General [official] Music Discussion Thread.

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
I included Taylor as he was such an integral part of Queen's harmonies.
Freddie used to call him the dog whistler, cause of his off the chart high notes only dogs could hear. Was the party boy in Queen apparently.

Great drummer and singer, raspy as fuck voice...like Rod Stewart on steroids. Particulary on Queen's 70s stuff where he'd have a song every album.

Im in love with my car Live in Montreal showcases his drumming/singing talent......doesnt just keep a simple beat while singing....plays some very tasty fills.

Songwriter as well, wrote A kind of Magic and Radio Gaga.....apparently Queen are the only band every member has written a number one hit? Surely the Beatles have as well?

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
Freddie used to call him the dog whistler, cause of his off the chart high notes only dogs could hear. Was the party boy in Queen apparently.

Great drummer and singer, raspy as fuck voice...like Rod Stewart on steroids. Particulary on Queen's 70s stuff where he'd have a song every album.

Im in love with my car Live in Montreal showcases his drumming/singing talent......doesnt just keep a simple beat while singing....plays some very tasty fills.

Songwriter as well, wrote A kind of Magic and Radio Gaga.....apparently Queen are the only band every member has written a number one hit? Surely the Beatles have as well?

Ringo didn't.

Reactions: Inruin and Noitall

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Was the party boy in Queen apparently.
He was a very good looking boyish blonde. It was on a platter for him, why ignore it?

Taylor has said that John Deacon is a psychopath. So they obviously were not close.

Deacon has always managed the groups finances, so he obviously is an honest and competent psychopath. Apparently he is now almost a recluse and apart from discussing finances has very little to do with the others.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
That song was a bit controversial.

The others didn't like the song so he locked himself in a cupboard until Freddie agreed to put it on the album.

It did nothing on the charts, but because it was on the B side of Bohemian Rhapsody he got a share of the royalties for the bands biggest seller.

According to the movie the record company wanted it as a single instead of Rhapsody. Amazing.

Reactions: Noitall

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
He was a very good looking boyish blonde. It was on a platter for him, why ignore it?

Taylor has said that John Deacon is a psychopath. So they obviously were not close.

Deacon has always managed the groups finances, so he obviously is an honest and competent psychopath. Apparently he is now almost a recluse and apart from discussing finances has very little to do with the others.
Bass guitarists.....their a different breed.

Almost all the best one's are named John as well......Deacon, McVie, Paul Jones, Taylor, Entwistle....

Deacon was quiet as fuck but he could write a hit - Another One Bites the Dust, I Want To Break Free, Your My Best Friend.......probably the thing i liked most about Queen.......all of them we're song writers

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Bass guitarists.....their a different breed.
So true. They have to be perfectionists, highly skilled, avoid the limelight and accept that most people won't even hear them.

McVie is apparently one of the best...and sorry to go back in time but this girl was pretty good as well...

Actually the Beach Boys were a pure studio band. They were absolute shite on stage, except maybe for Mike Love.

Reactions: Noitall

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
So true. They have to be perfectionists, highly skilled, avoid the limelight and accept that most people won't even hear them.

McVie is apparently one of the best...and sorry to go back in time but this girl was pretty good as well...

Actually the Beach Boys were a pure studio band. They were absolute shite on stage, except maybe for Mike Love.
Glen Campbell played with the Beach Boys when Brian Wilson had a breakdown and couldn’t leave his house. Campbell is one of the most underrated guitarists

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Glen Campbell played with the Beach Boys when Brian Wilson had a breakdown and couldn’t leave his house. Campbell is one of the most underrated guitarists
The Beach Boys wanted Campbell to join the band but that was around the time of Good Vibrations The following year he made it with Gentle on my mind and got big on his own.

Before Gentle on my mind the studio were about to drop him as an artist. he was making heaps with the Wrecking Crew anyway but wanted to sing as well as play.

IMO he was one of the most talented artists of that era, both singing and playing.

When he got really famous he hit the booze and the drugs and burned out. he turned to god and became an absolute arsehole abusing people and all sorts. He became very unpopular in Los Angeles.

That is a pity because when he dried out his concerts were very popular.

Try this concert on You Tube, very classy.

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
The Beach Boys wanted Campbell to join the band but that was around the time of Good Vibrations The following year he made it with Gentle on my mind and got big on his own.

Before Gentle on my mind the studio were about to drop him as an artist. he was making heaps with the Wrecking Crew anyway but wanted to sing as well as play.

IMO he was one of the most talented artists of that era, both singing and playing.

When he got really famous he hit the booze and the drugs and burned out. he turned to god and became an absolute arsehole abusing people and all sorts. He became very unpopular in Los Angeles.

That is a pity because when he dried out his concerts were very popular.

Try this concert on You Tube, very classy.
All very true unfortunately, there’s a great doco of him in the throes of dementia and touring with his daughter near the end of his life. Obviously rubbed plenty the wrong way with his arrogance but also appreciated by some when thanked by Waylon Jennings for giving struggling artists work on his show on that show I asked you what it was called recently. Campbells version of gentle on my mind on that show is among one of the greatest solos I’ve seen how it flows back into the form of the song. Gene Watson behind him aswell as BJ Thomas and others are in awe.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
All very true unfortunately, there’s a great doco of him in the throes of dementia and touring with his daughter near the end of his life. Obviously rubbed plenty the wrong way with his arrogance but also appreciated by some when thanked by Waylon Jennings for giving struggling artists work on his show on that show I asked you what it was called recently. Campbells version of gentle on my mind on that show is among one of the greatest solos I’ve seen how it flows back into the form of the song. Gene Watson behind him aswell as BJ Thomas and others are in awe.
Glen's daughter Ashley has inherited a lot of talent from her father. BJ Thomas was a great singer too. Had massive drug problems and turned to god as well.

Melbourne Storm Central Coast Stadium, Gosford Rate Match

Last Game

13 Jun

4.3 Total Avg Rating
5.6 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 6 ratings