General Off Topic Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Maraea

Maraea

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Maybe this is Eric Watson's master plan, to allow the Fans to buy the club at a discount,,,, (just like he did) after Lowe and his buds fuck it up again.

Wishful thinking I know.:rolleyes:
Tainui were too naive for that croak and his croaked mates. Seems tainui have lived and learned and doin a billion odd better thanks. As they say, where there's a lowie there's a debt (somebody else's of course) a mortgage free home and a pokie machine. Oh hang on, is that his mate? Oh no that's right ARL/nzrl (previous) - they're all the same. By the way, inc societies can't give members any profits by law I believe(some lawyer can verify) I could be wrong. They can spend it as they see fit however. Fun future to watch where the money goes aye. So that's my historical b n moan. Nzrl should get a boost - maybe it'll be the warriors playing in the USA. The games more fun than the admin crap.

Edit: Don't know why this has been moved from off topic days later mods.

Last edited:
Reaction score

flying coconut

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Tainui were too naive for that croak and his croaked mates. Seems tainui have lived and learned and doin a billion odd better thanks. As they say, where there's a lowie there's a debt (somebody else's of course) a mortgage free home and a pokie machine. Oh hang on, is that his mate? Oh no that's right ARL/nzrl (previous) - they're all the same. By the way, inc societies can't give members any profits by law I believe(some lawyer can verify) I could be wrong. They can spend it as they see fit however. Fun future to watch where the money goes aye. So that's my historical b n moan. Nzrl should get a boost - maybe it'll be the warriors playing in the USA. The games more fun than the admin crap.

Hahahaha that's a laugh about Tainui living and learning. They get given money and squander it.

Reaction score

flying coconut

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
You've got no idea what you're talking about.
Well where did Tainui get all their money from?

I suggest you do some research, buying the Warriors was just one of many blunders Tainui have made.

Reaction score
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Wasnt it Tainui who went to the govt back during the time they were invested in the club and said they had lost millions of dollars n wanted reimbursed? When questioned on how they lost it, the reply was they didnt know, it just wasnt there anymore.

Also, didnt they also sell a successful Sydney pub right before the Sydney Olympics for not much, when it was going to be the closest drinking hole to the Athlete Village?

Reaction score

flying coconut

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Wasnt it Tainui who went to the govt back during the time they were invested in the club and said they had lost millions of dollars n wanted reimbursed? When questioned on how they lost it, the reply was they didnt know, it just wasnt there anymore.

Also, didnt they also sell a successful Sydney pub right before the Sydney Olympics for not much, when it was going to be the closest drinking hole to the Athlete Village?

They also sold a building in Hamilton by mistake and had to buy it back at a hugely inflated price

Reaction score
Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Reaction score
I pray to God/Allah/whatever that they make a success of this ownership.

But surely you dont announce what you are considering reviewing immediately. You review first and then announce. It seems like a clear intention, as opposed to a simple consideration.

What NRL team is used to fund a local comp?
Refer Labour Govt and below on how to handle reviews

Reaction score
Maraea

Maraea

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Well where did Tainui get all their money from?

I suggest you do some research, buying the Warriors was just one of many blunders Tainui have made.
Lol - I don't need to research it. I try to keep up with these things as a matter of course.

But its neither here nor there now aye? ARL/carlaw park/autex own it now, its all swings and roundabouts.

Reaction score
Maraea

Maraea

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
No. Tainui never requested reimbursement.

They did own property in Australia.

They did go to court over a building in Hamilton.

Both these were 20 years ago.

For more up to date info you can get the freely available financial reports from tainui group holdings online.

Reaction score
surfin

surfin

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
No. Tainui never requested reimbursement.

They did own property in Australia.

They did go to court over a building in Hamilton.

Both these were 20 years ago.

For more up to date info you can get the freely available financial reports from tainui group holdings online.

Still not perfect but they are a shitload more professional now, and own some seriously successful ventures. That said I still have a few relations pretty unhappy with some of the things they have done.

Reaction score

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Our public Transport and infrastructure is like a 3rd world country
Bahaha soooo true, was just discussing that today. Building a highway to Whangarei, what they should be doing is building high speed train from albany to whangarei and urban train to city, then branches to various stops on the shore. People would not drive if they could get to work faster and cheaper and have free wifi while they watch NRL highlights or netflix on the way to work. Well done Auck city, ijiots.

