Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
If not a nightmare for opposing defenders, it would be a nightmare for Aussie commentators at least with Niukore and Nikora

Would obviously prefer a gun prop, but if the options are a top 5 second rower in Nikora, or a mid-tier prop, I’d be going to the former and wishing on a shooting star that Marata or a young guy can be the prop we need.
If anyone can, Niukore can. He's a beast.

I think it's time Tapine did a Jack Wighton.

OK, now that I've had my moan. I really think Utoikamanu and Papalii are our best options. Otherwise turn Pompey into a second rower and CHT into a lock lol.

CNK

DWZ
Berry/Leiautua
RTS
Montoya/Kosi

Metcalf/TMM
SJ

Afoa
Egan
Bennett
Niukore
Ford
Harris

CHT/Pompey
Walker
Jaz
Ale

IF we release AFB, we'll get someone who is likely better than any of our other props as a replacement, we just don't know who yet. But with Sirro and Curran gone we have a few spots up for grabs.. I think I'd go:

New prop
Egan
Barnett
Niukore
Ford
Tohu

Walker
Jazz
Ale
Zyon Maiu’u/Sifakula/other newbie

Surely there are some front rowers out there who have seen how we give anyone a chance who is willing to get their hands dirty and have a dig (a la Ford, Ale, Montoya) and will back themselves to become a starting prop for us. If I was a 110kg+ 23 year old no namer on the fringe of first grade, I'd already be on the phone to my manager

IF we release AFB, we'll get someone who is likely better than any of our other props as a replacement, we just don't know who yet. But with Sirro and Curran gone we have a few spots up for grabs.. I think I'd go:

New prop
Egan
Barnett
Niukore
Ford
Tohu

Walker
Jazz
Ale
Zyon Maiu’u/Sifakula/other newbie

Surely there are some front rowers out there who have seen how we give anyone a chance who is willing to get their hands dirty and have a dig (a la Ford, Ale, Montoya) and will back themselves to become a starting prop for us. If I was a 110kg+ 23 year old no namer on the fringe of first grade, I'd already be on the phone to my manager
I can get behind that thinking. Zyon Maiu’u and Sifakula are promising. Utoikamanu is the perfect fit I reckon. Add Ice and I'm suddenly in a good mood again lol

I can get behind that thinking. Zyon Maiu’u and Sifakula are promising. Utoikamanu is the perfect fit I reckon. Add Ice and I'm suddenly in a good mood again lol
Problem is that Sifakula has done his knee and likely won't be back until mid to late next year, unfortunately. Also, would Utoikamanu actually want to come here? I know he was born here but isn't he NSW through and through?

At least Jazz has his back!
Screenshot_20231102_211828_Instagram.jpg

After all those years wanting some grunt up front we had at one point AFB and Lodge. That didn't last long. Lodge left early, now it looks AFB will be going early as well.

We need to handle this replacement more like the Tomkins/RTS replacement and not the Johnson and eventually Nikorima replacement.

A big test for McFadden and Webster to see how they handle this and who they can get to come here. How enticing was our 2023 and will players be keen to come and play under Webster. If our turn around had a few more years behind it we'd be a bit more of an enticing proposition.

Likely won't find any New Zealanders who are home sick or need compassionate grounds as that would have come up earlier.

He will be hard to replace even with the cap space it would free up.

We are lucky that Blake is under long term contract, and even on compassionate grounds, we will want something in return.
The timing will never be right, but I guess we have the off season to sort out. I would think suitors have already been established and the chess game has begun.

I think a "swap" is very unlikely. They hardly happen in the NRL.
What we are more likely to get is a "replacement" similar to the Tomkins-RTS and Walsh-CNK release requests where the incoming player had no link to the team where the outgoing player ended up.

So even if AFB goes to the Dragons or Dogs, I'm looking to replace him with players who have had rumours around them leaving ie Saifiti, Taumalolo, Utoikamanu, Papalii etc. Could also be someone completely out of the blue if the right circumstances come up

Back