General [official] Music Discussion Thread.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
Have you seen his Sultans of Swing cover It is worth a look
yea i have, have you seen fast car, its an acoustic, beautiful. This dude is so damn talented it makes me sick.
To think that just as his international career was kicking off he was working with a team on a cruise ship in the us, then the corona virus blew up and he would have had to retreat back to Sweden. Before i saw his thing, i didnt even know they had heavy metal cruises, for people of defining taste.

Reactions: Off The Bench

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Sad news.

Wasn't a Van Halen fan when I was younger but have really started to appreciate their music over the last year.

Off The Bench

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 26, 2014
yea i have, have you seen fast car, its an acoustic, beautiful. This dude is so damn talented it makes me sick.
To think that just as his international career was kicking off he was working with a team on a cruise ship in the us, then the corona virus blew up and he would have had to retreat back to Sweden. Before i saw his thing, i didnt even know they had heavy metal cruises, for people of defining taste.
Swedish Metal is awesome .
Entombed is my favorite swedish Metal act .
Wreckage is the best driving song ever .

But I like the frog leap studios idea lots of collaboration with lesser known artists it's great .
One of the people who has taken the internet an made it work for them .

gREVUS

Contributor
May 8, 2012
Sad news.

Wasn't a Van Halen fan when I was younger but have really started to appreciate their music over the last year.
i think david lee roth introduced me to van halen via California girls when i was a younger man, then probably hooked with Hot for teacher, so pure van halen. I know i had a copy of 1984.

then again i was discovering ZZ Top via legs about the same time.

I had a real thing for stockings back then, especially if they came on the legs of models dressed in mini skirts.

ZZ Top is probably my oldest, greatest love. have everything they have ever done i think

gREVUS

Contributor
May 8, 2012
Swedish Metal is awesome .
Entombed is my favorite swedish Metal act .
Wreckage is the best driving song ever .

But I like the frog leap studios idea lots of collaboration with lesser known artists it's great .
One of the people who has taken the internet an made it work for them .
yea i saw a new one of his and thought this is awesome, and then i saw it had been out a week and had over 5 million plays already. Not to shabby.

I'll look up wreckage though i dont know it.

edit just had a listen, its ok, but i love the song that came up after it. "say it in slugs"

Last edited:

BiggerD

1st Grade Fringe
May 15, 2012
Sydney
OMG I remember being at home in Palmy Nth and this hot babe would be there at Number one
I Found her .. Here she is. As a 17 year old at the time, she was so yummy :D

Promises was a Canadian based pop group which was founded in 1978. The band were in fact a well busted version of the Partridge family, as all were related. The members were ALL siblings Leslie Maria Knauer, (vocals), Jed Knauer (guitar, piano) and Benny Knauer (keyboards). Their father Peter Knauer dabbled in keyboards and was also the producer. (A liitle bit like Cleavagedownunder - but could sing and play!)

BUT this revealed her “assets” to the fans and made many a teen boy propose marriage o_O

Leslie now
1602254154968.png

Last edited:

BiggerD

1st Grade Fringe
May 15, 2012
Sydney
Free Bird by Lynard Skynard.. such a great song & live version

One of Lynard Skynards members lives in NZ . How good is that?

Reactions: Worried2Death

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 2, 2017
Lancashire, England
Free Bird by Lynard Skynard.. such a great song & live version

One of Lynard Skynards members lives in NZ . How good is that?

When I was about 17 I occasionally drank in a pub in the town frequented by bikers. (Could blag your age and get served in there). That track was on permanently on the juke box
Edit. Interspersed by Steppenwolf Born to be wild

Just checked and the pub still exists. There will be bikers in there who still think it’s the 1970’s

https://m.facebook.com/ThreeTunsWhitehaven/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=0&locale2=en_GB

Last edited:

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
OMG I remember being at home in Palmy Nth and this hot babe would be there at Number one
I Found her .. Here she is. As a 17 year old at the time, she was so yummy :D

Promises was a Canadian based pop group which was founded in 1978. The band were in fact a well busted version of the Partridge family, as all were related. The members were ALL siblings Leslie Maria Knauer, (vocals), Jed Knauer (guitar, piano) and Benny Knauer (keyboards). Their father Peter Knauer dabbled in keyboards and was also the producer. (A liitle bit like Cleavagedownunder - but could sing and play!)

BUT this revealed her “assets” to the fans and made many a teen boy propose marriage o_O

Leslie now View attachment 43411
Holy shit I remember her, she's probly been in my subconscious for 40 years too, good work bro.

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Crowded House have announced a ten-date national tour in March of next year with concerts from Auckland to Queenstown. Neil Finn will be joined on stage with sons Liam (guitar) and Elroy (guitar), producer Mitchell Froom (keyboards) and original bassist Nick Seymour.

Tickets for all shows go on-sale next Thursday, 5 November, at midday from livenation.co.nz and crowdedhouse.com, with limited pre-sales available on Wednesday, 4 November.

Full tour dates

Hamilton, Claudelands Arena - 4 March
Napier, Church Road Winery - 6 March
Nelson, Trafalgar Centre - 8 March
Christchurch, Christchurch Arena - 10 March
Dunedin, Town Hall - 11 March
Queenstown, Gibbston Valley - 13 March
Wellington, Tsb Bank Arena - 15 March
Palmerston North, Regent Theatre - 17 March
Auckland Spark Arena - 19 March
New Plymouth Bowl Of Brooklands - 20 March

Reactions: Rizzah

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 2, 2017
Lancashire, England
Crowded House have announced a ten-date national tour in March of next year with concerts from Auckland to Queenstown. Neil Finn will be joined on stage with sons Liam (guitar) and Elroy (guitar), producer Mitchell Froom (keyboards) and original bassist Nick Seymour.

Tickets for all shows go on-sale next Thursday, 5 November, at midday from livenation.co.nz and crowdedhouse.com, with limited pre-sales available on Wednesday, 4 November.

Full tour dates

Hamilton, Claudelands Arena - 4 March
Napier, Church Road Winery - 6 March
Nelson, Trafalgar Centre - 8 March
Christchurch, Christchurch Arena - 10 March
Dunedin, Town Hall - 11 March
Queenstown, Gibbston Valley - 13 March
Wellington, Tsb Bank Arena - 15 March
Palmerston North, Regent Theatre - 17 March
Auckland Spark Arena - 19 March
New Plymouth Bowl Of Brooklands - 20 March
Playing at Knowsley Road, St Helens in this