Player Omar Slaimankhel

Reaction score

slaughterhouse.sa

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
What is he doing next season?
I hear rumours of him signing with souths but now looking at Rebels and Japanese Rugby.
I say get rid of him.

If we are pushing on to the last couple rounds of the season, either announce his signing.
or get rid of him as he is just holding up development spots for other juniors.

Ackland has made him into a superstar...If I was his coach, I would coach the big-headed self-fishness out of of his game, not feed it.
He comes down to juniors he plays so blaise, I wouldnt be suprised if he one of least like players in the 20s.

They had a tap penalty about 6m out from sharks, rightfully havili comes to grab the ball - gets pushed back from Omar a few times. Just for Omar to ignore and go for some stupid bargeover attempt.
Havili should of put him in his place.

Mt albert just made the fox final....let him finish the season there.
Bring back lolohea - who will be here for another season at least.

Reaction score
Moz

Moz

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
where would he play at the rabbits all there outside backs would shit all over him

Reaction score

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
where would he play at the rabbits all there outside back would shit all over him
too true. They've got so much outside back talent there now that theyve put "Lightning" McQueen in the forwards and he was a pretty bloody good winger. Tall with pace, power and footwork.

Reaction score

facefacts

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
too true. They've got so much outside back talent there now that theyve put "Lightning" McQueen in the forwards and he was a pretty bloody good winger. Tall with pace, power and footwork.

Going by Souths squad in comparison with ours, we must have millions spare under the cap...the difference is ludicrous.

Reaction score
Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Are both Slimey and Carlos off contract next season (but good enough for our NRL team this year?)

Reaction score
Hitman82

Hitman82

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Are both Slimey and Carlos off contract next season (but good enough for our NRL team this year?)
I'd like to keep Carlos, based on parts of his game yesterday.
But we need more experience, and if that means losing a few promising young players, that's fine.

Reaction score
Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
How can we be umming and arring about offering them contracts and yet throw them into first grade???????

Reaction score
Hitman82

Hitman82

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Reaction score
Jah

Jah

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
let him go no loss IMO don't think hes 1st grade material at all

Reaction score
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
What is he doing next season?
I hear rumours of him signing with souths but now looking at Rebels and Japanese Rugby.
I say get rid of him.

If we are pushing on to the last couple rounds of the season, either announce his signing.
or get rid of him as he is just holding up development spots for other juniors.

Ackland has made him into a superstar...If I was his coach, I would coach the big-headed self-fishness out of of his game, not feed it.
He comes down to juniors he plays so blaise, I wouldnt be suprised if he one of least like players in the 20s.

They had a tap penalty about 6m out from sharks, rightfully havili comes to grab the ball - gets pushed back from Omar a few times. Just for Omar to ignore and go for some stupid bargeover attempt.
Havili should of put him in his place.

Mt albert just made the fox final....let him finish the season there.
Bring back lolohea - who will be here for another season at least.
I didn't manage to see the juniors game this week. I hear they got trashed.

Weren't you the one saying he was definitely signed to either the Rabbits or the Rebels already, just needs to be announced?

I am a big fan of his. I like him (as I say, I didn't see the game, so can't comment on what went on there), and think he has first grade potential. I don't take a lot out of how our juniors have stepped up in first grade so far. Our gameplan, or lack of, hasn't really allowed for too many debutants to make a big splash. I feel Omar's speed has been severely damaged this year. His leg injuries have caused this and this has made him look painfully slow. If he were to spend a bit of time in either the juniors or the Vulcans at wing to reacclimatise himself to the role, and recover fully from his leg issues, he could return as a decent winger.

I accept he may have made a selfish and foolish mistake in the weekends game, but how many times have we watched the same move from Lewis Brown on the last tackle? It is a immature and ill-thought out maneuvre to barge over from dummy half (or take a tap and run barge over attempt) if it doesn't pay off, but when it works people love the move.

I hope the club seriously consider retaining him next year. I believe Fish will never become a real first-grader and we therefore have no cover at all at fullback if Locke goes down. With Omar brought as a winger (provided we can get him a centre who can spread the ball), he will also give us cover should the worst happen to Locke. And perhaps Omar could perform well enough at wing to push Billy Tupou out the door.

Reaction score
HD

HD

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Isn't McQueen off contract at the end of the season, too?

Reaction score

slaughterhouse.sa

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Omar is off to japanese rugby ..
hence why he isnt playing this week

Reaction score

slaughterhouse.sa

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
not 100% sure
But he clearly fancies himself and found how hard reall football is.

I wouldnt be suprised if he is japan right now shopping himself around
must have a good manager

Reaction score
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Omar is off to japanese rugby ..
hence why he isnt playing this week
Is this just rumour or is there actually some basis for this? A week ago he was going to Souths of the Rebels.

I personally think it will be a missed opportunity if the Warriors let him go. Without injury and debutting in a successful team, he could have kicked on in first grade.

Reaction score

slaughterhouse.sa

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Is this just rumour or is there actually some basis for this? A week ago he was going to Souths of the Rebels.

I personally think it will be a missed opportunity if the Warriors let him go. Without injury and debutting in a successful team, he could have kicked on in first grade.
That is what he was telling people. re south/rebels
But check his passport if you want.....he might still be over there now. He aint playing for any team

lol nigmah you forever crack me up ...without injury and debuting in a succesfuol team, he could of kicked on
what rubbish

If had worked hard or if they had no let his head get so big then he could of being a good player.

