General [official] Music Discussion Thread.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
I like the Keith Moon and Oliver Reid story about the pet tortoise. They put it on the pub table with a glass of whiskey on its shell, when it I got to one side of the table one of them drank the whiskey, replenished the tumbler and sent it back for the other person to drink. Slowed their drinking down. When they were both pissed they’d flip it on its back and use it as an ashtray
The drinking stories of that era were amazing Reid, O'Toole Harris, Burton...don't think they ever did drugs though.

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
Listening to Aker Bilk today. The old man has a number of his LP's which I have always skipped past. Thought I'd have a go playing them today. They aren't bad, quite good easy listening.

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
Bruce Springsteen day tomorrow. My sister loves him and has a few of his albums. Got these three ready to go

The River
Born in the USA
Tunnel of Love
Saw him a few years ago at Mt Smart, was brilliant. Got an extra treat when I saw Tom Morello from rage against the machine had joined the e street band replacing Nils Lofgren, unbelievable on the ghost of Tom joad. Nice touch starting the show with Lordes royals.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Back in 1984 when music videos had been going about 5 years this one just blew people away, and Courtenay Cox 😍 😍 😍 😍

Reactions: Inruin and Noitall

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
For the train spotters, who is the drummer?

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
Claptons facing a bit of backlash for his new anti lockdown and anti vaccine song, this has got to stop. Reckons he’s vaccinated but says it was the worst time of his life following it, says it took him about a fortnight to get use of his hands etc back. He says he won’t play at any venues that requires you to be vaccinated

• Wow
Reactions: Inruin and bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Claptons facing a bit of backlash for his new anti lockdown and anti vaccine song, this has got to stop. Reckons he’s vaccinated but says it was the worst time of his life following it, says it took him about a fortnight to get use of his hands etc back. He says he won’t play at any venues that requires you to be vaccinated
The guy is a brilliant guitarist but other wise has always been a totally self absorbed dropkick.

What sort of dude would screw his best friends missus and marry her?

Reactions: Inruin and Noitall

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
The guy is a brilliant guitarist but other wise has always been a totally self absorbed dropkick.

What sort of dude would screw his best friends missus and marry her?
Amazing musician that makes some poor choices in his beliefs, was looked at as a racist 30 years for who he supported politically.
Since you were referencing Jagger before, Clapton walked in on him in bed with one of his girlfriends and he made the movie performance with Anita Pallenberg, who was Keith Richards longtime partner and slept with her, he also spent many years with Jerry Hall, who Bryan Ferry was about to marry. She’s with Rupert Murdoch now. George Harrison was no saint and a notorious swinger.

• Wow
Reactions: bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Amazing musician that makes some poor choices in his beliefs, was looked at as a racist 30 years for who he supported politically.
Since you were referencing Jagger before, Clapton walked in on him in bed with one of his girlfriends and he made the movie performance with Anita Pallenberg, who was Keith Richards longtime partner and slept with her, he also spent many years with Jerry Hall, who Bryan Ferry was about to marry. She’s with Rupert Murdoch now. George Harrison was no saint and a notorious swinger.
What a post!!!

Jagger is a narcissist, he and Keith argue like feck, they probably stick together for the money and the music. Richards is the musical talent, not Jagger...but heyzeuss he is a front man.

Would you call Jerry Hall a transactional woman? Shagging Rupert Murdoch FFS, he is 92, heyzeuss spare me.

George Harrison was also a strange fecker. One night at a party there was a young chick there, somebody's relative...he offered her money for a shag...a moron.

Remember Norman Gunston?

One time in Oz he interviewed Jagger and asked him about Linda McCartney. Jagger freaked out.

Reactions: Noitall

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
What a post!!!

Jagger is a narcissist, he and Keith argue like feck, they probably stick together for the money and the music. Richards is the musical talent, not Jagger...but heyzeuss he is a front man.

Would you call Jerry Hall a transactional woman? Shagging Rupert Murdoch FFS, he is 92, heyzeuss spare me.

George Harrison was also a strange fecker. One night at a party there was a young chick there, somebody's relative...he offered her money for a shag...a moron.

Remember Norman Gunston?

One time in Oz he interviewed Jagger and asked him about Linda McCartney. Jagger freaked out.

To be fair Jagger is not a bad musician at all, handy on rhythm guitar, but a great mouth harp player (no surprise). Nowhere near Richards as you say, but the pair can write a hell of a song. Linda McCartney was a rockstar photographer, so I’m sure she would have had her share of conquests too, likely Jagger. Loved it about 20 years ago, Guns n Roses came down under and Gunston interviewed them. He wanted to know why the band had stolen his name. Gunston Roses.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings