Staff Phil Gould

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
The kids got it easy these days, back in my day the cane was in full swing.
Some teachers were definite sociopaths.

I am sure one guy who taught me had orgasms every time he whacked a kid.

I went to many schools, some used the cane, some arseholes used green hide leather straps.

Dunno where they bought them, had no used other than for belting kids.

It didn't work on the butt, but on the open hand it caused massive welts which farked your writing and concentration for the rest of the day.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
That was a good interview.

It makes sense to have development plans. We cannot recruit big cause we need to entice people to move country and tend to have to pay "overs". Our best years have been a good mix of local talent and a few key players recruited in. That plan was kind of working during Cleary's time but they didn't have much underneath until the NSW Cup side entered theand under 20's started.

He did mention its been 10 years since we won a semi final game. Sad I know but who stole our coach back then. He doesn't bring that up, punk.

The two main things is will he see the job through and will the people in charge be willing to spend the money to implement it.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Can understand him being in demand. As much grief as he got from journalists about his 5 year plan at Penrith they are flying now and seeing the benefit of his work. The 5 years was more of a throw away line meaning it would take time. I will admit I did throw a few jokes about it over the years.

The Bulldogs are in a hole so they would be thinking they need to put things in place. Recuriting would be hard seeing as they are rooted to the bottom of the table and they would need to pay overs on some players putting them under cap pressure again. Gould would also be useful for Barrett to have an experienced coach to consult with. They have Steve Hansen on the books as well in that role.

Mr Dragon

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2015
Can understand him being in demand. As much grief as he got from journalists about his 5 year plan at Penrith they are flying now and seeing the benefit of his work. The 5 years was more of a throw away line meaning it would take time. I will admit I did throw a few jokes about it over the years.
And talking about throw away lines, if i ever hear another Warrior fan say next year is going to be our year 🤣

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020
We‘ll thank Gould in time hopefully but it’s PVL who got onboard very quickly and understands the future growth of the game is in the green shoots of the pacific island and kiwi players further strengthening the Nrl and International game particularly. For Gould to be able to facilitate the needs and desires of these cash strapped stakeholders he needs the full support and endorsement of the NRL/ARL which he has in V’landys.

Warriors hopefully will be the major beneficiaries, we should aspire to be what the Broncos once were and what the Panthers have become.

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
New Plymouth
Some teachers were definite sociopaths.

I am sure one guy who taught me had orgasms every time he whacked a kid.

I went to many schools, some used the cane, some arseholes used green hide leather straps.

Dunno where they bought them, had no used other than for belting kids.

It didn't work on the butt, but on the open hand it caused massive welts which farked your writing and concentration for the rest of the day.
Not only that but getting the strap in front of the whole class was particularly demeaning. Plus you never mentioned it at home otherwise there was a good chance of getting another one.

warriorsfan92

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 11, 2013
Dunedin, New Zealand
That was bloody awesome. I’m really excited with Gus & POS driving our recruitment and retention, and junior pathways. Genuinely, I couldn’t think of two better individuals to do this job. It’s bloody exciting. And it’s great we now have a plan. It has seemed very stopgap fixes the last decade. Finally, it seems we’re in the right direction. I’d rather it taken another 10, for sustained success than go in this merry go round we’ve been doing the last 10 years.

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
That was bloody awesome. I’m really excited with Gus & POS driving our recruitment and retention, and junior pathways. Genuinely, I couldn’t think of two better individuals to do this job. It’s bloody exciting. And it’s great we now have a plan. It has seemed very stopgap fixes the last decade. Finally, it seems we’re in the right direction. I’d rather it taken another 10, for sustained success than go in this merry go round we’ve been doing the last 10 years.

Nothing against you warriorsfan92, but always seems to be the Warriors cliche

Everytime a big name join us or a new owner comes in or an adviser or players, there's always the usual cliche " now we have a plan" "finally we are moving in the right direction"...

I'll believe it when i see the results on the field.

At the moment, we're shit and have been for the last 25yrs.... dont expect much will change anytime soon.... so nothing to get excited about....

I fucking HATE listening to Gus commentate during Origin. Please tell me he's not doing it again this year....

warriorsfan92

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 11, 2013
Dunedin, New Zealand
Nothing against you warriorsfan92, but always seems to be the Warriors cliche

Everytime a big name join us or a new owner comes in or an adviser or players, there's always the usual cliche " now we have a plan" "finally we are moving in the right direction"...

I'll believe it when i see the results on the field.

At the moment, we're shit and have been for the last 25yrs.... dont expect much will change anytime soon.... so nothing to get excited about....

I fucking HATE listening to Gus commentate during Origin. Please tell me he's not doing it again this year....
I guess you’re probably right but we’re in a damn sight better position than we were 12 months ago. You must admit that. Hey, I’m just being an optimist. Feels good, you should try it, haha.

Newcastle Knights McDonald Jones Stadium, Newcastle

Last Game

13 Jun

16 - 42
4.6 Total Avg Rating
6.2 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 8 ratings