General [official] Music Discussion Thread.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Talking about size, Stevie N is starting to look like Jessica Mutch McKay.
Stevie's weight is a sad story. Like most of Hollywood back then she was a regular coke user.

After Rumours Mick Fleetwood wanted to credit their coke supplier on the album. He is a real space cadet that guy.

It got that bad the coke started to affect her voice, so before shows a selected roadie got the job of applying a spoonful inside her rectum. Now seeing that back then Stevie was proverbial dish, I am sure there were a few volunteers.

Anyway, eventually she decided she had to kick the coke, so some doctor put her on anti depressants. A side of effect of anti depressants can be sudden and possibly irreversible weight gain.

From personal experience one had to be smart enough to notice it and strong enough to kick the habit immediately. Even then I had, and still have trouble with my weight.

So it isn't Stevie's fault, and I feel sorry for Jessica Mutch as well, because she is a fine journalist. I am sure she has tried to manage it.

Reactions: Worried2Death

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Before I log off this is some classy Australian Country Music with Paul and Dan Kelly, Missy Higgins and Naomi Evans.

Reactions: Worried2Death

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Another rock goddess who was hot and tends to be overlooked is Grace Slick
1622849060085.png

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Yeah i think everyone from Springstein to Mettalica we're doing Purple Rain tributes after he passed.

Didnt really appreciate his talents at the time, honestly thought the guitar in his video's was just a prop......then i discovered he could actually shred......and what a talent he was.
Musical prodigy without peer in the world really.

There has never been, and probably will never again be anyone like him in any musical genre.

Fluent in seventeen instruments in high school.

Played all twenty three instruments on his first Album.

Compositions include songs written for Kenny Rogers.

Pretty insane when you look at the solos he composed for iconic tracks like lets go crazy and Purple rain....given that the piano Keyboards and drums were his strongest instruments. A brilliant guitarist who was not a guitarist.

Pretty much a guy that Motzart and Beethoven could have a conversation with.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
He was a prodigy, and quite eccentric. He never did much for me personally apart from writing that hit for the Bangles. I must lack taste.
Not at all Bruce on the taste thing.

I was classically trained in Piano as an example and I cannot stand Mozart, I am all about Beethoven.

That is the individuality that music reflects.

I cannot stand Jazz....and I don’t mean Tevanga....oh sure I like some Jazz anthems but I find the genre grossly overrated American constipation.

Moral of the story...someone can be a crazy good player of a sound...but if you dont like the sound so what....you are allowed.

Just like I am gonna declare here and now Miles Davis is an overrated noise blasting American Bs Trumpet blower.

Whoa sacrilidge lots of black peole wanna suck his horn.....whatever It is just noise to me...I dont like the Trumpet period so.....Mr Davis go play somewhere I am not..

Melbourne Storm Central Coast Stadium, Gosford Rate Match

Last Game

13 Jun

4.3 Total Avg Rating
5.6 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 6 ratings