Think of us like this;
View attachment 17242
When I think of you two as Muppets, this is more what comes to mind

skeeterskeet_zps744d2bab.jpg

bruce

Contributor
And I have to ask myself why the All Blacks changed their tradition of sacking losing Coaches and gave Graham Henry the job again only for him to set up the current winning structure and win the world cup and his assistant to become the next coach and win back to back.
Graham Henry never was anything but a politician. He inherited a great Auckland side, and that was after organising a backstabbing campaign to get rid of the incumbents, then fluked a contract in Wales where he was nowhere near as good or popular as he would make out. He had the good fortune to have Hansen and Wayne Smith happy to work under him. When they got to work on their own the team really took off.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Graham Henry never was anything but a politician. He inherited a great Auckland side, and that was after organising a backstabbing campaign to get rid of the incumbents, then fluked a contract in Wales where he was nowhere near as good or popular as he would make out. He had the good fortune to have Hansen and Wayne Smith happy to work under him. When they got to work on their own the team really took off.
Sorry but what a crock of shit. Graham Henry was a fine coach. And he was popular in Wales. Very popular. He was known there as the Great Redeemer...

bruce

Contributor
Graham Henry was a fine coach.
Do you know anybody that played under him? The former CEO of the WRU actually tried to get Hansen to go for the top job while Henry still had it. I think the Great Redeemer thing came from the press. He almost cost us the 2011 RWC by asking Donald to bring some whitebait to the hotel. Then he left it in the fridge to go off, Weepu made some whitebait fritters from it, got sick and it almost cost us the game. Ask anybody in the know, if he didn't have Hansen and Smith supporting him history would be very different.

bruce

Contributor
Fluked 4 straight NPC titles, 1996 and 1997 Super 12, lost in the 1998 Grand Final, was the defence coach in the Blues only other title in 2003 and won the 2011 RWC. All a fluke of course...
Auckland and NZ rugby was very different then. He inherited a great side that had been built by previous coaches. He backstabbed them to get the job. That is no secret. He would be one of the most over rated coaches ever. John Monie would be similar IMO.

Inruin

Contributor
Fluked 4 straight NPC titles, 1996 and 1997 Super 12, lost in the 1998 Grand Final, was the defence coach in the Blues only other title in 2003 and won the 2011 RWC. All a fluke of course...
sure if you want to spin it that way.......
Do you know anybody that played under him? The former CEO of the WRU actually tried to get Hansen to go for the top job while Henry still had it. I think the Great Redeemer thing came from the press. He almost cost us the 2011 RWC by asking Donald to bring some whitebait to the hotel. Then he left it in the fridge to go off, Weepu made some whitebait fritters from it, got sick and it almost cost us the game. Ask anybody in the know, if he didn't have Hansen and Smith supporting him history would be very different.
I do. Highly regarded.

But you are right, he should have kept an eye on the food storage procedures being used by players.....

• Haha
Reactions: kavafred
Wales were thrashed 96 to 13 to South Africa and a year later with Henry as coach they beat South Africa. He had a run of 11 victories with a side that were terrible. Thats a pretty big coaching turnaround. . Im putting an asterix by your name when you comment on future Warrior coaches. Is it just a hate of ex Auckland coaches? Did your people "in the know " like Deans...... Anyhow. It would be great if league had a few more coaching options to pick from. Especially NZ league. We have half the top players yet barely any good coaches? Surely some start coming through that analyse the game in a Smith ,Rennie or Hasler way. Here hoping that Cappy finds his way to being a top coach. I find it tricky to believe and I guess now the players probably think that too after a run of half a year losing. Can our players even remember the victory song? Surely we rise up on Monday. Its Easter..why not.

bruce

Contributor
Im putting an asterix by your name when you comment on future Warrior coaches.
Thank you, should I be impressed or not?
Is it just a hate of ex Auckland coaches?
What are you on?
id your people "in the know " like Deans
One of the comments came from David Moffett, former head of the NZRFU, NRL and WRFU. He was speaking on Radio Sport to Brendan Telfer some time ago. He did not hide his dislike for Henry and said he actually tried to get Hansen to take the Welsh job over Henry but he would not do it. I have also heard from players, one Welsh, who played under him and the comments were similar. When a former boss rubbishes him openly on the radio, I would say the message is clear, he didn't rate him at all.