He aint going to be a good rugby or league player, if he goes to japan

Reaction score
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
That is what he was telling people. re south/rebels
But check his passport if you want.....he might still be over there now. He aint playing for any team

lol nigmah you forever crack me up ...without injury and debuting in a succesfuol team, he could of kicked on
what rubbish

If had worked hard or if they had no let his head get so big then he could of being a good player.

He aint going to be a good rugby or league player, if he goes to japan
So your saying he had no chance to succeed in first grade? Are you saying without his run of leg injuries, he would have still been too slow for the wing? Are you saying he was never a good winger in U20s? Perhaps you have seen more of him, but for the past 2 1/2 years watching almost all the televised Juniors games, he never struck me as being the big loser you seem to think he is. I find it hard to beleive he had no talent and yet managed to score at more than a try a game for over 2 years. Perhaps he isn't up to first grade, but he was never going to become a regular first grader outside Ben Henry (the centre incapable of spreading the ball or allowing space for his winger) and in a team that are in an incredibly deep rut and with amazing defensive frailties (I'm sure some will blame his defence for the weakness on the edge, but every other winger we have had in the past few years has made exactly the same bad reads and defensive errors, so in my view must be a team problem as opposed to an individual one). His leg injuries have also limited his chance of success.

We have had plenty of other players with big heads who have gone on to succeed or failed for reasons unrelated to their arrogance. Kevin Locke, Glen Fisiiahi, Shaun Johnson (according to some recent ruomours and hearsay, also matches my opinion based on some of his entrances at the games), Lewis Brown (in my opinion) just to name a few current egotists. I don't think arrogance could have caused him to decline in ability.

Reaction score

slaughterhouse.sa

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
So your saying he had no chance to succeed in first grade? Are you saying without his run of leg injuries, he would have still been too slow for the wing? Are you saying he was never a good winger in U20s? Perhaps you have seen more of him, but for the past 2 1/2 years watching almost all the televised Juniors games, he never struck me as being the big loser you seem to think he is. I find it hard to beleive he had no talent and yet managed to score at more than a try a game for over 2 years. Perhaps he isn't up to first grade, but he was never going to become a regular first grader outside Ben Henry (the centre incapable of spreading the ball or allowing space for his winger) and in a team that are in an incredibly deep rut and with amazing defensive frailties (I'm sure some will blame his defence for the weakness on the edge, but every other winger we have had in the past few years has made exactly the same bad reads and defensive errors, so in my view must be a team problem as opposed to an individual one). His leg injuries have also limited his chance of success.

We have had plenty of other players with big heads who have gone on to succeed or failed for reasons unrelated to their arrogance. Kevin Locke, Glen Fisiiahi, Shaun Johnson (according to some recent ruomours and hearsay, also matches my opinion based on some of his entrances at the games), Lewis Brown (in my opinion) just to name a few current egotists. I don't think arrogance could have caused him to decline in ability.
its not about being to slow for a wing....its his attitude and/or understanding of the game and what required for the team as opposed to himself.
Its not even about talent as you should no. . . and dont make excuses for him.
He got exposed for fundamental mistakes. ..time and time again and no he is trying to get out of the club.(shifting blame)

I might seem like a hater...but it is because he is one of the biggest examples on whats wrong with the club

and yes i am saying all of the above.....not arrogant but I think i have a better understanding of the game compared to you
you sound nothing more than a fanboy /fangirl.

Pita hiku might have not being rated by the warriors ...but twice the player that slaimankhel is
If they offered him a minimum wage contract they could of kept him imo

I bet they offered him a training deal or vulcans contract lmao.
Now they are going to have to offer 100k to a journey man winger

Ego.. . . definately restricted his development
remember it aint about talent its about application....

Reaction score
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
I might seem like a hater...but it is because he is one of the biggest examples on whats wrong with the club

and yes i am saying all of the above.....not arrogant but I think i have a better understanding of the game compared to you
you sound nothing more than a fanboy /fangirl.
He is no different to the other big noted players to come through the grades. Shaun Johnson and Glen Fisiiahi have done exactly what you accuse Omar of.

I still believe he has it in him to do well for the club, but it would seem with all the rumours about his future it was plain to see that he didn't have a chance of getting a contract (perhaps he already knows this and doesn't care enough to try to earn the jersey, or his pride and ego has got in the way). There is no way he would push for the #1 jersey (and that is as it should be) but he should have had a fair shot at the wing spot and FB cover. But alas no one will ever surpass the great Billy Tupou for his jersey, so the only place for him is to replace Manu. No way that will happen without him delivering amazing performances week in, week out at whatever grade he is in, as well as Manu breaking a leg.

I don't understand why, if he is a potential first grade winger at the club, that they haven't bothered to play him on the wing, or at least run him in the Vulcans first. I really think the defensive nouse he showed last year should have helped him this year, so wonder why we are incapable of coaching wing defence.

I love the way a few of the bigger mouths on this site pull out the old "fanboy" insult to anyone they disagree with. I really couldn't give a shit how much more you think you know than me. You are some anonymous internet know-it-all just like me and every other member of this site. I am a fan of the club (even with the embarrassment of this season to add to our list of humiliating years of 2000, 2004, 2009) and I am male, so I guess technically I am a "fan-boy", so I'll take your label if you feel it neccessary, but I think you should perhaps take the arrogant label that you are trying to renounce, as anyone who pulls out the old "I know more than you" is nothing more than an arrogant blow-hard.

Top Bottom