Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maori have a world leading track record for non violence in protest.

What's the difference?

Race.
‘Advertising for that event included two pistols with flags coming out of them. Asked if that was appropriate, Waititi said it was "provocative"

Non violent protest organised with guns on the advertising… hmmm 🫣

The main difference between the covid protests and any other protests in terms of disrupting Wellington or the area around parliament is the length of time.

Any other protest lasts a day. The covid protest ended up as an occupation. The length of time meant it was more disruptive.

‘Advertising for that event included two pistols with flags coming out of them. Asked if that was appropriate, Waititi said it was "provocative"

Not sure what you are inferring here, the protests went ahead without any violence as planned.

So the Maori party worked with National and got kicked out of parliament because of it, despite making gains for Maori that they more than likely wouldn't have, like this Act quoted. Now they are protesting because they aren't willing to work with National and they are making changes to this? I'm not sure even they know what they want?
They're protesting because the new coalition government are degenerating the language & seeking to minimise the governments obligations under the treaty.

The poster rightly points out how absurd it is for a new government to be peeling back legislation & progress made while the parties were previously in power.

Is it really that hard to understand?

On a positive note - at least they're not receiving funds from international groups looking to disrupt democracies like the protest you were so enamoured with.

These protests are only going to get worse - Being a "too much too soon" chap, I thought you would be able to see that?

Shane Jones: NZ Transport Association
Nicola Willis: NZ Transport Authority
Simeon Brown: NZ Transport Agency

But no, it's Māori confusing everyone 😂
Isn’t that clearer than a canoe on a road?

I guess the potholes will eventually join to rivers when it rains under Labour…

I just never got that one 🤷‍♂️

Potholes. Underfunding. To make the books look good. To pay for tax cuts. To pay for contractors who don't deliver and charge the earth. To fix roads that are underfunded. And around we go.

When two members of the coalition of chaos can't even get the name right, it's a bit embarrassing.

A person with an ounce of common sense would look up what Waka Kotahi meant if they didn't know, and most would remember it from then on. Or you know, see they are already displaying both Maori and English names as part of their logo.

1701748435099.png

I'm going with the smokescreen to walk back promises
I'm going for a mix of both smokescreen and some misleading book-keeping from Grant. Obviously there is always politicking from both sides. Given previous miscalculations, budget over runs and lack of delivery I would say its more weighted towards Grant not being straight ;)

I'm going for a mix of both smokescreen and some misleading book-keeping from Grant. Obviously there is always politicking from both sides. Given previous miscalculations, budget over runs and lack of delivery I would say its more weighted towards Grant not being straight ;)

That's what the PREFU is for. And it's all there. If this mob had misgivings they should have called it then. Otherwise, given their 100% lie rate, I'd say they're about to not tell the truth.

That's what the PREFU is for. And it's all there. If this mob had misgivings they should have called it then. Otherwise, given their 100% lie rate, I'd say they're about to not tell the truth.
Yup nothing to see here, just ignore the links 🤣 They have been called out, Seymour did almost straight away.

Given Grant's predeliction for spending, borrowing, miscalculating and blowing budgets it's not hard to see where the main issues lie.

He is easily the worst finance Minister we have had for a fair while.

Yup nothing to see here, just ignore the links 🤣 They have been called out, Seymour did almost straight away.

Given Grant's predeliction for spending, borrowing, miscalculating and blowing budgets it's not hard to see where the main issues lie.

He is easily the worst finance Minister we have had for a fair while.
Quickly being overtaken by the current one. Fiscal holes without actually naming them

Back