Rumour Penrith board meeting over Jenning's future in the morning.

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
Apr 18, 2012
Dunedin, NZ
Heard during halftime on MNF.
Michael Jennings caught drinking on ANZAC day, while he's supposed to be on a drinking ban as part of the injury recovery group.
He was on his last warning.
Penrith board is convening in the morning to discuss his future.

tajhay

Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
we need a centre...how about we send over ropati and tai and call it an even trade? :)

Danpatmac

he's just picked up a shoulder injury. looks like a bad one, not as bad as Gidley's ... suck that NSW.

oh wait,

Another of my NNRL players gone... jennings, campese, beau scott, kingston.... fml

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Mar 30, 2012
Auckland
Shoulder injury aside, I'd pick him up. Not that I see the Pamfers letting him go, even if he got wasted and banged Gould's daughter. They've got the worst roster in the comp, take him out and it's a laughing stock.

Reactions: Rizzah

Danpatmac

Shoulder injury aside, I'd pick him up. Not that I see the Pamfers letting him go, even if he got wasted and banged Gould's daughter. They've got the worst roster in the comp, take him out and it's a laughing stock.
I would sign him in a heartbeat... he ain't going anywhere.... or is he?

tajhay

Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
i doubt they would let him go. there were mumours that gould was not happy how much jennings was on when he first got to the club. when he last stuffed up the club made him buy quite a few tickets to their next game to be given out to the public for free. surely he would be on his last legs there. i really like him as a centre...his acceleration is amazing...he just glides across the park...i always hoped fisiiahi could emulate him...

Jordan G

1) Panthers won't release him imo unless he's on massive overs and Gould/Cleary want to free up cash to rebuild squad with better balance.

2) On the million to one chance he does get released, there are a dozen teams ahead of us in the pecking order. Would I take a shot at him?

Hell yeah, but I can't see him wanting to come here.

RobRoyMcCoy

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2012
Nah, why would he stop breaking team rules by coming here? His pattern of behaviour suggests he would just continue unless there is something in the local environment (coach, team etc) that would change his pattern of behaviour. This is not a one off right?

Spence

Sgt. Pepper
Mar 31, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Well not to point out the obvious, but it's easy enough to reference Seymour as a player who changed his ways since he came here (although he fell back off after he was on the outer). He likes the odd drink, he's not going around robbing banks - I don't think it'd be a problem.

Niccolò Machiavelli

Warriors Bench Player
Apr 25, 2012
Florentine Republic
What are our other recruitment options when it comes to quality centres? I can think of Jamie Lyon but that's highly unlikely. What about Joel Monaghan? Is there anyone else we could poach from the super league?

facefacts

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 26, 2012
What are our other recruitment options when it comes to quality centres? I can think of Jamie Lyon but that's highly unlikely. What about Joel Monaghan? Is there anyone else we could poach from the super league?
Ropati
Inu
Henry
Hurrell
Carlos
Fish
Omar

Patience may be our best recruitment option.

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Mar 30, 2012
Auckland
Ropati
Inu
Henry
Hurrell
Carlos
Fish
Omar

Patience may be our best recruitment option.

That certainly has merit, and should always be the long-term view. But I think prudent recruitment(s) at the right time can have a massive impact. I'm think of guys like Campion, Carlaw - who weren't flashy signings but played very important roles in that team. The situation as it currently is is so dire (IMO) that we simply cannot properly compete with the top sides consistently. I think if we were to sign someone like a Matt King it would make the world of difference. The issue with solely relying on the young guns, like Hurrell, is they're all at different stages of their development and 3 of the guys haven't spent any (real) time at centre - 2 haven't even played first grade. I don't think we're in a position to have centre continue to be as weak as it is for another 1 or 2 seasons.

Reactions: Dankokoro 2.0

facefacts

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 26, 2012
That certainly has merit, and should always be the long-term view. But I think prudent recruitment(s) at the right time can have a massive impact. I'm think of guys like Campion, Carlaw - who weren't flashy signings but played very important roles in that team. The situation as it currently is is so dire (IMO) that we simply cannot properly compete with the top sides consistently. I think if we were to sign someone like a Matt King it would make the world of difference. The issue with solely relying on the young guns, like Hurrell, is they're all at different stages of their development and 3 of the guys haven't spent any (real) time at centre - 2 haven't even played first grade. I don't think we're in a position to have centre continue to be as weak as it is for another 1 or 2 seasons.

I would be all for an experienced center being recruited, they can certainly be more than useful, especially in such a young team.
But not a player like Jennings or Tate, their price tags are ridiculous...and just aren't worth it.
A Carlaw or King type player would be perfect, Berrigan was another, but just a bit small for center these days, but that level of player is ideal.

Upcoming Match

Penrith Panthers Central Coast Stadium

Last Game

07 Aug

26 - 22
6.5 Total Avg Rating
6.5 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 23 ratings