Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Not a fan of this. Was precisely why I didn’t buy a diesel for the road user hassle.
I agree.

I think an issue is how to charge hybrid petrol/ electric vehicles?

They pay through fuel but get free use while running on electric.

And if you make them pay road user charges they are double paying when they use fuel.

I agree.

And if you make them pay road user charges they are double paying when they use fuel.
I understand that but to enforce it on everyone when only a small fleet is electric is just another tax.

Divisive prick.
He's a former Minister for Maori Affairs back in his National days as well. The sooner we see the back of him the better.

There is always some group he wants to attack to create headlines and get votes.

In the past he was on about Chinese living here. Gets in office and gets his nice Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade role so he can travel and drink a lot and he's all good about China now as he needs to travel there.

I really hope we don't get another election where the nation votes and then we wait for Winston to decide.

So how do you ensure all vehicles are charged appropriately?
We all had that friend(s) who would run their car on empty as they forget, can't afford or be bothered to fill their car up. They will be the ones now that pick you up and notice the charge is going to cut it close for the trip your about to go on.

Putting a road user charge on EVs is fair enough as it is a bit of a hole at the moment.

Moving all cars might work well if it makes us less prone to flutuations in petrol prices. The enforcement will be another issue. A lot will just comply while others will take advantage of the petrol prices and not pay the charges. Yes there will be a way to record it like with diesel but there will be a lot that will take the risk. We have a lot of articles on how people are struggling with day-to-day expenses or paying at the pump. I can see a larger sum creating stress or being ignored.

After enduring a pandemic I'd like to see more focus on health policies.

A lot of arguing from both sides on hospital issues. Nurse's strikes, staff shortages, wait times, security required at hospitals. I haven't seen too much on solutions.

I'm not sure what it is like where the rest of you live for your doctors. We have my son in today. I was surprised we got him in as previously I've called to get an appointment and they will book me in a week or two from now. Well I likely won't be sick then.

I agree.

Diesel vehicles pay fuel tax per litre then RC's on top. To complicate it even more there are various classes especially for trucks. I hope EV' pay at least the diesel rate, sick of subsidising Tesla drivers and having to pay a ute tax.

OMG. Wellington expected to run out of water this summer. Infrastructure is fucked.
El Nino expected.
Everyone has their heads in the sand

OMG. Wellington expected to run out of water this summer. Infrastructure is fucked.
El Nino expected.
Everyone has their heads in the sand

Given all the pipes that have been springing leaks (and in some cases geysers) over the last however many years that take an age to fix, that's not surprising.

Latest Newshub Reid Research poll results…. Assuming the Maori Party win in electoral seat and NZ First don‘t pass the 5% threshold.
IMG_1131.jpeg

This poll is more what I hear in the community. It has defied logic that Labour could hold up in the 30’s for long. I seriously question who they actually poll…

E11980A2-7BB9-49A8-9CC0-6A390EE0F418.jpeg

Back