You don't achieve what Henry has without having Coaching chops. A Head Coach has to have two main skills. An ability to learn from mistakes and good man management skills.

After the 2007 RWC debacle the NZRFU had a choice of Henry or Deans. The deciding factors were that Henry admitted to past mistakes and presented a cogent plan to move forward. Basically saying the work wasn't done.

The second factor, and this is where the Warriors need to heed, is that Henry had settled support staff which generally stuck with him. Whereas Deans was always chopping and changing. They wanted a settled team at the top so although unpopular Henry got the job.

I would be more worried about a Coach that tried to be popular with everyone. Cappy didn't send down the instruction to go for a field goal. If he is any good he won't make that mistake again. Blaming Cappy for all our woes is simplistic. Sacking him will achieve precisely nothing.

Reactions: tajhay and OMG

bruce

Contributor
fter the 2007 RWC debacle the NZRFU had a choice of Henry or Deans. The deciding factors were that Henry admitted to past mistakes and presented a cogent plan to move forward. Basically saying the work wasn't done.
A politician. He is a former headmaster, the smoothest talkers of the lot. Deans didn't have much of a plan and no support staff lined up. Henry was cunning enough to have Smith and Hansen, arguably two of the finest around. The NZRFU could have saved themselves a salary and just appointed Hansen and Smith, they did in the end anyway and see what happened.
They wanted a settled team at the top so although unpopular Henry got the job.
Thank you, I rest my case;)

A politician. He is a former headmaster, the smoothest talkers of the lot. Deans didn't have much of a plan and no support staff lined up. Henry was cunning enough to have Smith and Hansen, arguably two of the finest around. The NZRFU could have saved themselves a salary and just appointed Hansen and Smith, they did in the end anyway and see what happened.

Thank you, I rest my case;)

At the time it was an unpopular choice. What the NZRFU learnt was changing Coaches should not be automatic after poor performance, as long as planning is in place.

I rest my case.

One of the comments came from David Moffett, former head of the NZRFU, NRL and WRFU. He was speaking on Radio Sport to Brendan Telfer some time ago. He did not hide his dislike for Henry and said he actually tried to get Hansen to take the Welsh job over Henry but he would not do it. I have also heard from players, one Welsh, who played under him and the comments were similar. When a former boss rubbishes him openly on the radio, I would say the message is clear, he didn't rate him at all.

So is David Moffett the person you claim to know and have spoken to because you heard him on talkback? If it is that hardly means you have inside information. Moffett himself is a cock, he is the same dick while in charge of union made the statement that league was nothing more than "five tackles and a kick.' A strange comment from a man that was in charge of a game that had no tackles and a kick. Then when he signed to the NRL he comes out and says he was always a league fan. He's also the same cock than was in charge of the NRL when Ali was sent off for a non high tackle and the officials were heard joking about it about. His reaction to dodgy refereeing was to rip into Trevor McEwen for listening to the refs talking during half time while in the tv commentary room.

Reactions: Miket12

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
So is David Moffett the person you claim to know and have spoken to because you heard him on talkback? If it is that hardly means you have inside information. Moffett himself is a cock, he is the same dick while in charge of union made the statement that league was nothing more than "five tackles and a kick.' A strange comment from a man that was in charge of a game that had no tackles and a kick. Then when he signed to the NRL he comes out and says he was always a league fan. He's also the same cock than was in charge of the NRL when Ali was sent off for a non high tackle and the officials were heard joking about it about. His reaction to dodgy refereeing was to rip into Trevor McEwen for listening to the refs talking during half time while in the tv commentary room.
Wasting your time mate. bruce bruce doesnt care whether anythings true or not...