Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Patrick Herbert

Patrick Herbert is a New Zealand rugby league footballer who plays for the New Zealand Warriors in the NRL. He primarily plays as a centre.

Herbert was born in Whakatane, New Zealand. He played junior rugby union for the Tamaki Rugby Club.

In 2015 Herbert made the switch to rugby league and signed with the St. George Illawarra Dragons. In 2016 he re-signed with the Dragons, keeping him with the club until at least the end of 2018. In 2018 he signed a three year deal with the New Zealand Warriors, effective from the 2019 season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Herbert

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
OCTOBER 27 2015 - 2:55PM
Dragons sign former Roosters player Taane Milne and under 20s Patrick Herbert
  • Paul Haigh
Retained: St George Illawarra under-20s outside back Patrick Herbert, right, playing for Corrimal against Thirroul in the Illawarra competition in 2015. Picture: Adam McLean.

Retained: St George Illawarra under-20s outside back Patrick Herbert, right, playing for Corrimal against Thirroul in the Illawarra competition in 2015. Picture: Adam McLean.

The Dragons have signed under-20s outside back Patrick Herbert, until the end of the 2017.

Herbert, 18, joined the Dragons from New Zealand this year, playing SG Ball under-18s with Illawarra before progressing to the Dragons under-20s squad.

“Patrick is an outstanding talent with a bright future. He can play fullback, wing and centre, has great speed and scored some brilliant tries this year,” said Mulholland.

‘‘He came to the club from a renowned rugby union school in Auckland where he was a target of Super Rugby franchises but he preferred to play league and he will spend some time training with the NRL Squad in the pre-season.’’

https://www.theleader.com.au/story/3450837/dragons-sign-former-roosters-player-taane-milne-and-under-20s-patrick-herbert/

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Herbert Re-Signs With Dragons
Thu 2 Jun 2016, 12:00 PM

The St George Illawarra Dragons announced on Thursday the re-signing of National Youth Competition team captain Patrick Herbert until at least the end of 2018.

The versatile Young Dragons captain, who can play on the wing or in the centres, is in his second season playing rugby league but impressed enough to be invited to train alongside the first-grade squad during the 2016 pre-season.

Herbert, 19, who has scored nine tries so far this season, was most recently selected into the Junior Kiwis team (2016) and is looking forward to continuing his development at the Club.

“I come from a rugby union background and the Dragons were the team I joined when I made the transition to rugby league so it was an easy decision to make when the time came to re-sign,” said Herbert.

“I am happy with the way my footy is coming along and that’s down to the development and guidance being shown to me as well as getting the opportunity to train with the first-grade team during the pre-season.”

Dragons Director of Rugby League Pathways Ian Millward is delighted by the Tamaki Rugby Club and St Kentiltern College junior’s decision to remain at the Club.

“Patrick is an exciting young player to watch and it is another positive sign to have him decide to continue his development here at the Dragons,” said Millward.

“He has improved by leaps and bounds playing rugby league in the short time he has been involved in the game and that was reflected by his selection into the Junior Kiwis earlier this season.

“Patrick is a very enthusiastic and hard-working young player who has a very positive future here at the Club.”

Herbert joins fellow National Youth Competition teammate Hame Sele (2018) in securing his future with the Club in recent weeks.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2016/06/02/herbert-re-signs-with-dragons/

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
New Fullback Herbert Happy with Dragons Reshuffle
Simon Masterton NSWRL.com.au
Sun 13 May 2018, 11:55 AM

You'd never have guessed it was Patrick Herbert's first game at fullback.

Last weekend, when the Dragons flyer took up the custodian role for the first time in senior Rugby League, he instantly looked like a seasoned veteran; with 223 metres, three try-asissts and a try, Herbert was the key man in the Dragons' big win over the Western Suburbs Magpies.

"I just got put into fullback (last week), so I had a week to prepare and really happy with where I'm at at the moment," Herbert told NSWRL.com.au after Saturday's 21-20 victory over the Bulldogs.

"I sort of played juniors there, but junior footy is not the same as this level.

"I'm new, but getting used to it. The biggest thing for me is probably fitness. There's a lot more running; you're running side to side all day and I just need to get more fit."

Patrick Herbert in action for the St George Illawarra Dragons.

Patrick Herbert in action for the St George Illawarra Dragons.©NRL Photos

The switch came as regular No.1 Jai Field was moved to five-eighth – and in Field having a much more prominent role in Saturday's win, the reshuffle appears to have paid off.

"'Fieldy' can play anywhere. He's one of those players that can just slot in and do as you ask – he's really good.

"A win's a win and especially in that sort of manner, to come from 16 points down and win by one point, it's outstanding."

After a mini-slump of three losses in four games, the Dragons appear to be back to their winning ways, with influential halfback Darren Nicholls also now back from injury. Their recent improvement will be tested next weekend when they face the Warriors, whom they lost to in Auckland just three weeks ago.

They'll face the New Zealand-based side in the Intrust Super Premiership's Magic Round, from 1pm next Saturday at Henson Park.

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Dragons confirm departure of five players
A further three players will depart the club alongside Leeson Ah Mau and Jason Nightingale
ZERO TACKLE
STAFF WRITERS
OCTOBER 3, 2018 - 8:47 PM

The St George Illawarra Dragons have confirmed a further three players will depart the club alongside Leeson Ah Mau and Jason Nightingale.

Ah Mau will join the New Zealand Warriors in 2019 on a three-year deal which was announced earlier this year. Ah Mau returns to the Warriors, after making his debut for the Kiwi club in 2009.

Nightingale has announced he will retire at the end of the year with the New Zealand international playing 12 seasons with the joint-venture club and will finish his career as a one-club player.

The club has also announced that Patrick Herbert, Reuben Garrick and Hame Sele will also not be returning to the club in 2019.

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Anyone know when Patty was signed? Seems to have just appeared at preseason with no announcement from the club.

Anyway, looks set to become Warrior #235 tomorrow. Baptism by fire...

Reaction score
playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
Reaction score
Another ex St Kents 1st XV player to play NRL

Reaction score
Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Herbs 'n' spicy
Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone know when Patty was signed? Seems to have just appeared at preseason with no announcement from the club.

Anyway, looks set to become Warrior #235 tomorrow. Baptism by fire...
He came as a pre-season train on with Milne as far as i'm aware. They were both signed into top 30 around the end of trials from memory, wasn't really an announcement I can think of.

Reaction score
jonno

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
This kid should get at least 2 years of full time first grade, without any fear of getting dropped.

Just like what Kata had.

But he'll probably get hooked straight after this game, so that the chosen one can step right back in and continue his shit show.

Reaction score
JBmurc

JBmurc

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
This kid should get at least 2 years of full time first grade, without any fear of getting dropped.

Just like what Kata had.

But he'll probably get hooked straight after this game, so that the chosen one can step right back in and continue his shit show.
And isn't this just the reason why so many up incoming players in the Warriors system go over to Aussie sides and kickass .. as they just don't get a fair run here play one FG game then bye bye... how the likes of Blair is still in the starting side is pure SK at his best ... couple weeks in NSW cup might well bring some form back in Blair woeful game

Reaction score
playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
Reaction score
Good to see that he’s had a good first half in his debut. A mate of mine told me that he had a real tough up bringing and St Kents / rugby ( both codes) have been his saviours to date.,

Top Bottom