson
10 Lillyman
9 Luke
8 gubb

14 lauititi
15 lane
16 lisone
17 Tevaga
why leuluai at 6?
* his defense has not been good, i saw so many arm grabs on the weekend
* he looks sluggish on attack
* can only recall him making one effective kick (albeit i did switch after the 50min, even then too little to late to kick the game was gone by then).
* hardly takes on the line now
* all he does is pass to shaun every play in the oppositions 20, then everyone bags shaun for not coming up with the right play (the opposition know what to expect)
* has lost any speed he had
* always tries to be the dominate halve by calling for the ball

* hes pre match interview was the complete opposite to what i have been thinking of him for last season and this season. He spoke about he doesn't see himself there as the calming influence he is more worried about just doing his own game.

Not saying he is the only reason but definitely its part of the reason why our attack is so shit. Reviewing all the games we played this season, we have scored most of our points with the robson and shaun combination.

We still had opportunities in the game, warriors have never been good defenders but we always went with a mind frame of scoring more points, kinda hard when there is no creatively from the number 6

sick of this team, same old weak shit to pick from, if I had my way I would drop Lillyman, Mutts, Hoffman, Leuluai never to be seen again, but we have shit all to choose from.

sick of Mc crappies bench usage. everyone could see Luke was fucked after 25mins thats when he should have brought on Tavega, actually Tevaga should have started.

also sick of crappies 80min backrower player policy, hes fucked in the head if he thinks we are going to win with no impact of the bench, thats where games are won or loss, if a player looks tired or is getting dominated pull the fucker off. share the minute ratio to at least 40/60 also dumb as shit having a winger on the bench, what kind of dumb as impact is that going to have,,we need forward impact Mc dumbass

1 Fusitu'a
2 Lolohea
3 Ayshford
4 Kata
5 Vatuvei

6 Hingano
7 Johnson

13 Lisone to start ahead of Mannering
12 Lane
11 Thompson
10 Lillyman
9 Luke
8 Vete

14 Lisone/(Mannering to cover back end of halves when fatigue sets in)
15 Matulino to cover back and frontrow duties,
16 Sipley
17 Leuluai cover for Luke

Reactions: 1 users
Fusitua
Vatuvei ( I'd rather have him in the fowards but we're so short of outside backs- esp ones who can get our sets started that he's got to stay on the wing).
Kata
Thompson- quick enough for center and would bring some physicality out wide.
Maumalo ( see vatuvei)
Lolohea
Shaun Johnson

Vete
Luke
Gavet
Mannering
Hoff
Lisone

TL
Lillyman
Sipley
Lane

More physical across the park and some excitement in the halves

Jordan G

Ive never seen Hingano play but if he is the best prospect give him a run.

The Warriors carry too many inexperienced players though, half the forward pack look out of their depth at the moment and the backline is mediocre. If they are going to play a young half they need to surround him with experience. Not that experience makes much of a difference at the Warriors, they pump out just as many errors and their numbers on attack and defence arent too dissimilar from the young guys

I agree they look out of their depth, but the scary part....

Lillyman
Luke
Matulino
Hoffman
Thompson
Mannering

Where's the inexperience?

Obviously the bench would be light on experience, but that's often to be expected. What scares me greatly is when you look at the team we had on the weekend, it was probably one of the more experienced teams we've had in the last couple of seasons. Very concerning.

Reactions: 3 users

JoeyJohns

I would hardly call Ayshford or Tevaga big names however they were dreadful so I guess it's them...

Seriously, Cappy is a real chance of completely fucking this squad for when a decent coach actually does comes along.

Ayshford had one shocker from 10 games so pull your head in Chris Rattue. Tevaga came on way too late but made a tackle a minute in his cameo. Yip 3 poor passes (1 based off a shit play-the-ball) and 3 missed tackles..... I'm sure some players had way worse stats.

Reactions: 6 users
I will really tear up my membership if Shaun Johnson gets dropped there are bigger problems out there than him.id say but bully at half he has a passing and kicking games ,Shaun Johnson 5/8.jazz hooker.tui fb.thats an ok spine.with roach on the bench.

Here's an idea...
Pull ALL of the reserve grade and U20s players out of the squad and put them back where they belong...in a 'TEAM'
Put your need for self-gratification aside for a moment and consider the real damage being done to these boys psyches and reputations!
Whatever the fuck is wrong with this club is not their problem to fix.
Then.....
Pick the highest paid 17 so-called '1st Graders' throw their jerseys in their pathetic faces and tell them this;
"You will play 1st Grade for the rest of the year and you will do one of two things"....

You are spot on with that post. No more shuffling the deck chairs on the titanic. This season is done anyway.

Ayshford had one shocker from 10 games so pull your head in Chris Rattue. Tevaga came on way too late but made a tackle a minute in his cameo. Yip 3 poor passes (1 based off a shit play-the-ball) and 3 missed tackles..... I'm sure some players had way worse stats.
Why are the Ayshford fans so sensitive? It's not like you are trying to back up a bloke with 148 NRL tries plus a further 22 test tries or something. Ayshford was also poo against the Broncos and quite frankly hasn't played anywhere near the hype that some of the self appointed experts on here try to suggest (or was that just playing devils advocate).

Anyway I was only really saying it in jest - although if media reports are to be believed then it does appear that he might be dropped for what was a shocking game.

Status
Not open for further replies.