General Pick Your Team 2016 Rnd 11 - Raiders vs Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 19, 2012
Pick Your Team 2016 Rnd 11 - Raiders vs Warriors

6321300-3x2-700x467.jpg
After the Round 10 game against Penrith Panthers at AMI Stadium in Christchurch do you want to see any changes for the Round 11 game against the Canberra Raiders at Yarrow Stadium in Canberra?

Promotions?
Demotions?
Any new injury concerns?
Any returning players?
Any tweaks to the bench?

Discuss...

Brox001

Warriors Bench Player
May 16, 2015
Bring back the team that won against the Dragons and deserved to represent the club this week. We had a forward (Sipley) in that same game actually make a clean line break from running hard and with passion, and then he gets dropped - when was the last time one of our props were good enough to do that? Fusitua must be at fullback, he was man of the match in that position in their previous game, so they decide to shift him?

Oh and please do not put a winger on the fucken interchange ever again, what was he thinking!?

JoeyJohns

Fusitua at fullback for a start
2. Allwood
3. Ayshford
4.Lolohea
5. Kata
6. Higano
7. Johnson
8. Gubb
9. Leuleuai
10. Lillyman
11. Thompson
12. Hoffman
13. Palavi (Mannering if he's fit, then Palavi to bench)

14. Luke
15. Matulino
16. Sipley (if match fit otherwise Vete)
17. Gavet

18. Vete

I know what you're gonna say but firstly;

Allwood deserves his shot after the Dragons game. How he and Palavi got treated today was shit on Cappy's part. Wright scored a good try. Enough said.

Kata, 70mins of terrific football and then his usual defiencies come out. He's still learning his craft and maybe he's better off learning from Ayshford on the outside. In the meantime carryout the Vatuvei role.

Lolohea, yes he's groomed for standoff but he's sooo eclectric on his feet it'll be better served out wide to his wingers while Higano's youthful exhuberance but maturity displays the calm and composure beyond his experience which is missing in our halves.

Higano, just check out his reviews.

Johnson will find his mojo. I don't think it's his injury that's holding him back as others suggest. Some players have sooo much pressure they go through a flat patch once and a while.

Gubb deserves to start on his actions alone. Matulino will cherish him taking the load off and re-establishing himself from the bench.

Leuluai offers exactly what Tevaga has but with a kicking game and stronger defence in the middle. He too is still finding form.

Sipley deserves a bench spot after his cameoagainst the Dragons. He has the same attributes as Lisone but a ls lot more maturity.

Gavet needs to develop those lack of smarts in training which he will transpose onto the field coupled with his aggressive nature.

#18 man Vete. I'm tempted to throw Lane in here but he will be better off developing playing NSW.

Lisone needs to be as close to SGH as much as possible to understand what makes an individual contribute to a successful organisation. They all do, but Lisone, according to reports has an ego that rivals his raw talent.

The UNFORTUNATES

Tevaga. His mental toughness, fitness and football brain is a rarerity in this team but he still lacks some size (for lock) to be effective on attack and skill (for hooker) to disrupt Leuluai and Luke if they find form.

Roache, he's the future rake. Barring injuries, if he wants consistent FG within 2 years, he's probably better off going to another club or wait for either Luke or Leuluai to leave. Has the luxury of also being able to play in the centres or halves.

Mannering, just waiting to get the all clear.

Hurrell, this man still needs guidance (I know it's been a while and he's done some dumb shit) like Kata, but also off the field which hopefully will bring out the beast in this human Wrecking Ball. Oh maybe we're carrying one too many short arses in this team to be effective out wide.

Vatuvei, despite his human frailties in the game, he's still a Champ.

The Little General. Should replace Cappy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pete

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 3, 2012
Manuring back into the starting team. Bench of Vete, Gavet, Luke and Lisone. Look to physically dominate and have Lillyman and Matulino start. Pray no outside back go down but Jazz or Mannering can perhaps fill in at centre if it happens.

Reactions: BlaqAdam

Pete

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 3, 2012
2. Allwood
3. Ayshford
4.Lolohea
5. Kata
6. Higano
7. Johnson
8. Gubb
9. Leuleuai
10. Lillyman
11. Thompson
12. Hoffman
13. Palavi (Mannering if he's fit, then Palavi to bench)

14. Luke
15. Matulino
16. Sipley (if match fit otherwise Vete)
17. Gavet

18. Higano

I know what you're gonna say but firstly;

Allwood deserves his shot after the Dragons game. How he and Palavi got treated today was shit on Cappy's part. Wright scored a good try. Enough said.
Kata, 70mins of terrific football and then his usual defiencies come out. He's still learning his craft and maybe he's better off learning from Ayshford on the outside. In the meantime carryout the Vatuvei role.
Lolohea, yes he's groomed for standoff but he's sooo eclectric on his feet it'll be better served out wide to his wingers while Higano's youth exhuberance yet maturity may display the calm and composure that's missing in our halves.
Higano, just check out his reviews.
Johnson will find his mojo. I don't think it's his injury that's holding him back. Some players have sooo much pressure they go through a flat patch once and a while.
Gubb,deserves to start on his actions alone. Matulino will chrish him taking the load off and re-establishing himself from the bench.
How does Gubb deserve a start for his actions? I just threw up when I read that. He made 12 tackles and missed a few: He makes no metres. None, zippo, nada. We need IMPACT off the bench.

