• E

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F

Votes: 3 2.8%

• Total voters
jsmooove

jsmooove

if the warriors want to make some noise and change

nfc championship game last year the was pretty horrible call that cost the new orleans saints the game. well lack of a call. i mean the case will likely go no where but its brining attention to the bad refereeing

Reactions: 1 user
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
thing is if it is a 50/50 call shouldnt the wieght of the decision go on the attackers side? I know that benefit of the doubt isnt talked about anymore, but if there is an attacking play on, the reason the ref doesnt blow his whistle is to see where it ends up. Therefore a 50/50 call should allways go in favour of the attacking side, just in case a try is scored. Not being able to rule on it in the bunker means that in only these limited cases the rules favour the defending side, totally changing the point of what is happening on the field.

The limited cases are offside and forward pass. Both of which I can rule on watching the TV, so the bunker would defn be able to rule on.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay

thing is if it is a 50/50 call shouldnt the wieght of the decision go on the attackers side? I know that benefit of the doubt isnt talked about anymore, but if there is an attacking play on, the reason the ref doesnt blow his whistle is to see where it ends up. Therefore a 50/50 call should allways go in favour of the attacking side, just in case a try is scored. Not being able to rule on it in the bunker means that in only these limited cases the rules favour the defending side, totally changing the point of what is happening on the field.

The limited cases are offside and forward pass. Both of which I can rule on watching the TV, so the bunker would defn be able to rule on.
Pretty sure in Union the attacking side gets the benefit of the doubt, maul work in particular.

Reactions: 1 users
warriors55

warriors55

Advantage should always be with the attacking team.
It is hard enough to break modern day defenses in the NRL as it is without giving the defending team more advantage.

Reactions: 4 users
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Pretty sure in Union the attacking side gets the benefit of the doubt, maul work in particular.

Sort of- with mauls if they are going forward the attacking team will get the benefit, if it’s stagnant and not coming out the attacking side will lose it.
They’ve changed the try calls too similar to league in regards to the TMO with the ‘Try/No Try’ call and need conclusive evidence to overturn otherwise on field call stays

Reactions: 2 users
Horriors2013

Horriors2013

Watching nrl 360. Phil Rothfield saying the ref cost us the game. Kent and Ikin against him. Miracles never cease.

Reactions: 3 users
Horriors2013

Horriors2013

We need to have Hawkeye or that LIM system Annesley mentioned they are investigating. Kent saying we should have the captain's challenge like in cricket. But I agree with Phil. If a team loses a game because they have no challenge left and it's a howler, it's still not right. Kent saying that that's boring, creating more delays. But I think if every line ball was checked, then nobody can complain. If we have confidence in the bunker, the short time delay just adds tension for the crowd. And that's a good thing IMO.

Personally I've never had an issue with waiting for the bunker outcome. It's only when they can't see the obvious. They should be people with good eyes first and foremost.

Fearmuss

Fearmuss

I think going backwards out the hands with the TMO helping, union seems to deal with it fine without this fucking bunker shit.

Just copy rugby officiating, they seem to do better and their game is more complex.

the borg

TAB paying $1.05 Warriors will win the penalty count this week 😉
Yep wouldn't surprise me easy money .... but I bet those penalties will be given in our own half too .... where we cant score and the raiders get their allocated 2 or 3 right in front of the posts...
.. go figure....

Reactions: 3 users
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Yep wouldn't surprise me easy money .... but I bet those penalties will be given in our own half too .... where we cant score and the raiders get their allocated 2 or 3 right in front of the posts...
.. go figure....

Usually can’t stand Blockerbut he bought up this exact point on controversy corner saying penalty counts can be misleading as the important stat is where the penalties are awarded

Reactions: 4 users
Navigator

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
Usually can’t stand Blockerbut he bought up this exact point on controversy corner saying penalty counts can be misleading as the important stat is where the penalties are awarded
??????

wizards rage

wizards rage

Meaning 5 penalties on the 5th at halfway are more useful than 5 penalties on the first on your own 10m line. Yet the penalty count of 5-5 looks even
Sorta like they we are only the 4th equal most referred to the judiciary yet none of our players ever face fines - every single one has been a stand down offence

FuNQie

FuNQie

Like I said who do you want to argue against over a 50/50 call on live TV? The ever polite and placid Roger Tuivasa-Sheck or a mongrel Maloney that will put on the spot or a insanely talented wordsmith like Smith who will make you looks silly even when you've made the right decision. We have a part to play in being victims of unfair reffing. Its our fault we believe in fair and just sport when we don't apply that theory to our daily lives because we know better. So why carry on complaining about this shit when we know ourselves our captains need to be more clinical and SK needs to be more tactical to sway some of this shit in our favour as well. Its all a game even the game within the game and thats what were losing.
You’re right. And not only that, but if we believe that the refs are against us, if we put energy into that, then the Universe will serve up more of that, we’ll get more of the refs being against us. This is Law of Attraction 101.

• Haha
jonesy101

jonesy101

Just read that it took only 9 minutes for the judiciary to decide that Luke should not have his suspension downgraded after the lawyers had put forward their case. Strange, strange times.

Reactions: 1 user
HoRneT041

HoRneT041

Sorta like they we are only the 4th equal most referred to the judiciary yet none of our players ever face fines - every single one has been a stand down offence

Stats aside, I bet ‘knowing what’s coming’ with every warriors game, our team would be one of the most disciplined in the comp because we’re used to working twice as hard in keeping those referees interpretations down - they should no longer be called penalties just ‘interpretations’

The Truth

I'm betting a ref backlash will occur. We will once again be fucked out because the refs want to show who is in charge and won't be pressured. I think it will be more of the same shit. Refs are usually arrogant wankers who don't like to be told what to do.
Interesting to read Annesley is flying over to visit the warriors head office for a please explain.

drunk_monk

drunk_monk

Yip. When the Sharks game was lost with a massively forward pass and we kicked up a stink, the next week we got pinged for anything that smelt forward while our opponents got away with it. Kinda childish really.

Still fucking mad about the weekend