Staff Phil Gould

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
Cmon man i watch a lot of footy and yes all teams have been on the rough end of the pineapple occasionally but none get shafted like our boys systemically. How many times has the refs boss had to apologise to our club after a howler that has cost us victory in the last couple of years! I admit sometimes we get a favourable reffed game but geez it aint that often.

When convenient everyone jumps back to early 2018 as evidence of what happens when we don't get shafted like we're somehow a 70-80% win team when it's a fair contest.

I could go on and on about how I think there's an ingrained bias (Not a deliberate conscious one) against our team but tbh can't be fucked because it doesn't change the fact that a shit team is still a shit team regardless of refs.

When we get the things we can control right then I'll probably jump on board with the victim mentality wingers because there will be less to whinge about but still gotta whinge about something.

gubbbs

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 26, 2016
...Going back to 2018 for evidence of us getting beneficial calls...lol
Exactly.

There's not some grand conspiracy against the warriors (or a few other shit teams that get dud calls). There is general favouritism which equals points in game and points on the ladder. For a comparison NZ benefits from this when it comes to rugby, I can only imagine other teams fans freaking out at what Richie used to get away with. It happens in sports
When convenient everyone jumps back to early 2018 as evidence of what happens when we don't get shafted like we're somehow a 70-80% win team when it's a fair contest.

I could go on and on about how I think there's an ingrained bias (Not a deliberate conscious one) against our team but tbh can't be fucked because it doesn't change the fact that a shit team is still a shit team regardless of refs.

When we get the things we can control right then I'll probably jump on board with the victim mentality wingers because there will be less to whinge about but still gotta whinge about something.
That's exactly what they did against the panthers? No they didn't play the perfect game, but they did everything that could be asked of them and still got shafted. So why are you whinging about people whinging?

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
Exactly.

There's not some grand conspiracy against the warriors (or a few other shit teams that get dud calls). There is general favouritism which equals points in game and points on the ladder. For a comparison NZ benefits from this when it comes to rugby, I can only imagine other teams fans freaking out at what Richie used to get away with. It happens in sports

That's exactly what they did against the panthers? No they didn't play the perfect game, but they did everything that could be asked of them and still got shafted. So why are you whinging about people whinging?

I'm not whinging against whinging I simply replied to a post and people decided to jump onto it.

Or am I not allowed to respond to responders of my response?

Billy Teets James

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 12, 2016
Perth, Australia

What if the shit team is actually alright. But the win loss ratio makes the alright team look shit because of shit officiating?

So we should stop whinging about it?

We've done pretty good as a club to not come out and blast these dodge bastards for the unfair treatment.
Yet, Cleary comes out and calls them cheats, Gets fined & gets all the calls go his sides way the next week?

All we want is a fair go. It's not whinging if we have legit concerns.
And for far to long now. You beat someone down long enough eventually they stay down.

That's what it looks like with our team sometimes. No fight.

Yes, Other times we moan about some miniscule shit sometimes.
Whinge , Cry , Sook. But the officiating against us is a concern.

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
What if the shit team is actually alright. But the win loss ratio makes the alright team look shit because of shit officiating?

So we should stop whinging about it?

We've done pretty good as a club to not come out and blast these dodge bastards for the unfair treatment.
Yet, Cleary comes out and calls them cheats, Gets fined & gets all the calls go his sides way the next week?

All we want is a fair go. It's not whinging if we have legit concerns.
And for far to long now. You beat someone down long enough eventually they stay down.

That's what it looks like with our team sometimes. No fight.

Yes, Other times we moan about some miniscule shit sometimes.
Whinge , Cry , Sook. But the officiating against us is a concern.

Couldn't give a shit about who whinges about what, but it's my choice not to whinge about refs as much as it's your choice to whinge about them.

Haven't told anyone not to whinge or they can't whinge. Simply stated why I choose not to.

jonesy101

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2016
Its not only Warriors supporters that are now calling the officiating out and saying how often it happens to this team. I've seen multiple responses to the Panthers game which end with "and that's coming from a Bulldogs supporter, Manly supporter etc." No team is immune from a wrong call, but its gone beyond just having whinge here - its become systemic and Brian Smiths comments last year were right on.

Billy Teets James

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 12, 2016
Perth, Australia
Couldn't give a shit about who whinges about what, but it's my choice not to whinge about refs as much as it's your choice to whinge about them.

Haven't told anyone not to whinge or they can't whinge. Simply stated why I choose not to.
I didn't say you should speak up.
I couldn't give a shit if you did or not.
Whinging is persisting in a irritating manner.

Irritating is the way we are treated. Concerned is the way we are feeling. I don't think we are whinging.

All good tho bro. I respect your stance.

Reactions: brightman

Off The Bench

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 26, 2014
I didn't say you should speak up.
I couldn't give a shit if you did or not.
Whinging is persisting in a irritating manner.

Irritating is the way we are treated. Concerned is the way we are feeling. I don't think we are whinging.

All good tho bro. I respect your stance.

I hope Gus hires cam Smith for a week or two
When he finishes he said he wants to go consulting

He will be able to teach our boys an leadership group how to
Deal with refs on the field .It's something we haven't mastered .
It's a cultural thing .An by that I mean NZ culture .We are probably
Not out spoken enough .
Cam got asked about him being the ref on a NRL show .
An he had some insightful answers . about that part of the game .
May as well learn from the master

gubbbs

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 26, 2016
Could teach poor Roger how to get the ref to actually listen for a start. On Friday night I noticed he went to talk to the ref about a penalty against us and the ref simply turned his back on him and ignored him.
Straight up. The refs do not show him the respect he deserves. Watch DCE's behaviour in the Manly match in comparison. RTS has the inspirational and lead from the front captain style for sure, but he needs to work on the ref chat, they seriously respond even if they shouldn't.

Obviously Smith is the goat at this and won't be matched any time soon, but a great example of how effective it can be. You know Smith would have been chirping about it all night leading to this moment. https://au.sports.yahoo.com/nrl-202...ut-referee-footage-ben-cummins-223743114.html

Off The Bench

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 26, 2014
Ryan Hoffman was a hard professional Aussie.

Nearly broke the poor guy trying to captain the Warriors against the bias.
I thought our team broke him .
That was a fractured team .There's a lot more to like about our team now .
In terms of cohesion .
But I think we need to develop the tools to get on top of this .
Or we are going to be still discussing this in ten years time

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
I thought our team broke him .
That was a fractured team .There's a lot more to like about our team now .
In terms of cohesion .
But I think we need to develop the tools to get on top of this .
Or we are going to be still discussing this in ten years time
Agree but he had steam coming out his ears with the refs a few time!

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012

I am glad Gus is on our team. Cam George would not have got the airtime if he made a similar plea.
Speaking of CG, he’s got a big job now to secure a $1m sponsor. WithGus coming onboard, this was going to give CG more time to look after commercial affairs ... here’s the big opportunity to earn those stripes and the associated salary.

Last edited:
Reactions: YeahNah 4020

Ponyandtrap

U20's Player
Sep 21, 2019
It seems like having Gus involved with the club makes far more sense now, the NRL have talked about how they were unable to negotiate a different deal with Vodafone, so I'm wondering if the Warriors knew this was coming and brought Gus in to help bring some credibility when they go hunting for sponsors.

Manly Sea Eagles

Last Game

02 May

24 - 20
6.5 Total Avg Rating
7.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 23 ratings