General Grand Final Preparations (Just in case)

Anybody quietly making preparations JUST IN CASE we make the Grand Final?

I've booked fully refundable flights, that were eye watering-ly expensive

And then Qantas launched the below sale (or I didnt notice this in time)

A trip on Air NZ was around $2k return.

I’m gonna wait until next year when we make it two in a row cause 1. I’m currently broke and need to save and 2. Don’t rate our chances even if we made it to the big dance …

Penrith’s our kryponite . We’re not ready to beat them right now…

• Haha
Reactions: CWC
Booked everything but flights (from Cairns). Unfortunately they have shot up and it will really hurt the bank account now. Hoping I can resell the GF tickets ok if it comes to that!

I’m gonna wait until next year when we make it two in a row cause 1. I’m currently broke and need to save and 2. Don’t rate our chances even if we made it to the big dance …

Penrith’s our kryponite . We’re not ready to beat them right now…
The thing I think about GF's if we make one, it might be 13 years till we make the next one. So IF WE make one I don't want to take it for granted (is my thinking)

We're definitely outsiders vs Broncs
We're definitely outsides vs Panthers

I know it would be pretty tight but flying out on Sunday morning from Auckland and returning a few days later is $600 with Qantas....

Pretty fooking good actually

Edit: okay I've just booked refundable accommodation a few km out from Accor, and got grand final tickets when they came out haha. In for a penny...

Last edited:
Wow ppl already got gf tickets? Patience guys...good idea to get flight and accommodation though as they will go up.

I put the cart before the horse as I always do and purchased tickets and flights for myself from Perth and my brother from Auckland on August 2nd the moment tickets were released.

Got diamond tickets close to half way, absolutely stoked.

Either going to look like an absolute idiot, or a genius who got cheap flights and amazing tickets.

Guess we will find out in 5 days 😂

How have you got tickets for the GF already? Are they only available for members of clubs? I have looked on the NRL website and it says opening soon...

I put the cart before the horse as I always do and purchased tickets and flights for myself from Perth and my brother from Auckland on August 2nd the moment tickets were released.

Either going to look like an absolute idiot, or a genius who got cheap flights and amazing tickets.

Diamond tickets are the way to go - pricey though. I think they're close to sold out.

Membership seats tend to be at the dead ball line

Well organized 👌

I got diamond tickets as well but pretty sure I am near the goaline. I bought them on release day but didn't think to get them asap and got them later that night. Terrible pricing to have the same almost the whole length of the field

Really smart business from Qantas.

I got diamond tickets as well but pretty sure I am near the goaline. I bought them on release day but didn't think to get them asap and got them later that night. Terrible pricing to have the same almost the whole length of the field
There's diamonds still available around halfway!

Screenshot_20230918-235143_Chrome.jpg

Back