Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
Lose Capewell and the Broncos only have 2, maybe 3 second rowers, so I doubt it's him.

My first thought was the Cowboys because they have a ton of forward (especially second row) prospects squeezed into the team who will soon need upgrades, or the Roosters who re-signed JWH and Tupou when they weren't expecting to and this may have caused a squeeze.

Chances are this is one of those rumours that comes to nothing though or can later be claimed the second somebody signs with someone because RL in general is very vague on what constitutes a "star".
Get real Jag, since when have the rorters ever had cap issues?:ROFLMAO:

Lose Capewell and the Broncos only have 2, maybe 3 second rowers, so I doubt it's him.

My first thought was the Cowboys because they have a ton of forward (especially second row) prospects squeezed into the team who will soon need upgrades, or the Roosters who re-signed JWH and Tupou when they weren't expecting to and this may have caused a squeeze.

Chances are this is one of those rumours that comes to nothing though or can later be claimed the second somebody signs with someone because RL in general is very vague on what constitutes a "star".
Could very well be JWH to accommodate Terrell May.

If we even get a halfway decent prop we're so good for 2024 with Capewell.

Just need Egan not to get concussed and we gucci.
I think he can cop concussion now. As CHT might jump Lussick for a better kicking game from dummy. Im not sure if Lussick can even kick never seen him attempt the act.

Also only basing CHT kicking on him being a half.

I like the idea of 2 non marquees. But they gotta be abvoe avg typed non marquee. Like say Twal and Luke Thompson but the latter went home.

I'd try Cappy connections and raid the aussie capital. They seem to pull big forwards with go forqard out of thin air.

CHT is rated highly on this forum in the halves pecking order and maybe as someone able to make the switch to hooker.
He has had a year off. Has anyone seen him training or have inside knowledge that he will be as good or better than he was before he left?

The year off to reset the mind I feel can only be a positive.

Not like he is coming off a big injury layoff.

As far as being better? My take is that Webby has shown to improve all players - I suspect we will see the same CHT

As far as being better? My take is that Webby has shown to improve all players - I suspect we will see the same CHT
Pretty sure its been said that webby tried to change CHT's mind and stay for this year. CHT is exactly the player that webby loves - all effort. he has gotten the best out of those type of players we have like CNK, Ford, barnett, Jazz (pre-injury) and not to mention Kosi who most thought should nnever touch a ball again

To add on if you have a look at his career history he's Been very unlucky with his development.
Viewed as Shaun Johnson's long term replacement without actually getting to play along side him from memory.

Then stuck in Australia during covid which was very hard on the whole team in hindsight. During the 4 years he was here the whole team was playing pretty average at best tbh with a few exceptions.

Multiple halves partners I assume and 4 different coaches who all would've had their own ideas and views on how to utilize him.

To add on if you have a look at his career history he's Been very unlucky with his development.
Viewed as Shaun Johnson's long term replacement without actually getting to play along side him from memory.

Then stuck in Australia during covid which was very hard on the whole team in hindsight. During the 4 years he was here the whole team was playing pretty average at best tbh with a few exceptions.

Multiple halves partners I assume and 4 different coaches who all would've had their own ideas and views on how to utilize him.

Also all the pressure of being the next SJ added onto that.

Dave Riccio is right. The experience he brings will be invaluable in the long-term. He has as much to do with the Brisbane development over the last few years as Reynolds. Exactly the sort of leader we need as we usher in our young talent moving forward.

Back