Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
Another great interview with Webby!

Loved the mention of not panic buying and they would rather leave a spot or two open than just sign for the sake of it. Also only players that add value will be recruited.
Judging by those comments I would be very surprised if we ended up signing RFM. He would be a definition of buying someone just cause they are available and we have a spot open.
Feel like any potential signing of RFM would be dependent on getting him extremely cheap, really impressive how the club don’t leak any information they don’t want out and hard to say whether they feel he would add enough value to warrant a top 30 spot? If he gets paid out enough from the bulldogs, he could be signed on a development contract with the likes of roosters having Michael Jennings on one? RFM apparently stated his desire to return to training when he met Gould the other day, perhaps playing the long game? Bulldogs are also apparently leading the race for Terrell May having 32 on their current roster so whether things have fallen through with Taukieho, they need to shed some players.

Feel like any potential signing of RFM would be dependent on getting him extremely cheap, really impressive how the club don’t leak any information they don’t want out and hard to say whether they feel he would add enough value to warrant a top 30 spot? If he gets paid out enough from the bulldogs, he could be signed on a development contract with the likes of roosters having Michael Jennings on one? RFM apparently stated his desire to return to training when he met Gould the other day, perhaps playing the long game? Bulldogs are also apparently leading the race for Terrell May having 32 on their current roster so whether things have fallen through with Taukieho, they need to shed some players.
I am not keen on RFM but since I am still in a honeymoon period with Webster I will be OK if Webster wants him. Hopefully I still feel the same about Webster at the end of next season.

I am not keen on RFM but since I am still in a honeymoon period with Webster I will be OK if Webster wants him. Hopefully I still feel the same about Webster at the end of next season.
I like that in that interview that he looked every potential concern head on and feel optimistic that the leaders of the playing group in Tohu, SJ and RTS are in the final years of their careers and would expect them to demand a high standard, I just keep my fingers crossed that AFB will deliver if he’s here. Feel like some of our success this season came down to strong training that was aided by having a strong nsw cup team to train against. It must go a long way to feel like your coach backs the squad as he mentioned over recruitment and everyone must feel like they’ve got a genuine shot at making the team if performing.

Makes you wonder if Manu might leave for the big money the longer he goes unsigned for 2025, would think negotiations have been happening for a bit. With Webster mentioning a second rower, would love for Warriors to make a play for Tupouniua who’s also off contract 2025.
Will be interesting what the Rooster do as Tedesco is fading. He is still a good fullback but you would think Manu would get the fullback position for 2025 and possibly sooner.

Was I the only one surprised that Webster didn't seem to really know about the whole Rugby convert rule in that interview ??? Other clubs seem to be onto this big time
Well lets face it the news comes out when the Roosters are chasing a Australian Rugby player. Certain clubs know about it that have a "special" relationship with the NRL management.

Was I the only one surprised that Webster didn't seem to really know about the whole Rugby convert rule in that interview ??? Other clubs seem to be onto this big time
Gave me the impression he was solely focused on the squad he’s got. With him not knowing it could be a sign no rugby players are on their radar, though he did mention hearing from rugby players wanting to play league. Would hope McFadden is aware being in charge of recruitment.

Back