General Off Contract Players?

  • Thread starter Etern0L_Warrior_old
  • Start date

Etern0L_Warrior_old

Guest
Does anyone know where to find a article showing all the players in the NRL and how long their contract lasts?

Craig Gower is what we need. Please stop signing mediocre second rowers and centres/wingers when we could just use Fai, Vuna etc.

2007/2008:

1.Ah Van
2.Vuna
3.Mannering
4.Vatuvei
5.Taulapapa
6.Rovelli - learn to kick goals if ur gonna stay till 2010
7.Gower
8.Wiki
9.Fien
10.Price
11.Anderson
12.Koopu
13.Faumuina

14.Ropati/Hohaia
15.Tuimavave
16.Lauki
17.Fai

In: Gower
Gone: Gatis, Guttenbeil, Webb, Toopi, Luck, Byrne, Martin,
 

MiXmasterreece_old

Guest
Etern0L_Warrior said:
Does anyone know where to find a article showing all the players in the NRL and how long their contract lasts?

Craig Gower is what we need. Please stop signing mediocre second rowers and centres/wingers when we could just use Fai, Vuna etc.

2007/2008:

1.Ah Van
2.Vuna
3.Mannering
4.Vatuvei
5.Taulapapa
6.Rovelli - learn to kick goals if ur gonna stay till 2010
7.Gower
8.Wiki
9.Fien
10.Price
11.Anderson
12.Koopu
13.Faumuina

14.Ropati/Hohaia
15.Tuimavave
16.Lauki
17.Fai

In: Gower
Gone: Gatis, Guttenbeil, Webb, Toopi, Luck, Byrne, Martin,

Webb gone? Because you'd drop him or because he'll leave?
 

Kaiaua krusher_old

Guest
Some interesting discussions on Radio Sport especially Wayne Scurrahs interview with Brendan Telfer.

A lot surrounded around what we already know in that Awen and Toops have been given permission to look elsewhere, but interestingly they haven't signed Webb, Evarn or Hame.

I applauded the buy of Rubes and Pricey, but here we are again just getting some value from Evan and Hame (until he was injured) we are jammed in by the salary cap. I suppose one can argue that without Rubes and Pricey we would be getting absolutely dorked, but some how we have to break this cycle. Thankfully Ivan is giving young Sammy a shot and he is impressing.

According to Wayne they would love to retain Webby, but for the money his manager is obviously wanting, he has to be more consistent. While he is one of our best this year Ivan wants more. Its called value for money.

I think Ivan is making some shrewd assessments on the playing roster and while I might not agree with them all, that's his call.

It appeared to me that the Club is not in the market for big name buys this year and is perhaps the reason why some players have only gained an extra years extension to their contracts. Here's hoping by June 2007 we have sufficient margin in the salary cap to meet the market.

I hope I'm there when we see these decisions reach fruition with a Premiership WIN!!!
 

Skinny_Ravs82

Guest
Gower? Are you nuts? No thank you! He's as bad Brett Finch for crying out loud!!
 

Jesbass_old

Guest
Skinny_Ravs82 said:
Gower? Are you nuts? No thank you! He's as bad Brett Finch for crying out loud!!

Whilst I agree with you, Skins, that comment probably isn't the best in regards to timing, considering the recent State of Origin match... ;)
 

Skinny_Ravs82

Guest
Jesbass said:
Skinny_Ravs82 said:
Gower? Are you nuts? No thank you! He's as bad Brett Finch for crying out loud!!

Whilst I agree with you, Skins, that comment probably isn't the best in regards to timing, considering the recent State of Origin match... ;)

Jesbass...one fluky goal in a match doesn't make a huge statment on the bloke. It's quite well known that at NRL level Finch is crappy anyway The fact he even made it into the NSW side was more luck than anything else. He's really average at best.

One lucky break isn't the season.
 

warriors4life_old

Guest
Skinny_Ravs82 said:
Jesbass said:
Skinny_Ravs82 said:
Gower? Are you nuts? No thank you! He's as bad Brett Finch for crying out loud!!

Whilst I agree with you, Skins, that comment probably isn't the best in regards to timing, considering the recent State of Origin match... ;)

Jesbass...one fluky goal in a match doesn't make a huge statment on the bloke. It's quite well known that at NRL level Finch is crappy anyway The fact he even made it into the NSW side was more luck than anything else. He's really average at best.

One lucky break isn't the season.

It wasn't just one fluky goal, he scored one try, set up two others and was named MOM. I don't think Finch is crappy at NRL level, seeming as he kept Craig Wing on the bench earlier in the year and is now keeping Jamie Soward out of the team.
 

Skinny_Ravs82

Guest
warriors4life said:
Skinny_Ravs82 said:
Jesbass said:
Skinny_Ravs82 said:
Gower? Are you nuts? No thank you! He's as bad Brett Finch for crying out loud!!

Whilst I agree with you, Skins, that comment probably isn't the best in regards to timing, considering the recent State of Origin match... ;)

Jesbass...one fluky goal in a match doesn't make a huge statment on the bloke. It's quite well known that at NRL level Finch is crappy anyway The fact he even made it into the NSW side was more luck than anything else. He's really average at best.

One lucky break isn't the season.

It wasn't just one fluky goal, he scored one try, set up two others and was named MOM. I don't think Finch is crappy at NRL level, seeming as he kept Craig Wing on the bench earlier in the year and is now keeping Jamie Soward out of the team.

