Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fucking Fisher-Harris baby! (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
I wonder if Briton Nikora would be keen on coming home?

If not a nightmare for opposing defenders, it would be a nightmare for Aussie commentators at least with Niukore and Nikora

Would obviously prefer a gun prop, but if the options are a top 5 second rower in Nikora, or a mid-tier prop, I’d be going to the former and wishing on a shooting star that Marata or a young guy can be the prop we need.

All Blacks lose a worldcup final. Kiwis get a hiding. Black Caps get a hiding. And the worst news yet, Addin wants to leave us. I can't see us getting a like for like in this scenario. There simply isn't anyone like him apart from Haas & Tino. And we're not getting them. I'm on the floor balled up in the fetal position as i type this 🤣

I wonder if Briton Nikora would be keen on coming home?
They don’t have many second rowers but plenty of front rowers, BHU and Hunt would provide some impact. Tough if it’s the bulldogs that he goes to because as far as anything in return, they don’t have much of what we need in terms of middles. Perhaps a Max King and Kikau trade proposed to take the mickey? They’ve got Preston and now Curran for edges.

If not a nightmare for opposing defenders, it would be a nightmare for Aussie commentators at least with Niukore and Nikora

Would obviously prefer a gun prop, but if the options are a top 5 second rower in Nikora, or a mid-tier prop, I’d be going to the former and wishing on a shooting star that Marata or a young guy can be the prop we need.

Nikora + Tracey (looking for more game time) for AFB would be an interesting swap. Or BHU + Nikora? I would hate to make the Sharks a contender, though. Would rather AFB goes to the Tigers or the Dragons.

I'm usually pro player. Short term careers & all that but this hits different.
AFB gets done for domestic abuse as a youngster & rightfully gets cut by the Dragons. Manly give him a lifeline & he then leaves them in the lurch 2 seasons early to move out of Sydney & "get away from bad influences from his past" whilst simultaneously getting a huge pay increase from the struggling Warriors. Now he wants to return to Sydney 3 seasons early?? Blokes a turncoat Kiwi too. Loyalty to clubs is now officially a rarity

Is Webster the coach most under pressure next year? 🤣 (jokes)
I think he is. It's a bit on the nose for fans: they sell a ton of season tickets on pre-sale, lock in the coach for 5 years, then let go our champion prop and our best second rower. We get RTS and CHT, but let's face it, neither have been playing league. The dream is over...back to bottom 8 for us. Sick of this shit from this club.

Utoikamanu probs the only option. Wiremu Greig and Neame resigned for their clubs. Nikora too expensive. If we pay that kind of money, let it be for an experienced, origin level prop, even C Walsh if we have to.

I think he is. It's a bit on the nose for fans: they sell a ton of season tickets on pre-sale, lock in the coach for 5 years, then let go our champion prop and our best second rower. We get RTS and CHT, but let's face it, neither have been playing league. The dream is over...back to bottom 8 for us. Sick of this shit from this club.
I see you have proceeded to the anger phase of the grieving process.

I'm usually pro player. Short term careers & all that but this hits different.
AFB gets done for domestic abuse as a youngster & rightfully gets cut by the Dragons. Manly give him a lifeline & he then leaves them in the lurch 2 seasons early to move out of Sydney & "get away from bad influences from his past" whilst simultaneously getting a huge pay increase from the struggling Warriors. Now he wants to return to Sydney 3 seasons early?? Blokes a turncoat Kiwi too. Loyalty to clubs is now officially a rarity
Perfectly summed up mate.

This one is hardly on the club, they did the right thing and signed afb up until end of 2026. He’s done the dirty on us

OK, now that I've had my moan. I really think Utoikamanu and Papalii are our best options. Otherwise turn Pompey into a second rower and CHT into a lock lol.

CNK

DWZ
Berry/Leiautua
RTS
Montoya/Kosi

Metcalf/TMM
SJ

Afoa
Egan
Bennett
Niukore
Ford
Harris

CHT/Pompey
Walker
Jaz
Ale

I am not that worried, it might actually help us in the medium term as we can rebalance our pack with a couple of above average props that can play the ball quick and stop other teams getting a roll on and offloading, even with AFB we couldn't achieve that.
To make that happen we need to be smart about how he leaves and what we get in return or what it sets us up for.