General Oh No

Penpal

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 22, 2014
For all the positive ones, consider this. The issue is it was the established NRL players making errors and missing tackles not the young kids. It's not so much losing nines games it's an attitude thing, especially when you're meant to be proving attitude is not the problem and winning back the fans trust

Poihakena

Warriors Bench Player
Jun 30, 2013
Glasgow
For all the positive ones, consider this. The issue is it was the established NRL players making errors and missing tackles not the young kids. It's not so much losing nines games it's an attitude thing, especially when you're meant to be proving attitude is not the problem and winning back the fans trust
As long as the young boys don't pick up bad habits from the established players. That's the big danger.

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
According to commentary on Fox, the uber driver who was suppose to take them to grounds for them before game took them to the wrong stadium. The New Zealand Warriors curse continues.

That and according to people on Reddit, Stacey Jones halftime speech in our last NRL 9's game was "Stop Being Shit" and was caught on camera. Me, I didn't see it myself but true, that says it all doesn't it?

☹
So:
They use Uber.
Jones' Churchillian "We shall fight them on the beaches" speech: "Stop being shit." Er, great leader, precisely how?
I bet - but admittedly have no proof - that the club used Uber Eats (if they used Uber, it follows) for dinner. They, like Uber, are crap, have a lousy reputation and are just killing time until they go bung (JFGI, Uber loses millions per quarter but the cool cats love 'em for some weird reason).

So how big is the smile on SK's mug going to be? The Process Has Not Been Replaced Um, Y'know, Um...

j-bob

1st Grade Fringe
May 21, 2014
Meh... Its the nines.

Who cares.

Its an unnecessary injury risk that does nothing but interrupt pre season training.

Rick O'Shay

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
May 1, 2013
In both our games it looked to me like the players were more interested in thinking about what they were going to get up to over in Northbridge after the game.

Couple of things;

Disappointing that most of the young guys didn't (or couldn't) show off their supposedly blistering pace and twinkle toe moves. The knights youngsters had it in spades

Loved Stace's "Don't be shit" but he forgot the club's motto. He should have said "You are All In shit" Lots of ways to interpret that.

With the prize money at stake (Is it a Mil?) I would have thought an astute businessman like Mr R wouldn't mind that in his back pocket.

I guess my usual preseason expectations were far too high once again but it would be really nice for us to play any sort of format of the game and actually dominate.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
With the prize money at stake (Is it a Mil?) I would have thought an astute businessman like Mr R wouldn't mind that in his back pocket.
Throw in some of our superstars and we had a 1/16th chance of winning 1m dollars.

Great odds to have a go if your all in!

Reactions: fizurg

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
I agree the effort shown by all was shocking and can make no excuses for it.
I also think the nines has evolved since the last tournament in 2017, there has only been an international 9s World Cup since. I thought we went out and tried to play like it was rugby sevens where every other team played a more structured game. I actually found the tournament boring up until the semi finals last night when a fast game emerged.
Just like any good defence you need to make a wall against your opposition and any staggering in that line creates chinks in your armour but I agree the effort shown and ease in which offloads against us occurred was poor.
In saying that I feel better than the Broncos fans must after taking a stacked team with their new saviour in Croft and not showing many signs of progress.
I hope the trials give us all a bit more optimism.

tajhay

Hands up if you are a shit coach
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Throw in some of our superstars and we had a 1/16th chance of winning 1m dollars.

Great odds to have a go if your all in!
We have no hope of winning that.

9s Winners get 250k
Nrl Premiers get 400k

If the same team wins both, the NRL gives them another bonus of 350k, taking it to 1 million.

It's often being reported that NRL 9s winners alone get 1 mill, but that is incorrect.

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
How did the young blokes look, the likes of Frei.

JBmurc

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2013
Central Otago
Yes really going to be hard again this year...thinking best to follow both my fav teams Raiders + WAR .. one with a great rooster that should make the TOP4 the other any wins will be brilliant and if we don't win the wooden spoon will be a positive