Staff Phil Gould

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
I wonder if they looked at basing themselves in Brizzy and playing out of Suncorp every other week with the Broncos. Bigger cost structure so risk there - more chance of bigger gate takings?
They have to make money somehow. I reckon 2022 is stuffed, if it is the same for 2023 that might be serious. Anything has to be on the table.

Reactions: Worried2Death

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
Apr 18, 2012
Dunedin, NZ

Old Sid

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 8, 2014
Not anything official but have heard ministers or media saying minister have said don't expect things to return to normal soon. Then have said it could be a few years, at least until 2024.
And why aren't Kiwis jumping up and down and marching in the streets, outraged even thinking about this. It's bloody criminal that the vaccine route is about the slowest in the world, on pace with Africa. What the hell has happened to the Kiwi can-do attitude. This lot are getting away with murder and folks are soaking it up like lemmings. Astounding. Where is the plan and determination to manage their way out of this. You bet the spin will be all rosy again come election year, but not a month before. Guys like Phil Gould can see this and say to hell with it. No aspirations, no point, and even worse than Oz. Might as well go home.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
And why aren't Kiwis jumping up and down and marching in the streets, outraged even thinking about this. It's bloody criminal that the vaccine route is about the slowest in the world, on pace with Africa. What the hell has happened to the Kiwi can-do attitude. This lot are getting away with murder and folks are soaking it up like lemmings. Astounding. Where is the plan and determination to manage their way out of this. You bet the spin will be all rosy again come election year, but not a month before. Guys like Phil Gould can see this and say to hell with it. No aspirations, no point, and even worse than Oz. Might as well go home.
I don't think our vaccine issue would have affected Gould. NSW is worse than us FFS. I think it is the whole uncertainty about covid, which is understandable.

It looks as though the Kiwibuild crew were asleep on the job allowing some low level bureaucrat to turn down the opportunity of $40 million to Pfizer for more vaccine. Cindy is already spinning her way out of that.

Reactions: demco

J_P

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 4, 2020
We're actually slightly ahead of Australia according to the Google tracker.

Reactions: bruce

brightman

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Auckland
We really are going of topic but NZ really is becoming 3rd world and that's no joke!

Reactions: Akkerz

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Didn't Gus get stuck over here when they canned the flights to/from Sydney?

That may have been the straw that broke the camel's back as that would have affected his other NRL commitments in OZ.
He has been stuck in NZ before. I think it was after the nines a few years ago.

I don't like being stuck somewhere, no matter how pleasant the place is, but that is just me. Phil was clearly pissed off about it at the time.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
If i looked like Phil i would be pissed off all the time 🤣
Phil is not perfect, nor everybody's favourite.

I remember Peter Peters saying Phil thought he had put the air in the football.

Also his coaching style was quite robotic.

However he is still one of the most successful coaches of all time with a 59% club record and similar in SOO...

and Peter Peters has always been full of shite...just saying like.

Reactions: YeahNah 4020

Wellington Warrior

Warriors 1st Grader
May 15, 2012
Wellington, New Zealand
Didn't Gus get stuck over here when they canned the flights to/from Sydney?

That may have been the straw that broke the camel's back as that would have affected his other NRL commitments in OZ.
No he came to NZ and the border closed to Aussies the day after… i think his flight back might have been slightly delayed due to no planes being available

South Sydney Rabbitohs Sunshine Coast Stadium Rate Match

Last Game

24 Jul

3.8 Total Avg Rating
4.6 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 12 ratings