Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don’t think he’s married? Come to think never seen him with a woman on his arm apart from dancing with the stars?I know many are missing Bruce, which is why I mentioned the story of Ardern pocketing $23 million from pharmac to fill a void for some. Seeing as Bruce’s theories tended to be aimed at the left, I think it’s only right I assume the mantle of reporting rumours regarding the right.
I'm loathe to say it - but a journalist who works at stuff mentioned to me they're working on a story that, one of the leaders in the coalition negotiations has been sending inappropriate messages to woman over social media.

I'm loathe to say it - but a journalist who works at stuff mentioned to me they're working on a story that, one of the leaders in the coalition negotiations has been sending inappropriate messages to woman over social media.
He certainly comes to mind initially unless winston’s on the prowl? Perhaps he’s still upset at Ardern for calling him a prick.

He certainly comes to mind initially unless winston’s on the prowl? Perhaps he’s still upset at Ardern for calling him a prick.
They didnt mention when it would break but said they're lining up so the legality of the article is ironclad.

They didnt mention when it would break but said they're lining up so the legality of the article is ironclad.
I would imagine David Seymour would be too tech savvy to do stuff like that. Although, Bishop wasn't tech savvy enough to avoid it

It sounds like it would need to be particularly ironclad if the person in question is litigious

The election has been a shambles. Seems many special votes are never checked, many could have been fraudulent and it may have changed the makeup of the whole government. Wow:

In 2020, the Jacinda Ardern-led Government enacted election-day enrolment. Now, on election day, with no proof of ID or address, anyone can sign a declaration, enrol, and vote.

It is impossible to check the eligibility of electors whose names and addresses are secret until after they have voted.

There are over a quarter of a million adults in New Zealand who are not eligible to vote: visa-holders, tourists, foreign students and overstayers among them. Only citizens and permanent residents may vote, and only for the electorate where they live.

It is likely that National candidates in Nelson, Te Atatū and Mt Albert who narrowly lost after the special vote count won more valid votes. It is likely that Peeni Henare and Kelvin Davis really won Tamaki Mākaurau and Te Tai Tokerau.

There is no other country that lets people with no ID enrol and vote on election day. We are the only country where 20.9 per cent of the total votes cast are special votes.

No one knows how many of the 603,257 special votes are fraudulent.

The shift of a handful of votes could change the election result. The Green Party received one-third of their votes from specials, which boosted the number of Green MPs. The special votes decreased National’s MP count by two. Special votes enabled Te Pāti Māori to win two electorates. It is possible that if only valid ballots were counted, National and Act together won the election.

We need to know whether election-day enrolment is empowering participation in democracy, or whether election-day enrolment is destroying the integrity of our elections.

that's actualy disgraceful that all it takes is a signed declaration, and there is no ID verification.

It's not hard to pre-enrol. I don't have a problem with Special Votes, but FMD, I thought at the very least the voters would be verified as being eligible

that's actualy disgraceful that all it takes is a signed declaration, and there is no ID verification.

It's not hard to pre-enrol. I don't have a problem with Special Votes, but FMD, I thought at the very least the voters would be verified as being eligible
Actually from memory didn't Key start that ball rolling when immigrants needed to be 3 months in the country with a letter of intention to gain citizenship.. thats how he scraped in on his 3rd term... looks like it's been fiddled with more..

My problem with Native Maori is they don't know how good they have It in this country! You get free money to sit around doing nothing, you have a injury you don't have to go bankrupt to pay the medical bill and another million things that are great about NZ
Lol NZ is shit. I’d live in communist China before I’d go back to NZ.

Lol NZ is shit. I’d live in communist China before I’d go back to NZ.
I like it here. But I would move to aussie if all my family and friends came with me, cheaper easier more promise, warmer etc. But there aren't many other places I would go.

Reactions: j_p
Back