OMG

Warriors 1st Grader
May 18, 2012
Churchur
1.Fusitua
2.Lolohea
3.Ayshford
4.Kata
5.Allgood- fucked if I know what this guy has done to the Coaching staff, he is worthy of starting every game.
6. Hingano-If there is anychance that he is the future he has to be tried right now ala Morgan and Milford.
7.SJ
8. Vatuvei-completely over the current rotation, it either goes really horrendously bad or fantastically magnificant, worth a shot though.
9.Bully-Jazz has been commendable but there are distribution and vision issues.
10. Sipley - Just got a feeling that he will offer more given the opportunity.
11. Hoffman-is the best hole runner but shit passes and hospital passes don't make him effective, put him near SJ.
12.Manners - I was wrong, Im completely of the opinion its his most effective position now.
13. Thompson- I think we will get more bang for our bucks and he is a far better all rounder than the X and the new Captain.

14.Jazz- he seems to be the best utility we have.
15. Matulino- Im running out of patience with him,Ive always thought he was a better left hand 2nd rower than a Prop and now it seems he is as much the problem as anyone that has been at at the Club for the last odd 20yrs.
16. Lillyman- Same as above, 4 or 5 good games leading up to Origin is about all we've ever got out of him but even then he isn't a shade on a half decent Prop that can go forward forward and not reverse forward.
17. Lane- Just sick of seeing the same old shit, in a dominant Pack this guy had Superstar written all over him.

Last edited:

kos

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 16, 2013
1 fusitua
2 kata
3ayshford
4 lolohea
5 all wood
6 tommy
7 Sj
8 vete
9 jazz
10 lily man
11 Thompson
12 Hoffman
13 mannering
14 Isaac
15 lisone
16 Sipley
17 gavet

I am backing lisone and vete as I assume they played well in nsw cup and when in form these two are energetic and dynamic.
Matulino needs to find energy and emotion he is a bit robotic doesn't look totally with it but he could be 15 or 17
Someone else suggested tui at centre and I think it's worth a shot

JoeyJohns

How does Gubb deserve a start for his actions? I just threw up when I read that. He made 12 tackles and missed a few: He makes no metres. None, zippo, nada. We need IMPACT off the bench.
Did he ? My bad. Maybe it was because he didn't get on until the 50th or 60th minute. Players say that sucks going on late. All hyped up and the adrenaline winds down along with the clock. Anyway I watched it via fb Messenger while a mate had their ipad cam pointed at the tv. Other than that, his previous games have been otherwise.

Reactions: Woofa

Pete

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 3, 2012
Did he ? My bad. Maybe it was because he didn't get on until the 50th or 60th minute. Players say that sucks going on late. All hyped up and the adrenaline winds down along with the clock. Anyway I watched it via fb Messenger while a mate had their ipad cam pointed at the tv. Other than that, his previous games have been otherwise.
I may have underdone his metres a little admittedly . 24 or so.

OMG

Warriors 1st Grader
May 18, 2012
Churchur
Gubb definitely looked like a solid reserve grader and his game reminded me of the video released during the week that gave me a case of gastro, he came across like a big dumb cu** and he played that way, the flaws far out weigh the good.

Reactions: Pete

Inruin

.... LOADING ....
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
1.Fusitua
2.Lolohea
3.Ayshford
4.Kata
5.Allgood- fucked if I know what this guy has done to the Coaching staff, he is worthy of starting every game.
6. Hingana-If there is anychance that he is the future he has to be tried right now ala Morgan and Milford.
7.SJ
8. Vatuvei-completely over the current rotation, it either goes really horrendously bad or fantastically magnificant, worth a shot though.
9.Bully-Jazz has been commendable but there are distribution and vision issues.
10. Sipley - Just got a feeling that he will offer more given the opportunity.
11. Hoffman-is the best hole runner but shit passes and hospital passes don't make him effective, put him near SJ.
12.Manners - I was wrong, Im completely of the opinion its his most effective position now.
13. Thompson- I think we will get more bang for our bucks and he is a far better all rounder than the X and the new Captain.

14.Jazz- he seems to be the best utility we have.
15. Matulino- Im running out of patience with him,Ive always thought he was a better left hand 2nd rower than a Prop and now it seems he is as much the problem as anyone that has been at at the Club for the last odd 20yrs.
16. Lillyman- Same as above, 4 or 5 good games leading up to Origin is about all we've ever got out of him but even then he isn't a shade on a half decent Prop that can go forward forward and not reverse forward.
17. Lane- Just sick of seeing the same old shit, in a dominant Pack this guy had Superstar written all over him.
pretty close to the team I would go with too. With two exceptions. Manu doesn't make my team at all. I think its time to move on. He could be a solid nsw cup player and team man like Ali is this year. That's about it for me. I'm buggered if I know what else Allwood has to do to get picked on one of the wings. Bit hard done by for mine.
other exception for me would be Hingana. Kid is a talent. Not sure throwing him in with this lot at the moment would be the best thing for him. might be worth a crack thou gh also.

so same team except a prop in for Manu I guess.

