General Owen please, we need these players

Reaction score
warriors8

warriors8

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
If you were the coach, what players would you ask owen to get for 2013 or 2014 and why?

Also what players would you get rid of whose contracts are over 2013 or 2014.

IMO if we have a guy like Owen whos vision is for the Warriors to be a very successful club I would be making a list of players that I would want. Perrett would have been a great buy and I think the Warriors had the $ but didnt make a play for him. Hasler is a mastermind with buying Inu & Perrett and its paying off bigtime.

I dont personally think Bluey is that smart or hes to stubborn to realise when hes wrong.

All in all if I was coach and had an owner who was like "who do you want" I'd be licking my lips and be writing down lists....

Reaction score
tajhay

tajhay

On compassionate leave
Reaction score
forget players, if i were Owen Glenn, i would get a half decent coach. No point having fast/luxurious carriages on your railroad, if the rails dont go anywhere. Once that is set in stone, then target players.

As an aside, Mateo seems to be willing to extend his stay at the warriors if the 'price is right'.

Reaction score
LoachNZ

LoachNZ

Waterboy
Reaction score
maybe look at kerney as a assistant for next year? i think taj is on the right track we need to sort out the managing staff before we buy players..

i think kerney will be a good fit.. he rewards consistancy which i like

Reaction score

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Reaction score

Danpatmac

1. David Williams (Manly) - Wing
2. Joel Monaghan (Warrington) - Centre/Wing
3. Justin Poore (Eels) - Prop
4. Michael Crocker (Rabbitohs) - Lock
5. Kevin Naqaima (Knights) - Wing/Centre

just a few options.

I would be throwing money at Williams and Monaghan

Reaction score
Sebastian

Sebastian

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
This team is such a potenial force it's almost water torture. A great coach away, a few great wingers away, a mongrel/grub away from being a team that can match its junior team in results. I don't know which of any of those we need, or need the greater but i suppose i'll stick to my guns and say a Jeremy Smith type of player is just as, if not the most important. Whether we have to debut that sort of a player ourselves or we actually sign one, i don't know. I do know our props, centre's, halves, bench are/will be all there. Literally just a couple of good management decisions away from where we want to be. Which makes times like these, especially after last season, a absolutely tortuous path to be on.

Reaction score
Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Sonny Bill Williams would be top of my list.

It's a no brainer the Warriors Back Line would be much stronger with a ball playing attacking Center. Williams can tackle.

Jonathon Thurston Captain.

Israel Falau to the wing

Reaction score
Tyrael

Tyrael

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
David Stagg (Lock) seems decent.

I'd also agree with Williams, Monaghan, Quinn

Reaction score
jsmooove

jsmooove

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Craig Bellamy.

big on fitness and he will bring structure and discipline to the club.

Reaction score
Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Craig Bellamy.

big on fitness and he will bring structure and discipline to the club.
I can't stand the way that guy brings in every dirty tactic you can imagine or hide in paper bags.

Selling the soul to the devil material.

That's a tough one

Reaction score
jsmooove

jsmooove

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I can't stand the way that guy brings in every dirty tactic you can imagine or hide in paper bags.

That's a tough one
I know what you mean with the wrestling, but the guy runs his team in a prefessional manner. its what we need. he wont be matey with everyone. and he will bring agression to our fwd pack (maybe thats more of a hope than anything).

i remember in the offseason hearing an interview with him after a trial with brisbane. they won the game but it was high scoring. they were talking about how pleased he must be with the win. He basically turned around and said he was far from pleased as they let in a number of points etc. the game against newcastle this year melbourne let in a soft try in the 78the minute. they still won convincingly but he was far from happy about it. as was cameron smith who really gave it to his players on the field about playing 80 mins. that is the sort of culture i want for the warriors. none of this - well if they score id rather they did it out wide or what ever.

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Replace Maloney by bringing Lockyer out of retirement. I wish....

Reaction score
Xt1ncT

Xt1ncT

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score

That's a tough one
when was the last poor Storm side? I can't remember them finishing below us other than the salary cap year.

I'd take Bellyache in a heart beat he's that good a cloud coach!

Get his influence from the top down and we'd take some stopping IMO

As for players - Mognahan maybe, not Williams as he's always injured. IMO Smith is a bit too old and would cost too much for his age.

Reaction score
Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
when was the last poor Storm side? I can't remember them finishing below us other than the salary cap year.

I'd take Bellyache in a heart beat he's that good a cloud coach!

Get his influence from the top down and we'd take some stopping IMO

As for players - Mognahan maybe, not Williams as he's always injured. IMO Smith is a bit too old and would cost too much for his age.
Yep wouldn't argue Bellamy isn't a top coach.
I'd go for Bennett since he doesn't have the specter of all that cheating re the Storm trying all that grappling shyte and the Stigma of the culture of that outfit

Since when did those Storm wankers think that MMA fighters go two or three opponents on one so the victim gets pinned and can't rotate their body to the direction of the dick trying to rip their head or Arm out of its socket.

I want to win at all cost....almost

Reaction score
Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Smith and Naquaima would be realistic

Reaction score
insulinboi

insulinboi

U20's Player
Reaction score
Team for next year

1 Locke
2 *Best winger we can get*
3 Hurrell
4 Nielson
5 *Second best winger we can get*
6 Lueluai
7 Johnson
8 Lillyman
9 Friend
10 Matulino
11 Mateo
12 Mannering (c)
13 Taylor

14 Vatuvei
15 Ikahahifo
16 Packer
17 Rapira

Reaction score
Sir Bluey

Sir Bluey

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
only one player to get ...Jonathan Thurston

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
All well and good pretending to window shop but the reality is not many marquee players are going to up sticks, head across the ditch and put their Premiership aspirations and career in the hands of Bluey. TL is just coming home and wants another crack at NRL. Neilsen is chasing the money because Storm only pay the Top 3 top money and is hardly a marquee player. Prove me wrong if you want

Reaction score
mrblonde

mrblonde

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
New defensive coach. Pet bug bear....
Kearney as assistant maybe...Still not entirely sold on dumping or retaining McLennan/Iro but if I dumped one of them I'd ask Kearney if he was interested in being assistant. Don't think I'd be keen to make him coach at this point. Since we're talking Owen and his moolah he'd be assistant to an unknown, untried gentleman called Wayne Bennett.

Players:
Inu back if the Bulldogs realise they only want him if they're not actually having to pay for the privilege. And make him first choice kicker too. Locke as backup.
Hohaia. Manlove reasons, 'kay?!? Can we arrange for St Helens to go through the same financial meltdown Bradford are going through?
Just had a look at the Bradford team list - maybe we can some of them on the real cheap and cheerful....
Monaghan - yes but I'd keep him away from the peanut butter. And if he came within ten feet of any xxxxin' dog I'd get security to shoot 'im.
I guess Tate wouldn't come back now and he's getting on a bit but if he was keen I'd be keen.

Top Bottom