General [official] Music Discussion Thread.

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Saw jethro Tull maybe 5 years ago- tbh it was terrible- think age may have caught up with old Ian.
His voice was farked.

• Wow
Reactions: bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
The only one whose voice has maintained with age is Tom Jones that I can think of.
Notorious for taking care of his health...drinks more water than a fish...good on him though

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 2, 2017
Lancashire, England
Bruce Springsteen day tomorrow. My sister loves him and has a few of his albums. Got these three ready to go

The River
Born in the USA
Tunnel of Love
I love Springsteen but I could never get away with Born in the USA, I prefer his more mellow albums like Nebraska and Tunnel of Love, as well as Born to Run and Darkness. Seen him twice, Wembley in iirc 1985 when Dire Straits were on at the arena next door (tube station was packed afterwards) and also around 81 in Birmingham NEC. Fantastic live band the E Street

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
I love Springsteen but I could never get away with Born in the USA, I prefer his more mellow albums like Nebraska and Tunnel of Love, as well as Born to Run and Darkness. Seen him twice, Wembley in iirc 1985 when Dire Straits were on at the arena next door (tube station was packed afterwards) and also around 81 in Birmingham NEC. Fantastic live band the E Street
Apparently is an intense dude who checks every part of the preparations for a live concert. It certainly shows.

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
Saw jethro Tull maybe 5 years ago- tbh it was terrible- think age may have caught up with old Ian.
His voice was farked.
He was the first concert at the TSB stadium in New Plymouth in the 90s. Was brought over by the magogs motorcycle club. New Plymouth over the last 30 years has had some of the most impressive concerts, the bowl of brooklands is a world renowned venue with the acoustics bouncing around off the terraces. The whole of Pukekura park is actually renowned with the cricket pitch up there for players too with its short boundaries and terraces, Ian Smiths favourite, I remember that much. That’s all without the Festival of Lights that’s again world renowned.

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
New Plymouth
His voice was farked.
Thought the same back in 94 although to be fair the acoustics weren't flash. Martin Barre could swing the axe though.
IMG_1581.JPG

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
He was the first concert at the TSB stadium in New Plymouth in the 90s. Was brought over by the magogs motorcycle club. New Plymouth over the last 30 years has had some of the most impressive concerts, the bowl of brooklands is a world renowned venue with the acoustics bouncing around off the terraces. The whole of Pukekura park is actually renowned with the cricket pitch up there for players too with its short boundaries and terraces, Ian Smiths favourite, I remember that much. That’s all without the Festival of Lights that’s again world renowned.
I was last there 30 years ago, the facilities around the sound shell were pretty basic but if I recall even Fleetwood Mac have played there so the acoustics must be good.

Too be fair there is nothing wrong with Western Springs either, much better than MSS for acoustics.

Reactions: Noitall

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
I was last there 30 years ago, the facilities around the sound shell were pretty basic but if I recall even Fleetwood Mac have played there so the acoustics must be good.

Too be fair there is nothing wrong with Western Springs either, much better than MSS for acoustics.
They’ve had some great shows at the bowl, some real big names. Tina Turner in the nineties but since the millennium have acts like Elton John, Santana, REM, Mark Knofler and heaps more.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings