General [official] Music Discussion Thread.

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 2, 2017
Lancashire, England
Classic production...pure class. Haven't watched it for years though.
Not as good as it was. Many a decent drama writer cut their teeth on Coronation Street in years gone by.

Quite a few people in it live in the area around me, you see them occasionally at the shops on a Saturday. The Rosie Webster character was played by the daughter of someone I used to work with, never met her though.

Reactions: bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 2, 2017
Lancashire, England
Archie Street is no more
Although there are expensive leafy areas around Monton and Worsley, Salford has mostly been a bit grim since the day it was built. The local poet John Cooper Clarke said as a child all he aspired to do was leave the place as soon as he was old enough to steal a car.

A lot of private housing high rise development is spreading out from central Manchester into Salford now and it’s a rapidly changing place

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Always felt they tried too hard to be the Beatles, as most did at the time to be fair.
They were dreaming.

True pros know the Beatles were special.

By that I mean people like Bjorn Ulvaeus and Benny Anderson, and Graham Nash, just for starters. Those duded knew how to write a song and they were in awe of the Beatles.

Reactions: Noitall

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
They were dreaming.

True pros know the Beatles were special.

By that I mean people like Bjorn Ulvaeus and Benny Anderson, and Graham Nash, just for starters. Those duded knew how to write a song and they were in awe of the Beatles.

Not that many great groups that had multiple songwriters like the Beatles. The Eagles, Queen, Fleetwood Mac, the Stones are there although it was Jagger/Richards.

• Love

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Not that many great groups that had multiple songwriters like the Beatles
In the first couple of years after they broke up they sold more records as a total for the four individuals than they did as a group.

One of the reasons why George wanted to leave was because he had 20 songs written in 1969 but he could only put 2 on an album.

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
It was a 'what might of happened moment', George and John were talking about doing their solo stuff and coming together occasionally to do Beatles projects. When Paul heard about it years later he thought it was a great idea.

Reactions: bruce and Noitall

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
When Paul heard about it years later he thought it was a great idea.
Peter Jackson told him...he found the discussion on film...Paul seemed shocked when Jackson told him...

However as an example the Eagles did better after they broke up...or Henley and Frey did anyway. Henley came out with some great stuff:

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
Peter Jackson told him...he found the discussion on film...Paul seemed shocked when Jackson told him...

However as an example the Eagles did better after they broke up...or Henley and Frey did anyway. Henley came out with some great stuff:

Henley and Frey were fairly cutthroat when the band reunited. Because their careers were fairly successful as solo artists, they negotiated a bigger percentage than the rest of the band. Walsh had success also with some hits and producing a herbs album among other things, but not the success of the other two.

Reactions: Defence and Inruin

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Henley and Frey were fairly cutthroat when the band reunited.
Cut throat is a very mild world. They were both a couple of genuine hard bastards. Great musicians though.

Joe Walsh was hampered by drugs and alcohol. I think the Herbs guys helped him get off the mind altering substances.

From all accounts a very funny guy, especially when pissed, with a chainsaw, in a hotel room!!

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
merry christmas Bruce you grumpy old champion

Mark well what followed and what did betide on the very first christmas morning -Gospel of Mark

Last I knew, he was a Jew;)
merry christmas Bruce you grumpy old champion
No need to grovel just because I am always right;)...you will just have to find a subject I know nothing about...hint...AFL:D

• Haha
Reactions: Worried2Death

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings