NRL NRL Trials Round 2

Anyone watching trials this weekend?

Thoughts so far?

Normal transmission seems to have resumed at the Rorters, their junior talent looks the best in the NRL (ok so they were carving a useless Bunnies outfit but man). We crow on about our juniors, but seeing the Roosters options...brought things back down to earth for mine.

Hard to know how the Bunnies will go this year, I hope somewhere near the spoon.

Sharks looked beatable in their games with the Dogs. As for the Dogs, oh well they had some horrid defensive lapses and turn overs, but if they get rid of those issues, I thought they look a lot quicker across the park.

Anyone watching trials this weekend?

Thoughts so far?

Normal transmission seems to have resumed at the Rorters, their junior talent looks the best in the NRL (ok so they were carving a useless Bunnies outfit but man). We crow on about our juniors, but seeing the Roosters options...brought things back down to earth for mine.

Hard to know how the Bunnies will go this year, I hope somewhere near the spoon.

Sharks looked beatable in their games with the Dogs. As for the Dogs, oh well they had some horrid defensive lapses and turn overs, but if they get rid of those issues, I thought they look a lot quicker across the park.
Mahoney hasn’t looked the same player since leaving the eels.

Have to laugh hearing Blocker give the Warriors a shout out during the Knights vs Storm game.

Mentioned us as one of the exciting teams to watch in attack.

Smh at the petition against Blocker by Wahs fans.

Steve Roach for all you post eighties fans was one of the most intimidating prop forwards to ever play the game and he was fucking nuts when he played which is why fans like me love the guy.

He may not be the most articulate commentator but he is the real thing, a living legend and genuine beast of the game.

Storm are boringly taking Newy apart....as they do....carn Newy give Craig an Aneurysm.

Have to laugh hearing Blocker give the Warriors a shout out during the Knights vs Storm game.

Steve Roach for all you post eighties fans was one of the most intimidating prop forwards to ever play the game and he was fucking nuts when he played which is why fans like me love the guy.

He may not be the most articulate commentator but he is the real thing, a living legend and genuine beast of the game.

Storm are boringly taking Newy apart....as they do....carn Newy give Craig an Aneurysm.
Blocker is a real character to have a day on the piss with. Met him years ago at the Lennox Head pub in Northern NSW.
He was there with Greg (sux) Cox his ex teammate from Tigers and SOO.
What a funny day 🤣 😂

Blocker is a real character to have a day on the piss with. Met him years ago at the Lennox Head pub in Northern NSW.
He was there with Greg (sux) Cox his ex teammate from Tigers and SOO.
What a funny day 🤣 😂
He is straight up.

The infamous test where Tamati smashed over Dowling....as you will know....was preceded by an on field punch up where Blocker was hitting Kevin when his arms were held.

Blocker has been asked about that incident and he admitted "I had to get some in while I could

Knights have been pretty average, Tyson Gamble with a kickout on the full and a pass into touch, a lot of passes to the ground as well wonder if the heat in Fiji putting them off?

These other trials are real come down after our games which have had good crowds for a trial.

The other games are played in front of crowds so poor you can see how bad the grounds are. Typically the hills or tiny grandstand or seating on the hill at some of the grounds are full so it doesn't looks so bad.

I heard the NRL overpriced the locals coming to the game! :mad:
That sucks. They probably thinking like businessmen on how to make getting over there worthwhile so it pays for itself.

Even though they are playing the long game with the Vegas initiative. As that may not be profitable for a few years.

The Islands provide a lot of the talent. To me the NRL should be giving back with the aim to make league the game they want to play.

How can you not know it’s NRL season time without one of Blockers… ‘kicked it too deep and it dribbled over the IN GOLD line…’

I heard the NRL overpriced the locals coming to the game! :mad:
Playing in Lautoka would not have helped either. Can understand that it was chosen closer to Nadi to make the drive from airport/closer to tourist accommodation more palatable but it should have been played in Suva to get a decent turnout unless they banked on rural farmers forking out big prices (for them) to come watch an nrl trial. Hopefully the turnout was not assessed as the potential for taking games to the islands.

Back