He's only keeping them out because if he fails he's outta the 1st grade side.
By the sounds of it he's ego is very. very big.
I do love the fact NSW won, but Finch is no super hero either. Like I said, he wouldn't have been in the side if Gower hadn't hurt himself.
 

Skinny_Ravs82

Guest
Anyway. I don't want to turn this into a Finch-bashing thread. LOL. So we'll just leave it at that.
 

Iafeta_old

Guest
Kaiaua krusher said:
Some interesting discussions on Radio Sport especially Wayne Scurrahs interview with Brendan Telfer.

A lot surrounded around what we already know in that Awen and Toops have been given permission to look elsewhere, but interestingly they haven't signed Webb, Evarn or Hame.

I applauded the buy of Rubes and Pricey, but here we are again just getting some value from Evan and Hame (until he was injured) we are jammed in by the salary cap. I suppose one can argue that without Rubes and Pricey we would be getting absolutely dorked, but some how we have to break this cycle. Thankfully Ivan is giving young Sammy a shot and he is impressing.

According to Wayne they would love to retain Webby, but for the money his manager is obviously wanting, he has to be more consistent. While he is one of our best this year Ivan wants more. Its called value for money.

I think Ivan is making some shrewd assessments on the playing roster and while I might not agree with them all, that's his call.

It appeared to me that the Club is not in the market for big name buys this year and is perhaps the reason why some players have only gained an extra years extension to their contracts. Here's hoping by June 2007 we have sufficient margin in the salary cap to meet the market.

I hope I'm there when we see these decisions reach fruition with a Premiership WIN!!!

It almost sounds inevitable that we're losing Webb, it'd be horrid to lose Evarn Tuimavave as well.
 

sebastian_old

Guest
For gods sake its a discrace if we lose evarn, hes done nothing wrong!!!
Hame we could live without but evarn is flowing with potentiel.
 

warriorfaithful*_old

Guest
Disagree with one thing on that review....... and thats the predicted scoreline. Itl be a warriors win for mine!!!!!!!!!!! I wouldnt go against them EVER!
 

Skinny_Ravs82

Guest
warriorfaithful* said:
Disagree with one thing on that review....... and thats the predicted scoreline. Itl be a warriors win for mine!!!!!!!!!!! I wouldnt go against them EVER!

LOL yeah know what ya mean. Something alot of people do is underestimate the Warriors.
Just when you think they are down and out they can/so/will surprise you.
 

warriorfaithful*_old

Guest
Skinny_Ravs82 said:
warriorfaithful* said:
Disagree with one thing on that review....... and thats the predicted scoreline. Itl be a warriors win for mine!!!!!!!!!!! I wouldnt go against them EVER!

LOL yeah know what ya mean. Something alot of people do is underestimate the Warriors.
Just when you think they are down and out they can/so/will surprise you.



Exactly skinny ravs. The positive duo are back at it again lol!
 

patty_old

Guest
i agree with evarn flowing with potential...if only he become more consistant and have super performances week in week out. that will come with time as he gets youse to doing all the travelling and pressure of a first grade footballer.

But back to Gower i think you absolutly right! Gower, Orford or even Dykes to 5/8.

you look at the following postions and it becomes clearer

Fullback - webb does everything you would need from a fullback

Front row - Excellent: price and wiki and now fien really do make a super front row

Centres and wingers - bit of work needs to be done here but with the potential of vatuvai and to some degree ah van we can definiatly improve

Back row- good, sound and realiable...sure there is no BK or Hindmarsh but our back row is super and with youngsters like fai comeing it will be good to add a bit of mongrel

Halves- WAAAYYYY to inexperienced. never no 2-3 years down the track could be awesome but for me halves with about 15 games experience BETWEEN them is wayyy to little and stupid really especially since there both at young ages and it is to young to be running an NRL team. Im all for rovelli and belive he should have the 7 TILL 2010 but it is simply a matter of fact of helping him out. if rovelli had an experienced, long kicking, organising 5/8 outside of him you would see him florish. right now he is trying to get the warrriors with an underperforming backline into the top 8 and he getting no help with the 6 outside him!

so the main postion we need to fill is the 6 fo next year and i belive hohaia is not really up to it. All we would need is a scott hill or dykes even to relive the pressure otherwise rovelli wont learn properly in my opinion since he always being under constant pressure and that can take the fun out of football.
 

Skinny_Ravs82

Guest
warriorfaithful* said:
Skinny_Ravs82 said:
warriorfaithful* said:
Disagree with one thing on that review....... and thats the predicted scoreline. Itl be a warriors win for mine!!!!!!!!!!! I wouldnt go against them EVER!

LOL yeah know what ya mean. Something alot of people do is underestimate the Warriors.
Just when you think they are down and out they can/so/will surprise you.



Exactly skinny ravs. The positive duo are back at it again lol!

"We're back! We're back again!" hahaha
 

Similar threads

Replies
7
Views
830
blain91_old
Replies
48
Views
3K
motu1_old
Replies
1
Views
658
Spence_old
Replies
17
Views
1K
garyhobson_old
Replies
6
Views
659
KeepingTheFaith_old

Last Game

08 May

10 - 29
3.9 Total Avg Rating
2.2 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 13 ratings