Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
That’s not entitlement at all?

To feel hard done by because Sean fucking O’Sullivan was picked ahead of you is completely warranted.

What has Sean O'Sullivan done is this league to give him right of passage?

If I’m Turner, that’s a kick in the teeth, given the player that we know Sean O'Sullivan is.
Paul Turner does not have a kicking game and is not an organising half.

This is not about what player you like over what player you do not like.

It is about what is best for the make up of the overall team.

Sean has been demoted now we have a kicking spine player in Walsh, he has hardlly been given special treatment at the Warriors.

Clearly the Warriors do not want to run out with one average feild kicker (Kodi) who can be shut down and isolated over this idea of throwing another snazzy runner out there to keep super coach fans happy bling bling.

Over the course of the seaon we are going nowhere if Kodi is the lone organiser and effective kicker, it just won't happen.

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013

Sean has been demoted now we have a kicking spine player in Walsh, he has hardlly been given special treatment at the Warriors.

Clearly the Warriors do not want to run out with one average feild kicker (Kodi) who can be shut down and isolated over this idea of throwing another snazzy runner out there to keep super coach fans happy bling bling.

Over the course of the seaon we are going nowhere if Kodi is the lone organiser and effective kicker, it just won't happen.
At the end of the day he’s a better overall player than Sean O'Sullivan.

And his kicking game is arguably better than what Sean O'Sullivan has shown lately tbf. I don’t know where this myth came from that Sean O'Sullivan can kick.

“Organiser” has become the latest buzz word on this forum. The fact is that Sean O'Sullivan will never have the athleticism to threaten a defensive line. It’s just not even close to NRL standard. That is way more concerning to me then Turner not being able “Organise”. It hurts all other aspects of his game (see Blake Green last year). Sean O'Sullivan has reached his ceiling as a fringe NRL player.

Sean O'Sullivan can’t improve his weaknesses because they are physical limitations. The idea is that Turner can more easily improve on the things he struggles with right now with experience (e.g. “organising” etc).

All this is speculation anyway regarding why he left, but I definately think he couldve been handled better this year.

You don’t just turn down more money from the team you are currently with unless something else is going on.

Last edited:

Mr Dragon

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2015

Kestrel84

Rippin' and a Tearin'
Contributor
Aug 26, 2017
Auckland
Not having a dig, but seems a pretty stupid argument to say that someone should feel hard done by because they weren't picked ahead of another player. That is a lame attitude.

I agree, they are different types of halves, and team make-up should come before individual ego.

Anyway, I hope that was not the reason Turner decided to leave. I'd say it has more to do with feeling ready for first grade, and seeing his position blocked by Kodi's extension / or Walsh in general.

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
New Plymouth
Sean O'Sullivan is also a talker (screamer, organiser of plays) I think a lot of our young development players are very quiet, humble and don't want to be seen as the swinging dick. PT to me fitted that mould.

Unfortunately for them, NRL requires a few ego driven, mouthy, natural playmakers. Fortunately for us, we now have one.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Juniors that feel hard done by for not being guaranteed a jersey can piss off and don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

This club is polluted by entitled Juniors.
Just look at how long young players stick around at the Storm. It is a free world, have to sort of wonder about his agent and "support crew".

Reactions: davo and TheSultan

ramps

1st Grade Fringe
May 2, 2013
Rarotonga, Cook Islands

Agree 100% if it had been kodi that got injured instead of Chanel Harris-Tavita then i bet we would have seen turner get a run ahead of Sean O'Sullivan. Turner just isnt an organiser, more of a running half. Definitely shouldnt have felt entitled.

ja_weez

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 3, 2018
I think we are looking at this at from the wrong perspective. I don't think it was a matter of Turner vs. Sean O'Sullivan but more Turner vs. Walsh.

It has been reported widely that Turners preferred position was fullback. It was also mentioned in interviews in preseason that the club (Brown or O'Sullivan can't remember) saw him as a fullback first but also someone that could play centre or 14.

If I'm Turner I'm pissed that the club has recruited from outside (and publicly) for Roger Tuivasa-Sheck replacement.

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019
Massive loss. POS obviously rates him. Courier reporting that the offer POS gave him was far larger than the one he signed with Titans.

I think a lot of this is to do with Brown playing Sean O'Sullivan over him when Chanel Harris-Tavita went down - massive slap in the face if you’re Turner.

Sean O'Sullivan has done sweet fuck all in the NRL up to this point. If I was Turner I would feel hard done by as well and want to jump ship.

This one hits different to the Hayze loss.
Did you just talk about the recruiters son? Check yourself fool! No bit seriously this does suck that he did not get picked over Sean O Sullivan, I get the whole 6 and 7 thing but Turner looked a bit of raw talent. Would of liked to see more of him but hope he makes a go of it where ever he goes.

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
New Plymouth
It has been reported widely that Turners preferred position was fullback. It was also mentioned in interviews in preseason that the club (Brown or O'Sullivan can't remember) saw him as a fullback first but also someone that could play centre or 14.
If that was the case he would have watched the last 2 games and thought holy fuck this new guy is a half and there's a spot for me at FB going forward.

His management team/support have the foresight of a blind man. Titans lol.

ja_weez

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 3, 2018
If that was the case he would have watched the last 2 games and thought holy fuck this new guy is a half and there's a spot for me at FB going forward.

His management team/support have the foresight of a blind man. Titans lol.
Totally! More likely to win the FB spot at the warriors vs the titans! Although Brimson is only contracted for this year and next year....

Seriously though, the wheels / negotiations on this would have been spinning for a while now

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019
I don't know why he would think that? I'm sure if he goes to the Titans that's not a walk into first grade. More then likely the botched trade from walsh was the final nail?

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings