General [official] Music Discussion Thread.

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
In this age of easy access to online music, I played through an album from 1968 which didn't sell well. Yet Noel Gallagher, Paul Weller and Blur rate it as important as Sgt Pepper from the same time period.

The album is 'The Kinks are the Village Green Preservation Society' Personally it doesn't do that much for me but does reinforce what a brilliant and under rated writer and performer Ray Davies is. Brother Dave isn't half bad as well.

Great to listen to half forgotten and even stuff never heard before. Showing my age.

Reactions: Mr Dragon

Geoffpublic

Warriors. As good as Gould
Contributor
Dec 7, 2018
Auckland
Or alternately, 1 for Raiders supporters at home games, just before kick off.

If you’re a looser and you know it , clap your hands,
If you’re a looser and you know it, clap your hands,
If your teams about to blow it,
Get on your feet and let them know it,
Because the best way to show it's, clap your hands.
images.jpeg-15.jpg

Last edited:

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 2, 2017
Lancashire, England
In this age of easy access to online music, I played through an album from 1968 which didn't sell well. Yet Noel Gallagher, Paul Weller and Blur rate it as important as Sgt Pepper from the same time period.

The album is 'The Kinks are the Village Green Preservation Society' Personally it doesn't do that much for me but does reinforce what a brilliant and under rated writer and performer Ray Davies is. Brother Dave isn't half bad as well.

Great to listen to half forgotten and even stuff never heard before. Showing my age.
I’ve got one or two Kinks albums, aside from the mentioned try Arthur, Lola versus Powerman and Something Else. One of the problems is the album productions isn’t great, they still sound very flat like mono albums used to.

Uster101

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2020
The ground announcer at all the cricket games is shit - all he plays is Bruno Mars and Six60 - 2 crap acts. makes me happy to have the remote close at hand to mute that crap. Feel sorry for the fans that are at the game and the players. Really antisocial by the ground DJ as the fans cannot mute the rubbish he plays

Upcoming Match

St George Dragons Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Sydney Rate Match

Last Game

18 Apr

20 - 14
7.2 Total Avg Rating
7.2 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

1. 4.9
    Peta Hiku

Compiled from 18 ratings