Reactions: OMG

Off The Bench

1st Grade Fringe
Jan 26, 2014
1 Fusitua
2 Kata
3 Blake
4 Tui
5 Atwood
6 Ata
7 SJ
8 Lillyman
9 Jazz
10 Gubb
11 Hoffman
12 Mannering
13 Palavi

14 Sipley
15 Matalino
16 Lane
17 Vete

Start building for next season

Reactions: Woofa

OMG

Warriors 1st Grader
May 18, 2012
Churchur
pretty close to the team I would go with too. With two exceptions. Manu doesn't make my team at all. I think its time to move on. He could be a solid nsw cup player and team man like Ali is this year. That's about it for me. I'm buggered if I know what else Allwood has to do to get picked on one of the wings. Bit hard done by for mine.
other exception for me would be Hingana. Kid is a talent. Not sure throwing him in with this lot at the moment would be the best thing for him. might be worth a crack thou gh also.

so same team except a prop in for Manu I guess.
I'm heading that way with Manu too, the problem really is that we have so many consistently inconsistent Props that have runs that they should be ashamed of, it's sort of a last roll of the dice with him, I'd be happy happy with a 30 minute Manu with Power runs and trying to wipe everyone out in the tackle.
The near weekly embarrassment our Props deliver because even when they're good you can still pick out that much bullshit in their games it's ridiculous.
I now get embarrassed by the soft standing start hit ups all of our rotation can do regularly, running onto the ball seems to be a lost attribute at the Warriors and when someone is running on to the ball they handbrake and and chuck it in reverse, it's fucking sickening, chuck in Manners and all momentum gets the life sucked out of it

Someone would have to say to Manu that he will be fined 5% of his salary for each offload and error, but we really don't have anything to lose playing him there atm.

I really think we need to get a look at Ata, if he is the real deal he will show it pretty fast, exposing Pierce, Foran, Morgan, Hunt, Milford and a few others hasn't seemed to have harmed their playmaking abilities, it may actually make our Pack step up and it should help relieve pressure from SJ.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
The near weekly embarrassment our Props deliver because even when they're good you can still pick out that much bullshit in their games it's ridiculous.
It started in the St George trial and except in the wins has been as bad since. I have never turned the TV off before this season because no matter what you always felt they could do something special before full time. Not this season, they just are not in it. Maybe it is because our tight forwards are too young and haven't filled out. If that is the case it isn't really Cappy's fault, but everything else is.

facefacts

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 26, 2012
1. Fusitua...havent watched the Dragons game so not too sure how he went in the 1 jumper, but he's had some good reviews so i'm happy to throw him the jumper...would be good to see him with his hands on the ball more often.
2. Lolohea...amazing winger.
3. Ayshford
4. Kata
5. Wright
6. Lulu's eyes
7. Johnson
8. Matulino...needs to take the handbrake off and be a lot smarter around his decision making.
9. Jazz...deserves the 9 jumper.
10.Vete
11.Thompson
12.Hoffman
13.Mannering

14.Luke...want the good we have to cop the bad, sigh...he really does fit in at the Warriors.
15.Vatuvei...throw him in and see how it goes.
16.Lane
17.Lillyman

Reactions: OMG

stacky18

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 14, 2013
Doesnt worry me who plays. We don't have 17 guys who are committed or capable of putting in for 80 minutes.
We could jag a win next week then we'll drop 3 of the next 4.
This club is in a very low place and no one knows how to get out of the hole.

Reactions: Off The Bench

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
This club is in a very low place and no one knows how to get out of the hole.
but everybody knows we are in it, no matter what the PR people and Sky TV say

phil.kingston

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 15, 2013
Lolohea...Cappy will put him there for the rest of the year. He's already made up his mind, and we know he doesnt believe in Plan B
Fusitua
Ayshford
Kata
Manu
Leuluai
Johnson
Matulino
Jazz
Vete
Thompson
Hoffman
Mannering

Luke
Lillyman
Lisone
Gubb

hooker rotation:
play Jazz for 25mins, bring luke in after that...Unless injuries/luke is flat and we need some energy off dummy half/We've already won/We've already lost, Jazz doesnt come back

Prop rotation:
Get Vete off after 20mins and replace him with Lillyman. Vete comes back sometime in the second half when Lillyman needs a break
Get Matulino off after 30mins...Gubb to play 10mins before and after halftime. Matulino comes back in to finish the match.
When Gubb is on the field, we have no go forward. Bring Lisone at Lock, move mannering to left or right edge. If it were me, I'd give hoffman a break, Mannering to try and provide some stability to that edge for atleast 20mins...but I could live with Thompson getting a break instead, cause he does get through a lot of defence and Mannering has played outside SJ in the past.

Pick that team and do those rotations...and we make the 8, easy. Its not a genius plan....actually its a simple plan.
Cappy dont try to be a fucking Einstein....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

31 Jul

26 - 20
6.7 Total Avg Rating
6.8 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings