General [official] Music Discussion Thread.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
I quite like music documentaries seeing how great albums were made or reviewing an artists career or early days.

Often record the Prime Rocks series. Watched one on Lynyrd Skynyrd last night called If I leave here tomorrow.

Have to admit I didn't know much about them besides hearing Freebird & Sweet Home Alabama, they had a lot of band members and there was a plane crash. All I heard about the crash was a few of the members had died and the members of AC/DC were nearly on it but decided not to at the last minute. The AC/DC bit was due to the discussion being on an AC/DC forum and how different things would of been as they were still starting out in 1977.

I didn't know that the crash was pretty much the end of Lynyrd Skynyrd. They are going now but that was after a reunion in 1987.

The crash is scary as they didn't have enough fuel to start with before issues with the engines. Crashed into the woods and if you go there now you can still find parts of the plane 40 years later.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
When the pandemic hit I searched on youtube, black people reacting to rock music and found literally hundreds of videos by heaps of reactors.

This brother plays Metallica's Enter Sandman on the drums after only hearing it once.

Man that was amazing.

He blacked it up a lil. sounded really awesome.

drake83

1st Grade Fringe
Jan 14, 2013
Palmerston North
I quite like music documentaries seeing how great albums were made or reviewing an artists career or early days.

Often record the Prime Rocks series. Watched one on Lynyrd Skynyrd last night called If I leave here tomorrow.

Have to admit I didn't know much about them besides hearing Freebird & Sweet Home Alabama, they had a lot of band members and there was a plane crash. All I heard about the crash was a few of the members had died and the members of AC/DC were nearly on it but decided not to at the last minute. The AC/DC bit was due to the discussion being on an AC/DC forum and how different things would of been as they were still starting out in 1977.

I didn't know that the crash was pretty much the end of Lynyrd Skynyrd. They are going now but that was after a reunion in 1987.

The crash is scary as they didn't have enough fuel to start with before issues with the engines. Crashed into the woods and if you go there now you can still find parts of the plane 40 years later.
And another band member got pissed and crashed into a tree he lived but was crippled.
He use to come out on stage before they played live and warn people about drunk driving.
Also didn't the brother of the original singer become the new singer

• Haha
Reactions: Sup42

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
And another band member got pissed and crashed into a tree he lived but was crippled.
He use to come out on stage before they played live and warn people about drunk driving.
Also didn't the brother of the original singer become the new singer
Didn't know about the guy crashing into a tree. That's right the brother sings for them now. Think he did a tribute show with them in 1987 and then a few years later they reformed. Had to sort out some legal stuff with his sister in-law to pay some royalties and they had to have be made up of x number of people from the original band to use the name. That's relaxed now as members pass away.

Saw a clip on YouTube about the crash and how the plane had some history. Aerosmith were going to buy it, the reports were bad but the deal breaker was them seeing the pilots drinking.

Also on YouTube there documentary on the last 72 hours of Lynyrd Skynyrd with 3 people that were on the plane. Ronne Van Zant's mate who was part of their security was describing how he was saw the pilots working on the plane that day and was asking what was wrong. Got into an argument as he said they should stay seeing as it was their day off. Pilot told him not to worry. Ended up travelling as they want to relax or party somewhere else.

Pretty sure the If I leave here tomorrow documentary had them talking about how they were going to get the plane looked at.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Has anyone here watched tales from the tour bus on YouTube? Animated series on country and funk, its hilarious. Rick James cracks me up!

You must watch Charlie Murphy flashbacks on Rick James that he did for the Chappelle Show. Fucking hilarious! That dude has lived a life. You hear about his antics during his NZ gig a few years ago? Dudes outrageous...

Reactions: RobRoyMcCoy

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
You must watch Charlie Murphy flashbacks on Rick James that he did for the Chappelle Show. Fucking hilarious! That dude has lived a life. You hear about his antics during his NZ gig a few years ago? Dudes outrageous...

Watching a few about the antics of Keith Moon, A trail of smashed Hotel rooms. Although Roger Daltrey reckons Hotel Managers loved him. They would just put Moon in a room that needed renovation, Moon would smash it and the Who would pay for renovations.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Prince using that image of Chapelle on his next album cover was epic.

Chappelles line about not being able to sue Prince for using an image of Chappelle dressed as Prince made me laugh.

Reactions: Rizzah

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
Love some of Rick James music, Mary Jane one of my favourites but he truly did become the super freak. Him and his mrs were done for locking up a person and holding them as a sex slave and torturing them. Some of his antics are folklore.

Sky Waka

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2017

My favourite Chappelle Show bits are Charlie's Prince and Rick James stories.

Eddie Murphy Feat Rick James

Reactions: Mr Dragon

Upcoming Match

St George Dragons Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Sydney Rate Match

Last Game

18 Apr

20 - 14
7.2 Total Avg Rating
7.2 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

1. 4.9