Reaction score
Maraea

Maraea

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Meanwhile Bluey was buzzing out of his chair last night in the after match commentary show. Threw in a Luke's a tough Maori comment - is it racist? No. Is statement about ethnicity necessary? No. Watch for it to get worse as the weeks roll on, and it goes

Reaction score
Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Mention Carlaw park to Mt Smart lovers even in a historical context to explain the concerns regarding the ARL and your posts disappear,

Thats cool Mt Kremlins

censorship against that type of talk is needed.

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Mention Carlaw park to Mt Smart lovers even in a historical context to explain the concerns regarding the ARL and your posts disappear,

Thats cool Mt Kremlins

censorship against that type of talk is needed.
Carlaw Park is dead comrade.

The first post about it and Jacinda Ardern have nothing to do with the ARL ownership thread apart from the money they used to buy the club. I really don't want that thread turning into another bring back Carlaw Park wankfest. Especially if bruce gets involved and it will turn into 'it was all Watsons fault' tangent.

Happy to move them to another thread but CBF finding it myself. Sure there is plenty threads around that have been hijacked by Carlaw Park talk. Take your pick...

Reaction score
Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Carlaw Park is dead comrade.

The first post about it and Jacinda Ardern have nothing to do with the ARL ownership thread apart from the money they used to buy the club. I really don't want that thread turning into another bring back Carlaw Park wankfest. Especially if bruce gets involved and it will turn into 'it was all Watsons fault' tangent.

Happy to move them to another thread but CBF finding it myself. Sure there is plenty threads around that have been hijacked by Carlaw Park talk. Take your pick...

tis funny you know.....only every few years i get pissy about Carlaw,....and it smelled of piss so thats probably fitting....years of therapy cannot remove that fuddty duddy thinking I don't know what it is....loyalty to childhood memories i bet,

Probably not healthy .

Reaction score
Maraea

Maraea

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
And the debate rolls on.

I like Cornwall park. I like league.

I read David Long's article interviewing Biddlecombe, man that's terrible foreboding.

Its funny the $1million dollars went thru Oct 2017? The Cornwall leasees got the boot Nov 2017?

Man that land round Epsom is prime aye? Cpht will be free of ARL debt when? Man, the mind boggles bout that prime Epsom ear marked legacy land.

Reaction score

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
The problem is people are thinking of the OLD CARLAW. We also need a winning team to get fans double the size of current fan membership. Brisbane playing in South Brisbane at ANZ stadium is like the Warriors playing at a commonwealth game track and field park in South Auckland. Carlaw will never work unless our team turns it up and has a mini legacy. More people I know in Remuera and the Shore talk about the Warriors than they do the Blues. Partly because winning rugby got boring post super rugby and our 3 super rugby titles. We won 5 years prior to Super rugby without losing a game. That does get monotonous. Id love for the warriors to Win more but if they didnt lose a game for 5 years, I think interest would wain. So there is a lot of interest needed via the team winning which means investors believing in the club becoming successful and building a stadium more central for All. I dont know if Carlaw is really what Im suggesting, Im suggesting if we want Central, West and North fans to join we need a stadium Central. And while Im at big ideas and I get flamed for thinking like Aussies do about RL, we need a Leagues club, like Panthers. I mean, Im a member of the Central Coast leagues club and that club has more going for it than any singular venue in Auckland and Manly rarely even play in Gossy anymore.

https://penrith.panthers.com.au/

7 BARS!!!!! 11 resteraunts !!!!. And Newcastle is probably just as good last time I went there.

A place for members and non warriors members a like to go and eat and drink and be entertained outside of just League. A bar for nzwarriors.com members to go and hijack a corner and talk just as much .... in real life as we do on here. A place to admire the brilliance of Mason Lino and talk about how pretty SJ's tough stickers are and whether he did his hair right this week or not.

Yes a central club would mean buying more expensive land for parking etc, but with a direct bus and train route right to the Stadium that could be negated just like Scumcorp.

Im talking Suncorp Stadium level Carlaw/Pick a place central. Suncorp is the best Stadium in the Southern Hemisphere to watch Rugby, possibly anywhere in the world. Forsyth Bar in Dunners is ok, was just there, but doesnt hold a flame to the atmosphere of Suncorp. The design of it make it a coliseum level amphitheater. Mt Smart is just a dud. Id rather we moved to North Harbour. Somewhere closer to the action. But you can see from the second photo how everybody is on top of the field at Suncorp.

Lang Park before and After

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom